Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Whats going on here?

6K views 51 replies 16 participants last post by  burn-z 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't see Dec 2013 or anything for 2014 :dundun:

And no BOTY for 2013 either :confused:

#44 ·
I like the idea of a specific thread for each month. I will start a new thread each month and anyone that wants to enter for that month will need to post their entry in the thread. The requirement for entry would be the same as it is now but it would eliminate everyone starting their own new thread each month and I won't have to search though threads to find new or current entries.

#45 ·
You can still keep a photo of the month contest R1 specific. Letting the creativity of the shot be the deciding factor other than how much $ has been spent on the bike would likely be far more appealing to members. It would take the financial aspect out of it (which is huge for a lot of people) and level the field. I'd vote for an awesome shot of an R1 against a killer background over a boku-dollar modded R1 sitting in a driveway or on a lift any day.

Then, have one big BOTY contest at the end for all the really crazy builds.

There's no way you're going increase volume enough for monthly bike vs. bike selections.

To be frank, that method is going to get boring fast. Who is honestly going to spend time voting between a bike with a slip on and LED angel eyes vs. a bike with rearsets and a colored chain?

The really big builds are at such a high level now that you're never going to get your average guy to want to enter his bike in a competition with them without leveling the paying field somehow. And on the off chance that he does, you create a situation where the owner and the rest of us are almost feeling sorry for the guy because the radiator on one bike is worth more than his collective effort.

All that said, I think we do need a once a year competition. That shouldn't go away. But let it be a competition that actually means something.

In the mean time, give the guy with the fender eliminator kit that managed to get a shot of his bike at a GP with Rossi wheelieing in the background a chance to win.

#50 ·
While I like the idea of a cool picture thread I don't want to have to deal with it in the BOTM section. I have been looking at the format used on the R6 Forum and will be going forward with something much the same. If only bikes with minor mods enter then they will be the winner...period. This should help increase participation. It doesn't appear the R6 Forum has a huge turnout for entries or voting but it is more member driven. Every person who enters will have the same chance. One thing they do is limit the month to the first ten entries and you can't enter two months in a row. I don't see this being an issue and hopefully we will get more members involved regardless of how much they have put into their builds. Only time will tell.

#51 ·
If you don't want to "deal" with it, then perhaps it should be put to a vote to let the members decide.

Besides, it would replace the BOTM section, not be an additional section of it.

I'm sure there are those among us who would be willing to step up to help out to implement a system everyone wants to partake in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.