Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Ebay Clip-Ons

6K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  SPanega SS 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried Ebay clip-ons before? I was wondering if they would get the job done on the my 05 R1. I know that it would be more difficult to replace tubes on, but this is a street bike that doesn't see the track so I don't really expect to brake one (hope not..).

I was just wondering if anyone has tried them or knows anything about them and there quality?

Thanks!

-Michael

#14 · (Edited)
Woodcrafts are great very cheap money (not ebay cheap, but cheaper than most). The upside to Woodcraft is the 2 piece clamp design...you can put these on and take them off without taking off the upper tripple...

#21 ·
It won't look too much different...aftermarket are usually wider than stock, but same height and angle (unless you get riser clip ons)

#24 ·
Buddy of mine has them on his R6, look to be cheap quality. Don't know how they'll stand up. I'll put it this way... if it were my bike, wouldn't go on her. Spend the extra jack, get a proven set. I wouldn't wanna imagine a hard stop and a bar snapping or bending for that matter. Do it right the first time and forget it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.