Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#9,661 ·
NOPE!!!! You can put what ever you want in the idle map in an 09+ image and as soon as it clicks into the 121.6 column it settles down to 1200PRM no matter if you set it to idle at 2k...and it has a nasty habit of stalling...because the idle will hang at 900RPM:shake Basically the warm idle logic is broken...

#9,663 ·
Oh, and the version you sent me a few weeks back...has a different idle fail... The idle hangs at like 2500RPM...so that version is out for 09+ too....So far the 1.2.2.0 with the drop down box is the only version I have got to work with a ROCK solid warm idle...But it lacks the cold warm-up fast idle sequence...

#9,664 ·
Hey tad I flashed your previous 12+EU 5.3.15 map a few weeks ago and have fired up the bike while it's been on the stand but haven't ridden it and it idles fine, goes through the warm up idle then drops down to the regular idle, I've revved it on the stand and blipped the throttle as well without any problems, revving it high and low rpm's but it always settles down to 1200rpm, I need the weather to clear up so I can street test it but seems like it idles ok, this idle glitch your talking about is only noticeable when riding?

#9,665 ·
It fails under a series of quick blips to like 4 grand...and it will die...It does it on my bike and a few others...Also, try adjusting the idle settings, it will not change the warm idle...

#9,667 ·
No I can make it stall on the stand....I can make a video this coming weekend...

#9,670 ·
For the most part it idles fine...it only stalls under a specific condition....it will idle slow after most blips though...

:thumbup...

#9,671 ·
Hey guys! i have a question that needs to be answered.I have an 08 r1 and recently installed my ft interface hardness with 2.0.1.2 software on the bike and searching for more infomation on what the values mean in the ect-rpm idle box. Are the numbers refering to (% percentage tps or actuall rpm). Thanks!
R12008 full bazzaz system,FT interface hardness,stock slipons with race baffles,acrapovic y pipe.ect..

#9,672 ·
10x TPS values...so 15 means 1.5%TPS

#9,673 ·
Thanks Tad158.
Just to make sure i got it right, For example,a value of 15 (1.5 %tps) in colum 77ect at 1400rpm means that the idle will add 1.5%tps on the 1400rpm at 77ect or that my idle will maintain aprox 1500rpm at that spot?

Thanks again Tad for your time and knowledge on flashtune for i read alot of your answers towards other riders witch answered alot of mine as well....Just didn't quite understand this one.

#9,674 ·
ECT= engine coolant temperature
TPS= throttle position sensor
RPM= engine speed measured in revolutions per minute.

Again the values in the cells are 10x TPS value that you want for that RPM and ECT. If you use too much TPS value the idle will be unstable. Too little and it will idle lower than you want.

#9,676 ·
Tad, I'll try to give your latest map a run next weekend. It's funny, I told you about the 7-8 hesistation issues I had, so I flashed it back to the earlier version. Went to the track, let the bike sit over night and it had a hard time starting in the morning. Once it warmed up, no problems with start-up, idle, hesistation, stalling, etc. Bike ran fantastic and felt strong!

Thanks for all the work you put into these!

BTW..any news on the F-T auto blipper?

#9,677 · (Edited)
Well I have not seen the hesitation, but I do have an O2 sensor now.....So we will see if it shows up in the data...

I have found that the version I just posted fires up faster than the previous versions....I think because the idle logic is better...

As for the blipper....You are in SO-Cal...go bug them....and go bug them in person to fix the idle....:crash

#9,679 ·
I posted 5.3.15.5 the other day... 12+ EU use with caution...see post

#9,680 ·
#9,682 ·
? What do you mean? Updated the US 12+ image...

#9,687 ·
Yep, that's the idle issue...The idle map in 5.3.15 should make it idle higher than 1200....So the fact that it drops to 1200, means that it is ignoring the values in the map...

#9,690 · (Edited)
:no way would I recommend that...the fueling is pretty different...

The injector cut on decell should still be able to switch off, the AIS should remain on, as it helps burn off the fuel before it gets to the cat. The cat really does make a difference in terms of air flow...

#9,692 ·
Load a PCV over the top of it for the slipon's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.