Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashtune ECU Dyno Results

63K views 179 replies 49 participants last post by  marider 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a pic of the dyno results for thoese who may be interested.

bottom run is stock ecu with 3/4 yoshi and standard dynojet map
middle is flashtune ecu with zero map
top is flashtune ecu with custom tune.

next up is flashing interface.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice. How is the drive-ability? and how much did it cost?

#3 ·
i am looking for my ecu unleashed run files now...i sold that ecu becuase i liked haveing the flashing interface option that flashtune offers...

the runfiles from the ecu unleashed are back from July2011 so peak numbers are not going to mean anything...i'll post if i can get them.

just moved into new home and the desktop comp took a crap...

#4 ·
it was $150 bucks plus $300 for the interface that i havnt got yet. my tuner busted a nut when i told him about it, so hopeing for even more gains when that comes in.

this ecu rocks, only thing i would change from the standard settings that flashtune sent the ecu with is the engine breaking. i want even less. the ecu unleashed ECU had way less right out of the box, but like i said, with the interface i will be able to adjust that and a whole lot more.

my over all immpression of this ECU was one of anger!! its bullshit that there was this much hidden potential in the 2010 R1. it should have been more like this from the factory.

Flashtune has great customer service, and i highly recommend them to anyone else on the fence between this and ecu unleashed.

#5 ·
so between the two options of ecunleashed and flashtune you prefer what flashtune is offering for YOUR bike? is this just street bike or you do track also? this was exactly the info i was looking for. same person, both ecu's, honest feedback with dynos to back it up.

could you please give a full review?

#6 ·
my feet are freezing out here.... let me finsh up and i will give you a full comparison and review in about 45 min...its a street bike and everyday commuter with about 5-10 track days a year...now that i live in texas, i hope to have a lot more. will update in a bit optimoprime

#7 ·
Was the 150 for the flash? or for the software to flash any number you want? How does that work? If you spend the 450$ can you flash as many ECU's as you like from now on?

#9 ·
:thumbup

#10 · (Edited)
^^450 and you can reflash YOUR OWN BIKE as much as you want for upgrades down the line. but i dont even need all that the 150 for flashtune is what i wanted to spend but noone had enough evidence to back up that it was good buy untill now. that other 200 is the cost of a custome tune at reputable shop around here

is there any reason why you would NOT pick the flashtune? what about reasons to NOT pick ecunleashed. i just want to be sure that in trying to save a few bucks i dont miss some important aspect of tunablity

#12 · (Edited)
So here is my review.

I got the standard flash package from Flashtune. By this I mean I did not make any special request (fans, idel, ect..)

I expected the bike to start in A mode like the ECUunleashed, it does not. All modes on the flashtune ecu are full power. Effectively all modes are the same now. This disappointed me at first because the Standard mode on the stock bike worked as a very good Rain/Slick mode for me when the weather was shitty. This turned out to be no issue at all because the on/off transitions that mandated the use of Standard Mode in the stock bike are completely gone. For example one time I was standing on the pegs straitening out my pants on the stock ecu and my hand slipped off the throttle, this was at about 15mph in first gear. I almost ate shit right then and there the off throttle was so shocking. With the flashtune I tried the same thing and there was no issue at all. This was a big plus and really I could not tell any difference in the flashtune and ecu unleashed in this aspect.

The ecu unleashed had a higher race idel...the flashtune did not. the stock idel is unchanged with flashtune. I dont really no if thats a plus or not..maybe this summer i will be glad its stock. but peronally, i could not tell any difference after i left the red light as far as idel was concerned.

Engine breaking is very much reduced on the flashtune, but NOT to the extent the ecu unleashed was. I got spoiled in that regard and will def. adjust the engine breaking further down with the interface from flashtune.

As far as full power accerleration, here again I could not tell any difference in the two ECU’s. Keep in mind I sold the ecu unleashed about a month before I got my flashtune done so after a month of no riding I can say really nothing stood out in my mind as a big difference between the two. I really feel like they did the same thing. The only reason I went with flashtune was because of the software.

I cannot give any reasons to pick one over the other besides price. That’s it. And as a plus you can get the interface software with flashtune to make even more adjustments. Customer service was vastly superior with flashtune in that you were dealing with the people who made the stuff, not just a vendor. So I got a lot more questions answered by the flashtune staff, so that’s a plus as well.

For those more interested in the difference between stock ecu’s and the flashtune here are my impressions:

• No more severe on/off throttle transitions. It was hell making adjustments on corner entry/exit stock. Absolute hell. This was prolly worse by the fact that I refused to drive the bike in Standard mode. I was in A mode all the time unless it was raining.
• After flash tune you wont have any modes any longer. The drive mode as far as off the line starts feels something in-between the stock A mode and Standard mode as far as abruptness. But after you get it rolling it feels much stronger than A mode in stock ever did. It seems like they limit the throttle opening for the first 10% or so, then after that its way more connected to your right hand. It feels very linear like my old Honda did, or any bike for that matter that is not throttle by wire.
• What really put a smile on my face was in second gear, at about 7k rpm (about 60-70mph) you can just hammer it all the way down. Not snap closed then full open, no, just hammer it down and the front end lifts on you. ****ing amazing. Love it. Stock this never happened.
• From 7k to redline, the bike is unbelievably stronger, you have to experience it. The dyno shows about 10hp gain, it feels much much more than that. Everyone says this…….believe it, its not hype.

JAG.

And optimo, as was recently pointed out to me in another threat…I really sound un-smart via text…so if you want some more personal descriptions of what I found with the new ECU pm me your number and we can chat sometime.

#31 ·
What you said about the front coming up at 7,000 RPM in 2nd LMAO! I have the Jettune (and a -1 front sprocket)and This fall I was out on a straight stretch and rolled the throttle on in 3rd gear and when it hit 12,500 Rpm. I rolled it back off a little and then realized That the front was off the pavement about 8" when it landed It was like WTF! LMAO

#23 ·
Very interesting, wish there were more owners with current / long term feeback between these two flashes ... When brought up it always turns in to a pissing contest and info is always slighted. I want to free up some free HP/TQ and smooth out A mode, because it is very abrupt on/off! Just trying to determine which route is best. Already have a PCV

#24 ·
it sounds to me like if you ask for flashtune with increased engine breaking and street idle it is way better deal that way the extra 200 you would have spent on the ecunleashed can go towards a custom tune. thanks sirjag this thread just made my mind up for me

#27 ·
Wow I have to agree I was really on the fence about getting the ECUunleashed and now for that price I might(well most likely) be purchasing flashtune in the very near future

Great write up bud, very good information. Answered a lot of questions I didn't even know I had!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.