Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Need to locate Ignition coil wire

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  telerider 
#1 ·
Trying to install an alarm system which requires me to bypass the ignition coil wire through the alarm system. Does anybody know which wire i'm supose to cut, and where I would find it??
I have a 1998 R1. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
It says ignition coil. Has a diagram of a lead that you have to cut the goes to the coil (which wire i cut i have no idea), and you re-direct the this wire through the alarm system. I take it this would just be an imobilisor point, mabye i could just cut another wire, that might be easyier, to another part of the bike (like fuel pump)??

#8 ·
don't panic my friend. this is easy stuff. just get to the wires for the coil. with a vom meter with the key off unplug the harness to the coil and then test the wires for voltage. there should not be any. Thenturn the key on and test again. there should only be one with voltage. that is the line you probably have to cut. you can do the same logic to the fuel pump for that point instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.