Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#8,731 ·
Sure, just send it to me as an email attachment....I know it is the fueling is not perfect (but more than safe), which is why I need info from guys like you to make the map better. I just need the ycci run where it was set to, so I can make changes in those RPMs....

#8,732 ·
:jump They now have added support for direct F-T ECU image upload. Be sure to thank Admin.

#8,734 ·
:dundun:.....I said thank Admin....not me...:lol

The next version I will post directly.

#8,737 ·
Today I wasted next 2 hours fighting with that new FT cable, I used both new 2.0.0.11 and old 1.5.4.0 software (1.2.2 doesn't see the cable at all). Previously 2.0.0.11 worked fine, untill I tried to upload new map via old software and then my new interface stop working or so as it doesn't flash my 'test' ECU either with new software nor the old one (after plugging my paired ecu sometimes I see #50 fault code, or HI temp and bike won't start, then I unplug it, plug 'test' ECU, then temp is OK and bike runs so key/ign. to off, then I plug my oem ecu and it starts fine or harsh with no throttle response, you twist it, see bars and nothing but low idle). How do you flash your 2009-2011 r1 step-by-step? Did anyone manage to flash new Tad's map through the old software with disabled oem o2 sensor (TPS vs RPM option)? Does it have to be connected to WiFi (I don't have internet access in my garage). Anyone?

I don't have oem o2 sensor installed and I'm not going to weld any titanium bung in my Akra y-pipe, not a chance. I'm getting tired of that F-T sh*t, maybe it's time to sell r1 and move to another bike without such stupid problems...

Attachments

#8,739 ·
It was enough to just pick up the map and then just click "Full flash" and that's it, after 4.30 min it was flashed, it worked every time (maybe 20 times or so untill I tried to flash new map with new cable and old software to use TPS vs RPM). It's 1.20 am here, at 8am I'm going to last track day this season and wanted to upload Tad's new map with disabled oem o2 sensor so I could trim fuel map with Bazzaz.. As you see, it's not possible as F-T I think on purpose disabled that option and it's not available anymore.

#8,740 ·
Marider.....I wish I could help, but I don't have the new interface. Wish I did, so I could know how it worked....In principal, the 1.5.4.3 software should work with it, the instructions are just different than what are displayed. I know some users have used that combo.

#8,743 ·
@Tad, Hey man, my dyno guy had a personal issue come up and had to reschedule me for next week. But I'm also getting my valves checked and make sure everything is to spec before I go back to him, really want this image to be TITS!!

@Allmembers
Thank you all to the ones who helped kicked in a few bucks!! We raised 100$$ and thats just what the last dyno day will cost!! So kick back n relax and Tad and I will have a very awesome map to give back to you!

#8,745 · (Edited)
09 Bobby, you're lucky man.. My tuned R1 sucks, even gsxr 750 l2 was better than reflashed r1 on 1/4 mile..

#8,748 · (Edited)
Hmmm, something is wrong with the new cable or I fvcked up something trying to flash ecu with new cable and old software (probably by plugging and unplugging ecu with key ON as it was told in pop-up window during procedure!!!). Yesterday morning I had problems with cold startup on my 09 ECU with TAD's 4.3.2 (I played only with my 'test' 2011 eu ecu, I didn't touch 09 ecu)- weak idle and no throttle response, sometimes HI temp and no start. Then I put 2011 'test' ecu ( last time flashed 91+ US image when my new cable was working) and did like 110 miles to a track, then key off and on and voila - #50 fault code again, no start. Switched ecu to 09 and no start either. Today at track it started somehow on 09 ecu so I did few laps and Bazzaz fuel trims, then I switched it off and when I was about to go home on wheels, "surprise" again - no start or no throttle or HI temp and code 50, replaced 'test' ecu didn't help this time. Good that my buddy had bike trailer so he towed my r1 home.

Any ideas how to fix that sh.t?

#8,752 ·
does any body have this problem, ive had it for a year just didnt really care but ill ask, after i flashed and let the bike run when im about to ride if it sits long enough the check engine light comes on then shuts off when i start riding..

#8,754 · (Edited)
:lol....:lol....Read your user manual, that is a feature to shut the bike off if you forget it running. A bone stock bike will and should do the same thing.
Tad thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. Id send u another PM but your box is full again!! Haha

Will I be good changing the 5.3.0 file to default A mode, setting the fan turn on/off temps, and the redline to 13750.... or will that cause any other issues?
The red line is already set to 13750. Default to A and fan temps should be fine.

Remember that A mode is the aggressive A mode.

#8,756 ·
Because a number of people have asked me that question....all of which have never read their manual....that is all....

#8,757 ·
mine didnt come with a manual, :dunno screwed for life

#8,759 ·
Already answer the question boss....Just SOP....Also, I can work on that hybrid for you this week, thank the shutdown...:shake

Drag, you can download both the service and user manual in PDF.....Just search on the forum.....There is a whole thread with all the generations posted.

#8,760 ·
yea ive got one pdf, just wanted to laugh, .... with you

#8,762 · (Edited)
:hammer:....You like?

I ran one full day with 5.3.0 in the bike, then the next day switched to 5.3.3.....Way better part throttle, no more 6-7k hole. I was lifting the front on corner exit coming out of 5 at NJMP in second gear with the bike partly leaned over...:rock

I also had a CR say to me, "you are so smooth when you get on the throttle, you look like you are not even trying".....I was :jump in my head when he said that:fact...The next session I got bumped to I....

#8,765 ·
It's fixed now. I envy you, I cannot even load and try 5.3.0 now :/

#8,771 ·
Oh....ok...two seprate issues. If you use the V2 software, you cannot disable the OEM O2 sensor, so if you pulled that, then you will get an error message.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.