Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Panama City area riders

7K views 76 replies 5 participants last post by  graphitegripper 
#1 ·
Going to be moving to Panama City in Nov some time and just looking to find out what the sport bike scene is like there? I know the cruisers are always there.

Let me know.

#63 ·
Bahhhh sorry I'm retarded with acronyms, if you come from 81 on the road by red bay grocery, first left after it if going north on 81, turn left onto 331 go south about 1/4 mile and there is a right hand turn lane turn there and run it! Nice straight road with 3-4 nice sweepers and plenty of stopping distance. Then go right out the radar site, 4 or so more nice sweepers

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#64 ·
Well guys, found a place and getting my house hold goods delivered tomorrow, including my bike. Spent some monies on it tonight as well, some new Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 Tires, some Engine Ice, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs, and a Shorai battery. I have to get some oil and filter and clean the K&N air filter and it'll be back on the road again. Well I have to check the brake fluid as well. But I expect it to be back on the road before Thanksgiving.

#67 ·
Well here's your pics, broken down for oil/filter, plugs, engine ice, new tires, and new battery.

#69 ·
Let me know what you need and I might know a guy if I can't help you out with it. Do you do any work on it yourself?

I got tires done today, oil/filter, plugs (PITA), and filler her up with some engine ice. Waiting on a new battery and then I'm riding.

#71 ·
To each their own, it's like yoga for me to work on my car or bikes. It's time to reflect and wonder why you even got the thing in the first place or why you even started to do this little mod. LOL

If you want to start and save yourself some money, let me know. Oil changes and stuff like that are simple and can save you a tank of gas or more from taking it to the dealer.

#73 ·
Yeah I'm at Tyndall, let me know I'm down to help and teach any time man.

#75 ·
Let me know, I have stands and all the tools if you want to just come over and I'll show you the first time, then you can take it from there. But be prepared, don't know what oil you have been using. But the mobil 4T is now $11 a quart, and you need 3.3 of them, so $44 if you use that.

#77 · (Edited)
Organizing some Panama City guys to come out for a spirited Sunday ride. Pm me for details and meeting place. Usually an all day event. About 150 miles round trip. Full riding gear required, helmet, jacket, above ankle boots, gloves, long pants, leathers etc. details will no be posted on here. If not wearing full gear you will be asked to leave.
Thanks in advance and hope to meet and see ya'll out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.