Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

RUBBER ShRAPNEL

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DragMyR1 
#1 ·
so this is just a general question of ease...How do you guys get your rubber shrapnel off of your tail, swingarm and spring? And im talking about from burning out before your track run? I'm not stupid, but every one has there tricks of the trade...

#2 ·
WD-40 I spray it on before the track and after. It will help to remove all of the crap. And a spray washer workday great as well.

Sent from my Droid using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
Green

Simple green does the trick for me. Helps clean the tail light from exhaust as well.

#4 ·
Done wd trick. It works. Also sprayed honda polish on it before track, leave it n not wipe off. Rehit it after pretty heavy, let it soak 10 mins and wipes right off. Ive even used vaseline n few of cracks n crevices to keep crap out n wipe off. Lil goes long way

#5 ·
THE Vaseline is actually pretty smart!! that ultra soft sure does leave a lot of rubber.

#8 ·
i thought you were being a smart ass..lol...pan spray?? i keep that on the eggs!!!

#10 ·
i was afraid to use brake dust cleaner like i use on every thing else....but i think im just going to get a fender from evil swingarms...it covers the tire perfect for no shrapnel, i think they look stupid, but they are easily removable for street riding and they keep the bike rubber-free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.