Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Recommend me some rear sets..

4K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  2WEELFERRUM04 
#1 ·
I have never ridden with anything other than stock rearsets, so I am used to their position, and feel. I basically just want to replace them with something better looking, yet maintain the factory position. Do all rearsets change this? What would be a good brand, that has quite a adjustability?

#4 ·
Driven Rearsets will be the highest end with the most adjustability, two types of footpegs to pick from, color options, but on the downside they are spendy.

Vortex rearsets will be your best valued rearsets as they are adjustable and work well. They get the job done at a good price.

Both are made in the USA so replacement parts are very easy to come by.

#10 ·

gilles is the best as far as looks goes IMHO and i keep mine in stock position

#18 ·
I like and have used quite a few of the brands listed so far. I only advise that IMO Vortex is the worst I have used. Ive used 3 sets of Vortex when racing.. all junk. Like mentioned earlier Driven are some of my favs but pricey.

Motomummy has some wicked sales on several brands right now...

#22 ·
The slightest tip... destroyed a side.. replacement of 1 side... mise well buy another pair. Ive had huge highspeed low sides on cheaper rearsets that asked for more.. I just think in this case... money is better spent on a better quality product. (in some cases cheaper)

#23 ·
If you have to replace a side it's nearly always better to buy a new set. This goes for all brands. Replacement parts always cost more then you would think. Try and price out a bike in the parts dept at a dealer and you'll have a 100k bike.

If you want something to withstand a crash it's Driven Racing hands down. They are solid as hell :fact They do weigh a tad more then others, but they are built to last.

#26 ·
I'm also gonna vote for the Sato Rearsets! Had them on my 01 and just bought a set for my 12, Thanks MotoMummy! These things are lovely.
Mike

Attachments

#29 ·
gilles vcr for me..

#36 ·
I've only had experience with the Gilles (R1) and Vortex (R6). Strong points to me are:

• Gilles - very good fit and finish. Precision detailing and tooling. I really enjoyed the knurling on the pegs from the aesthetic and boot survivability standpoint.
  • Vortex - industrial strength. The knurling on the pegs is nearly savage and will put holes in your boots (but my feet have NEVER slipped out of place). Massive availability at the tracks as almost everyone carries them and many parts (pegs, hardware etc) are about universal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.