Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

VFX Integrator Kit

1K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Dwhoelse 
#1 ·
#4 ·
this will be my next buy for the winter

#8 ·
It looks good but, I think I like the UFO one better. They seem to have more options you can program in. This one may be brighter though. My wife thinks both of them are too ghetto:epimp

#10 ·
Yeah, I was just comparing the quicktimes of the two and they really don't show the UFO all together like it will be on the bike. I couldn't tell if they had the running lights on during the turn signal and brake light movies. It didn'tlook like it to me.:dunno

#13 ·
That is a sweet system. I just spoke with them and found out how it works. Most kits are "analog", but the VFX kit is based on a digital system. You just simply plug and play, and use your rear bake pedal to select the functions you want.

That is how they were able to get the amber lights to blink for making a turn and having the reds off on that side all the time while the blinker is going. One thing I do not like about the other kits is the blinker alternates between red/amber while it is flashing. I perfer the side blinking to just blink amber (with NO red at all while blinking) and the other half to be soild red for the brake.

I know it is more expensive but is IMO worth the money.

Besides I like the BLUE running lights :rock

#14 ·
Pokey said:
That is a sweet system. I just spoke with them and found out how it works. Most kits are "analog", but the VFX kit is based on a digital system. You just simply plug and play, and use your rear bake pedal to select the functions you want.

That is how they were able to get the amber lights to blink for making a turn and having the reds off on that side all the time while the blinker is going. One thing I do not like about the other kits is the blinker alternates between red/amber while it is flashing. I perfer the side blinking to just blink amber (with NO red at all while blinking) and the other half to be soild red for the brake.

I know it is more expensive but is IMO worth the money.

Besides I like the BLUE running lights :rock
:iamwithst
now I just need to some up with the :dollar

#17 ·
I wish I had the money :cryin :cryin :cryin

#19 ·
I have the VFX kit on my "03 R1. I love it, and so doe eveyone else that sees it. I park the bike, turn it on, and walk away to watch the crowd gather. It's not too hard to install, they give you deatiled instructions with color photos. They even give you the cement and dremel wheel for the do-it-yourself kit. Definately worth the money. Just hit the hand or foot brake 3 times to change the patterns.AWESOME!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.