Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Redline swivel stands??

6K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  treimche 
#1 ·
See less See more
#14 ·
I have the regular Redline stands also. Been using them for 8 years with no problems. I've seen the roller ones he sells in person and they work great. Just don't roll it on a rough surface or it may stop and you'll push the bike over. Work best on a nice smooth concrete floor.

#16 ·
I use two Jack Stands and some blocks... :lol

#23 ·
They are not Pit Bulls, but Ian does make a good stand. I've known him since '04 and have ridden with him. He's got good customer service. I've owned a set of his older stands for years with no problems.

#25 ·
I used to have the original version of the Redline stands. Couple of things to note:

Rearstand: The "V" does well overall for bent rod. But, be careful. They seemed to have more of a tendency to gouge into the swingarm more than my Pitbull stands do.

Front: I didn't care for the lift pins on the arms. The pushed into the pinch bolts and I wound up putting a couple of washers on them. It was bad enough that when I wanted to pull the front wheel, I had to remove the pinch bolts before I lifted it.

Overall, they were a decent set of stands for the money. IIRC, I think Ian did send these out for mass production instead of building them himself now. I seem to recall a post of his about it. :dunno

I personally am of the mindset that I'd rather have the Pitbulls. The rearstand for both spooled and non-spooled swingarms. The front stand is center pin for lifting at the tree so I can remove the suspension if I need to. Otherwise, front hangs freely. The rear hangs freely as it's supported via rearsets on race stands.

#39 ·
after looking at your pictures devil, why not just go all out? laminate really doesn't cost that much, i actually did my bike room with an interior kitchen laminate for about 50 bucks plus the glue which i already had on hand from past jobs. (small ass room keep in mind) the taping and painting, well we all know that's dirt cheep, just a time thing. if i was around you i'd offer to do it for free for you (minus a beer or 15) :lol

#44 ·
I've had a set of these for about 3 years now and absolutely love them. They are really easy to stand the bike up on and in my case where I have a small 1-car garage with a bike, ATV, a car, tool box, bench, etc. it used to be impossible to walk around through there. Now with the bike stood up I can cover it and tuck it away with ease giving me much more room. They roll around super easy and the wheel locks do indeed work like they should. What really helps is being able to just spin the bike any direction in a matter of feet rather than backing out, turning, pulling up, turning, you get the idea. I'd highly recommend them...

Sent from my Xoom using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.