Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Deecarp's 08 R1

46K views 150 replies 44 participants last post by  KoPan 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been riding bikes for years and almost stopped riding, after having a serious accident. My first R1 was a 98 white and red, a freaking monster of a machine that I almost killed my self on...my last bike was a gsxr 750, that I rhode the hell out of, then sold and regretted. I thought I'd never get another bike after that. Until I came across a deal I just couldn't pass up...then after riding around and seeing R1 after R1, and seeing that we all looked alike. I decide, I had to make some changes and still working on her every chance I get.

So, here is my current sled...still a work in progress. I know she may not be the botm to many but she will always be to me...so any in case I'd like to share some pic with everybody.

My list of Mods

See less See more
#82 ·
Deecarp your garage looks amazing from the last time I came over to buy those parts to fix my bike from you. Im extremely jealous lol. Thanks again for the parts its fun being back on the saddle buddy.

#91 ·
I finally got around to finishing the track plastic, or at least painting the upper fairing and re-clearing the tail section. Hopefully I'll get around to redoing the belly pan and redo the decals on that too.

The tail I just recleared

A process that will take time, decalling the upper fairing and tail section.

A bit more to come. The plan is to decal the sides to look more like the oem panels lets hope any way.

#94 · (Edited)
Well I have way to many wheel sets laying around and since I've decided to commute to work on the bike twice a week. I've pulled off the superorsa's ( blk oem, and gold carrozeria's) and installed my Q2's on the extra set of wheel laying around I originally had for sale.... I just have way to much extra stuff

#98 ·
Looking good brutha. I love how your bike is constantly evolving and your look keeps changing. Your garage looks like it's to die for as well. I had to check to see if there was any way you could enter in BOTM again but since you just won in 2012 you'll have to wait another year to enter again. In my mind it looks like a completely different bike from a year and a half ago. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your next iteration of mods.
Chris

#99 ·
Thanks Chris, such a great compliment coming from you. This motorcycling hobby has become an obsession that seems to never stop. I mean it goes from mods, to track days, to garage layouts. There are so many great builds on the forum especially your beauty. It just keeps that passion going. I'm now looking for front brakes. And easy mod that cost. I will pull the trigger at some point. We will see what happens in the future. Thanks again for compliment. I'm looking forward to bike rebuild, always amazing. Keep it coming please.

Darryl

#104 ·
Lucky bastid Darryl. One day I'm going to have to make my way out there for this event. Dustin said he didn't have any issues with sound so limits so maybe I should just say wtf and give it a shot. It would be a long way to drive and get sent packing though. Looks like you had a blast. :thumbup

#109 · (Edited)
Here is my updated list. Pictures are coming soon!

Modification list:
Deecarp1's 2008 Yamaha YZF-R1

Color: Blue / White / Black / Gold

Accessories
Agras Clutch Slider
Agras Stator Slider
Captive Wheel Spacers (F&R for OEM Wheels)
Carrozzeria Rear GP Brake Bracket
Competition Werks Fender Eliminator
Evotech Triple Clamp Nut
Evotech Gas Cap
Graves Rear Brake Return Spring
Graves Shift Knuckle
Gilles Rear Axle Nut
Integrated Tail Lamp/Turn signals
Lightech Chain Adjusters
Lightech Lifters
Precision Preload Adjusters
Probolt Brake Caliper Bolts Frt/Rear
Probolt Clutch Adjuster Knob (Black)
Probolt D-Ring Fastners (Black)
Probolt Fork Pinch Bolts (Blue)
Protons Front Turn Signals
Rizoma Axle Sliders Front
Rizoma Axle Sliders Rear
Rizoma Bar ends (Blk)
Rizoma Brake Reservoir Front (Gold)
Rizoma Brake Reservoir Front Bracket
Rizoma Brake Reservoirs Rear (Gold)
Rizoma Grips (Black)
Rizoma Mirrors (Black)
Rizoma Oil Fill Cap (Gold)
Rizoma Rear Spool (Gold)
Solo Seat-cowl
Stomp Grip Tank Pads (Black)
Vortex Mirror Block-off (Track Fairing)

Body Work
Carbon Fiber Air Duct Panels (Crown)
Carbon Fiber Belly Pan (Crown)
Carbon Fiber Control Panels (Crown)
Carbon Fiber Triple Clamp (Geelong)
Carbon Fiber Tank Protector (Geelong)
Carbon Fiber Wind Screen (Magical Racing)
Carbon Fiber Under Cowl (Magical Racing)
Carbon Rear Hugger SBK
DrippinWet Custom Number Plate/Decal
(on Race Body Work and OEM Fairings)
Graves Decals
Yamaha Factory Decals

Suspension
Carrozzeria Wheels (Gold)
OEM Wheels (Black)
OEM Wheels (Black/White)
Ohlins Streering Damper
Ohlins TTX36 Rear Shock
Ohlins FGRT 801 Forks
Pirelli Supercorsa SC 1/2 & SP

Engines & Electronics
ECU (Spare Reflashed ecu by SBKU)
Custom Map JT&S Performance Tunning
Graves Carbon Fiber Full SS Exhaust System
Graves Smog Block-offs
K&N Air Filter
PCV
PC Quick Shifter
PZ Racing Gear indicator
Shorai Battery
Speed Healer

Brakes & Controls
Brembo Brake Adjuster
Brembo Front 108 mm Caliper/Bracket
Brembo Rear HP Caliper
Brembo RCS-19 Master Cylinder
Brembo Short Brake Lever
Brembo Short Clutch Lever
Brembo T-Drive Rotors
Brembo Rear Replacement Rotor
Driven Rearsets
Gaphler Steel Braided Lines Front
Gaphler Custom Rear SS Braided Line
EBC HH brake pads Rear
R6 Euro switch Conversion Haz/Pass
Vesrah Brake Pads Front
Vortex Brake Switch Rear

#112 ·
Beautiful R1. Makes mine look like a tricycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.