Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Ben's 01 R1 Voyager

63K views 413 replies 58 participants last post by  Knackers 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello and thank you for looking into my thread.

Purchase this bike new back in 2001 and this is my story.

Has you can see i don't have photos of it bone stock, and the direction that i was going was not a good one at all! But luckily i found this site to guide me to the right direction. Were are real MotoGP rider would be proud of :thumbup:

See less See more
#304 ·
#314 · (Edited)
Working on my trans logic dash. Have a few leads, but I’m think if it’s possible to find a female connector to my OEM dash harness??

This way it application would be much cleaner and simple if I wanted to go back to OEM style “doubt it”.

I have a pretty good idea what wires need to be tapped into and which ones should be left intact

But if some one can break down what each wire does. It would be great!

I had to install the dash, just to fit it. “Looks epic”. But I’m getting the SES nose bracket to save a few pounds.

I decided to go get a used headlight harness from eBay. And use it as a racing harness. Cut off everything I didn’t need it.

I also will be using the oil connector and the plug cover.

Next is to solder the translogic dash harness to the OEM harness that I made it into a race harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DarkHorse
#316 ·
Let me know how this goes... love the look of the Trans Logic Dash, but the purpose? ... not sure if it is worth the effort for me on my carbed non-EFI bike, unless one intends to wire in much more such as modding the internal ECU circuitry or installing a lap timer or Lambda sensor (suppose you could install a datalogger)?

Sorry I have not read your entire thread so maybe you said this somewhere earlier...

#317 ·
To be completely honest with you my bike is not that kind of bike. I never go to the track or ride on the streets here in MA. Lost interest! potholes, dirty ppl, rain etc...Its better left on the dinning room as a ornament :no

I love to update her with new better performance parts. This bike stock is a sore eye imho!

I dont have a data logger and anything of that nature. All i have is this dash, because i was tired of looking at the OEM piece of garbage looking cluster. I been putting this project off for YEARS, cuz i have no idea how to plug this in. But i decided that the time as come! wish me luck!:78:

If my some miracle i get this to work, i will document everything here so anyone can install this dash into the 00-01 R1 5JJ models.

#324 ·
I will make a perfect explanation how to go about installing one of these on this bike model “5JJ” I just Finnish the wiring. Need to turn the bike and check if everything is working correctly.

#319 · (Edited)
front nose fairing stay in aluminum by SES in UK. This thing is super light weight. [emoji3]

Installed.
It’s not a perfect fit like OEM. The mounting point where it meets the bike needed to be widen a tab. Other then that, it’s a solid product. The small aluminum blocks are fork stoppers. I use to complain with the stock yoke not giving me enough turn. This one FORGET IT!!! You just CANT turn period. :lol

#320 ·
That's one of, if not the sweetest, 01 R1 I've seen to date. As far as the mirrors go, I put a rear view cam on my 06. The lense is mounted in the spot above the license plate on the fender eliminator and the screen is installed in the open stem nut of the top triple tree. It comes with a very well made bracket that holds the screen an gives your back view very good visual ability (wide angle), nice clean look.

#322 ·
Link??

#327 · (Edited)
C'mon man...!
i really hate you right now! :lol

It came with the fairing stay bracket. It actually weights more then the bracket itself...No joke! I have the TI bolts for it, but the holes didn't lined up correctly, so i used their bolts so i can force it to fit and open the bracket mating portion to the bike's frame. Something tells me that i'm going to be creative when it comes to install the CF fairing nose with this fairing stay bracket. :eek5:

Reactions: Knackers
#331 ·
99 fuel tank inlet covers installed. With Corbin seat. “Thx Marsh”

#333 ·
Pit-bull stands and tire warmers

#334 ·
Absolutely stunning bike and build.

Reactions: Benocehcap
#335 ·
thank you Sir! :hellobye

#338 ·
:lol

#339 ·
Test fitting the Gilles yokes. And cleaning up some grease/dust.

#341 ·
Yes!
I took it from ur build...When i saw yours i knew that i had to hunt one down for mine, no one comes even close the the machinist that these yokes have. Love how the bottom yoke clamps to the forks :kiss: Brilliant!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.