Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#8,601 · (Edited)
Yo fellas. :)
Flashed my friends 12 R1 with the 5.3.0 EU map, and he took it out for a 3 hour spin.
He was very pleased with how smooth everything was compared to stock, but however he was dissapointed with the top speed. He "only" got to an indicated 282km/h.
We flashed the bike with 94% speedometer correction. He got stock gearing.
Other spec is akrapovic slipons / y pipe and k&n filter...

I may also add that we only use 98 octane fuel here.

Ideas about the "dissapointing" top speed ?

#8,602 ·
Did he expect to see 296?....if yes dies he realize that the dash lied before?...and 296 is six percent more than what he had indicated post flash?

#8,604 · (Edited)
:dunno....At one point when the correction first came out, it had a ceiling of 151MPH....which got promptly fixed. I am not sure that anyone has had a GPS verification of anything higher than that......I have tested it to about 165MPH(265KPH) or so on the track with my GPS logger running and me looking down in awe....even though I am not supposed to....

#8,606 ·
:thumbup

#8,609 ·
Try again Boss. I will send it tomorrow night.

#8,611 ·
Email sent.

#8,614 ·
One step a head of you.....

What gear do you dyno the r1 in? For cars its the 1 to 1 gear I suppose its the same for bikes? If so idk what gear is the 1 to 1.
I usually think it is 4th right? On our bikes all of them are taller than 1:1....
Gear Ratio - 1st Gear 38/15 (2.533)
Gear Ratio - 2nd Gear 33/16 (2.063)
Gear Ratio - 3rd Gear 37/21 (1.762)
Gear Ratio - 4th Gear 35/23 (1.522)
Gear Ratio - 5th Gear 30/22 (1.364)
Gear Ratio - 6th Gear 33/26 (1.269)

#8,616 ·
:confused:.....it should just change the speed that the drum reaches.....as the power is a calculation is based on the rate of change of the angular momentum of the drum?

#8,617 ·
Maybe? Lol all I know is I did a dyno in 4th and 5th and the curve was higher in 5th becuase the gear was 1.000 or closer to 1.000. On a car of course. Havent dyno bike yet. I know gearing has to do with the accuracy of the reading somehow. Ill try to do more research tho.

#8,618 ·
:dunno maybe it is 5th....The same arguemnt is used for final drive ratio....as in if you change gearing the bike will make the same HP modulo the reduction in rotional weight if you went to smaller gears like the -2/-3 setup 2.93 stock vs 3

#8,619 · (Edited)
:dunnoI idk Most people say that final drive doesnt chnge your hp readings only gearing in the transmission does. on a bike that theory would be the same if you were to say that a sprocket would be equivalent to the final drive on a car as it is a fixed gear as well.if you were to change the sprocket it would only effect the rate of rotation? Like top speed or better response. I think only the transmission effects hp output? Someone correct me if im wrong. Becuase the 1:1 gear is giving you 100% of the power in that gear that the engine puts out minus drivetrain loss? And when you get further away from 1 the curve gets lower. :nopity:
It could be 4th. If you find out lemme know lol

#8,620 ·
I asked, but could it be that there is more gears/synchros spinning in lower gears, thus the trans is less efficient? or could it be that the drum spins slower in a higher gear and the slower drum combined with the fact that it accelerates to that slower speed in a shorter amount of time that the dyno cannot read it properly?

#8,621 ·
Bikes are always dyno'ed in 4th, but SportRider I believe it was, tried 3rd gear as a test and got slightly higher readings. A lighter rear tire (worn) was also tested and gave a few hp as well. Is the new map available yet for a '12 ?

#8,623 ·
Pm me I can send you the newest image to test if you are going to run it on the dyno and send me the afr charts.

#8,624 ·
New guy

Hi guys,

Just a really quick question. I havent been able to get an answer from the FT guys.

I have an 07 R1 and have just bought and installed the harness. I want to copy over onto my stock ECU the de-restricted throttle maps. Can I just copy and paste these from the 91+ map into the Stock ECU map?
I was also going to change the fan kick in temps. Thats all for now, as the bike has a PCV and is tuned.
I believe the Stock ECU map keeps the rest of the settings such as limiters and stack openings all at OEM values. Is this correct? Will not having an 02 sensor connected matter to the throttle maps?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just at the track tomorrow and want to Flash the bike with new throttle map.

P.S: Software version 2.0.0.11

Cheers!

#8,625 ·
Hi guys,

Just a really quick question. I havent been able to get an answer from the FT guys.

I have an 07 R1 and have just bought and installed the harness. I want to copy over onto my stock ECU the de-restricted throttle maps. Can I just copy and paste these from the 91+ map into the Stock ECU map?
I was also going to change the fan kick in temps. Thats all for now, as the bike has a PCV and is tuned.
I believe the Stock ECU map keeps the rest of the settings such as limiters and stack openings all at OEM values. Is this correct? Will not having an 02 sensor connected matter to the throttle maps?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just at the track tomorrow and want to Flash the bike with new throttle map.

P.S: Software version 2.0.0.11

Cheers!
Why not just use the 91+ map? It has the same fueling as the stock ECU image so it won't throw off your map any worse then you just copying over the unrestricted throttle tables??!

Unrestricting the throttle tables will throw off your tune in all of the areas where it was restricted.

Has your O2 sensor been connected all this time and you're just going to remove it when you flash the ECU? If so your cruise tune will be off (under 30% throttle under 7000rpm). If your O2 sensor has been disconnected for a while (i.e. when you got your PCV tuned) then there won't be any problem switching to the flash.

-Jamie M.

#8,626 · (Edited)
Except for the fact that the new version will not disable the OEM O2 sensor.....:dunno if it is different than what happens with the 09+...Otherwise :iamwithst

#8,629 ·
Why do you say that? How did you test the AIS?

#8,633 ·
Interesting....on both accounts!:thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.