Motorcycle Shops in Tokyo, Japan? : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 05:05 AM   #1
Big-Nipper
I eat my R1
 
Big-Nipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Bikes: 2004 R1
Location: Southern California
Posts: 421
Motorcycle Shops in Tokyo, Japan?

Anyone know of any good shops to buy helmets out here in Tokyo? Im staying at the Keiko Plaza hotel. Hows the pricing of Arais and OGKs. Sorry about the puncuation I cant find the apostrophe key lol.
__________________
07' Ducati 1098, Yellow (May 07' Delivery)

SOLD:FLAT BLACK 04' R1 w/ Gold Wheels (163.7 WHP on Dynojet)

Mods: Custom Mapped, Full Arata Titanium, 16T Sprocket, Galfer Stainless Lines, Ohlins Steering Damper, Gregg's Flushies, PC3, BMC Air Filter, Graves Velocity Stack, All Intuitive Sliders & Spools, PUIG Double Bubble, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator
Big-Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-29-2005, 05:39 AM   #2
Vai R1
My R1 eats my bank account
 
Vai R1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Bikes: 00` red R1
Location: BOUNDRY RD, Melbourne
Posts: 704
Damn...lucky basterd... Wish I was in tokyo....
How are the ladies there?
__________________
Dont check this site......
http://www.thenoel.org/asianprince/
I told you so.... Haha

Used to have a.......
Mods -- Tint DB screen,C/F Akrapovic race system, Ohlins steering Damper, Oggy knobs, Red HEL Braided lines(front and rear), BMC race air filter, PIAA H4 super whites, Earache Barends, Ivans Jet kit, DigiTool gear indicator, Solo seat cowl, Carbon fibre Akrapovic Exhuast hanger, Yamaha tunning fork tank decals, ProGrips, Arrow indicators with spacers, 59mm FactoryPro Velocity stacks, Carbon fibre gas cap protector, Carbon fibre tank protector, Carbon fibre yoke protector, red anodised tire valves, Mesh fairings, Carbon fibre hear hugger, Custom undertail, Sharp racing spools (gold), Ohlins rear shock (46PRXLS), Carbon Lorraine SB3 pads, Flo-commander (pilots), Flo-commander (mains), Volter moto preload adjusters, Red pinstripe rims, Carbon fibre Clutch&Static protectors, I-shift revlight/shift indicator.... Its the last mod I'm doing!! I promise...... for now
Vai R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:51 AM   #3
woollyman
Sideways is the way
 
woollyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Bikes: '04 R1, Turbo Altezza
Location: Yokohama Japan
Posts: 11
Hey man, hit SHIFT 7 for the apostrophe!
Do you mean Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku? If so, or anyway, probably your best bet is to go up to Ueno. It's only about 20mins from Shinjuku on the Yamanote line (the one that goes around Tokyo in a circle). You'll find "biketown."
" Listed on maps as "Bike Town," the area between JR Ueno station and adjacent Showa Dori has dozens of dealers, repair shops and accessory stores all devoted to motorcycling. Big chains like Corin boast several stand-alone buildings that stock everything from the tiniest Honda scooters to the biggest Harleys. Corin's accessories emporium fronts the main drag, a one-stop shop spread over seven floors where enthusiasts can pick up painted helmets, saddlebags, and just about anything else to make their ride complete."

Bike Town is located in Ueno 7-chome, near the Iriya exit (JR line) or exit 2 (Hibiya and Ginza lines) of Ueno station.

Another possibility is a big shop called Naps. It's in Setagaya Ward near Shinjuku, but on foot it could be a hike. If you print out this map the hotel staff should be able to tell you if it's possible to walk there.
http://www.naps-jp.com/html/setagaya_map.html
http://www.naps-jp.com/html/setagaya.html

Do you know about the Tokyo Motorcycle Show??!! It's on this weekend!
http://motorcycleshow.org/ at Tokyo Big Site http://www.bigsight.jp/english/

Make sure you try out the helmets carefully. Honestly, Japanese heads are a little more oblong than westerners so you may find pressure on the front and back of your skull. Also most sizes max out at 62cm - 25". Prices seem cheaper though, I got my Shoei Daijiro X-11 for about $470 USD.

Hope you're having a great time in Tokyo! How long are you staying?
woollyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:59 AM   #4
Daekwan
WERA/CCS #217
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Bikes: '05 R1 (street), '04 R1 (track), '03 R6 & '02 R1 (sold)
Location: BROOKLYN
Posts: 5,983
Why cant I be in Toyko, have fun Nipper..

Way to help out Wolly!
__________________


Q: Boring?
Mladin: Yeah, absolutely, 100% These guys have to step it up...
DiSalvo: If I was bored doing the job that I was doing, I'd find a new job...
Daekwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:50 AM   #5
racerb0y
Know The Toe
 
racerb0y's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Bikes: Race prepped 07 R1s & CR450F, 2009 Vmax
Location: Va Bch Va
Posts: 250
Narita district is knee deep in bike stuff, in fact, various bldgs cater to specific items sold, you want helmets?? one shop has them all, leathers? same, bike repair? ****!! repair galore oh-my!!! I'm surprised your having problems in finding something.
Hell, they even have a shop which sells rear sets only.. one shop has nothing but Vmax stuff, now since Rossi has famed Yamaha, there is a shop going up just for his stuff,
racerb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:02 AM   #6
sedoriku
Globe trotter for ever
 
sedoriku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Bikes: R1 2002 (sold) 87 XT600 (the granny)
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 457
I lived in Tokyo for a while and yes, go to Ueno, there is a complete street full of motorcycle accessories. Take the subway to Ueno and then find the good exit (good luck...lol), but the streets you are looking for is the one just under the shuto (suspended freeway), so just follow the freeway. It is also parallel to the train line (JR). You can ask around for "biku shop" if you are lost. But I think Woolyman gave you a pretty good indication. Enjoy in Tokyo man, I miss Tokyo so much, I love this city (and the japanese girls;-)
__________________
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
sedoriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:19 AM   #7
Big-Nipper
I eat my R1
 
Big-Nipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Bikes: 2004 R1
Location: Southern California
Posts: 421
Thanks guys tomorrow I am off to biketown. Should be lots of fun!! Can't wait to hit the night clubs tonight....tokyo's gonna see a monster tonight lol.
__________________
07' Ducati 1098, Yellow (May 07' Delivery)

SOLD:FLAT BLACK 04' R1 w/ Gold Wheels (163.7 WHP on Dynojet)

Mods: Custom Mapped, Full Arata Titanium, 16T Sprocket, Galfer Stainless Lines, Ohlins Steering Damper, Gregg's Flushies, PC3, BMC Air Filter, Graves Velocity Stack, All Intuitive Sliders & Spools, PUIG Double Bubble, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator
Big-Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:49 AM   #8
terrasmak
ccs#191
 
terrasmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Bikes: Just a MTB these days
Location: South Korea
Posts: 1,068
http://www.gaijinriders.com/ ask here its a riders forum for us in japan. I could tell you Okinawa but mainland well im lost
__________________
"Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:11 AM   #9
sedoriku
Globe trotter for ever
 
sedoriku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Bikes: R1 2002 (sold) 87 XT600 (the granny)
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 457
Good luck in the night clubs, you will have a lot of fun, I can tell you. Don't go to Roppongi for night clubs, there are too many tourists over there and the club sucks....If you want the real japanese clubs, go to Shinjuku, Shibuya or in Hamamatsusho, there is a nice one over there with a lot of very pretty and friendly japanese girls...Enjoy for me man...I MISS TOKYO....
__________________
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
sedoriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:31 AM   #10
Big-Nipper
I eat my R1
 
Big-Nipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Bikes: 2004 R1
Location: Southern California
Posts: 421
I went by bike town today and got myself a nice Arai RX7 in flat black with a rubberized finish. Couple things they don't have are the 2 helmet I wanted; OGK FF4-GP and Arai Edwards (in black). They don't seem to have the OGK FF4-GP line here... but they have the FF4 helmets here. And the Arai RX7 edwards doesn't come in black here. The FF4 in the new scheme called venom and blish (or something like that) runs like 300 USD out here. The Arai's RX7's in full color scheme go for 440ish. Nice prices! Only a red and blue one. Time to go out...thanks for the help guys.
__________________
07' Ducati 1098, Yellow (May 07' Delivery)

SOLD:FLAT BLACK 04' R1 w/ Gold Wheels (163.7 WHP on Dynojet)

Mods: Custom Mapped, Full Arata Titanium, 16T Sprocket, Galfer Stainless Lines, Ohlins Steering Damper, Gregg's Flushies, PC3, BMC Air Filter, Graves Velocity Stack, All Intuitive Sliders & Spools, PUIG Double Bubble, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator
Big-Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:38 AM   #11
Big-Nipper
I eat my R1
 
Big-Nipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Bikes: 2004 R1
Location: Southern California
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally posted by woollyman
Hey man, hit SHIFT 7 for the apostrophe!
Do you mean Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku? If so, or anyway, probably your best bet is to go up to Ueno. It's only about 20mins from Shinjuku on the Yamanote line (the one that goes around Tokyo in a circle). You'll find "biketown."
" Listed on maps as "Bike Town," the area between JR Ueno station and adjacent Showa Dori has dozens of dealers, repair shops and accessory stores all devoted to motorcycling. Big chains like Corin boast several stand-alone buildings that stock everything from the tiniest Honda scooters to the biggest Harleys. Corin's accessories emporium fronts the main drag, a one-stop shop spread over seven floors where enthusiasts can pick up painted helmets, saddlebags, and just about anything else to make their ride complete."

Bike Town is located in Ueno 7-chome, near the Iriya exit (JR line) or exit 2 (Hibiya and Ginza lines) of Ueno station.

Another possibility is a big shop called Naps. It's in Setagaya Ward near Shinjuku, but on foot it could be a hike. If you print out this map the hotel staff should be able to tell you if it's possible to walk there.
http://www.naps-jp.com/html/setagaya_map.html
http://www.naps-jp.com/html/setagaya.html

Do you know about the Tokyo Motorcycle Show??!! It's on this weekend!
http://motorcycleshow.org/ at Tokyo Big Site http://www.bigsight.jp/english/

Make sure you try out the helmets carefully. Honestly, Japanese heads are a little more oblong than westerners so you may find pressure on the front and back of your skull. Also most sizes max out at 62cm - 25". Prices seem cheaper though, I got my Shoei Daijiro X-11 for about $470 USD.

Hope you're having a great time in Tokyo! How long are you staying?
Thanks man. I found it. Wish I could go to the motorcycle show....I leave on friday afternoon so I will be rushed to get to the airport. =(
__________________
07' Ducati 1098, Yellow (May 07' Delivery)

SOLD:FLAT BLACK 04' R1 w/ Gold Wheels (163.7 WHP on Dynojet)

Mods: Custom Mapped, Full Arata Titanium, 16T Sprocket, Galfer Stainless Lines, Ohlins Steering Damper, Gregg's Flushies, PC3, BMC Air Filter, Graves Velocity Stack, All Intuitive Sliders & Spools, PUIG Double Bubble, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator

Last edited by Big-Nipper; 03-31-2005 at 02:41 AM.
Big-Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:16 AM   #12
terrasmak
ccs#191
 
terrasmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Bikes: Just a MTB these days
Location: South Korea
Posts: 1,068
Have fun on the flight home , ive done it 3 freaking times now , 13 hours in a dam plane sucks , i start going stir crazy at about 8
__________________
"Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #13
Big-Nipper
I eat my R1
 
Big-Nipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Bikes: 2004 R1
Location: Southern California
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally posted by terrasmak
Have fun on the flight home , ive done it 3 freaking times now , 13 hours in a dam plane sucks , i start going stir crazy at about 8
Damn 13 hours? I came in around 9 hours on the way back from Tokyo to California. Where were you flying from?
__________________
07' Ducati 1098, Yellow (May 07' Delivery)

SOLD:FLAT BLACK 04' R1 w/ Gold Wheels (163.7 WHP on Dynojet)

Mods: Custom Mapped, Full Arata Titanium, 16T Sprocket, Galfer Stainless Lines, Ohlins Steering Damper, Gregg's Flushies, PC3, BMC Air Filter, Graves Velocity Stack, All Intuitive Sliders & Spools, PUIG Double Bubble, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator
Big-Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:42 PM   #14
sedoriku
Globe trotter for ever
 
sedoriku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Bikes: R1 2002 (sold) 87 XT600 (the granny)
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 457
I have been flying many times from Paris to Tokyo, and it takes 12H30~13H...it is really long... I did it 20 times I think...not to mention the jet lag when you are in Tokyo. The longest direct flight I did was 14H30, from Paris to Singapore, and I think there is no plane who can fly more than 15H without a stop for kerosen. I also did once Paris-Tokyo (13H), and then when I arrived in Tokyo I boarded another plane for Bali, 7 hours more of flight... Bali was worth it, but it was too long to go there. I used to live in Sydney too, and from France it is almost the further you can go...so usually end up doing Paris-Singapore in 14H and then Singapore-Sydney in 8 more hours...22 hours of flight...arghhhhhhhhh. And those planes are too damn small when you are 6'2, I never have room for my leg... I have been lucky a few times and would get a full row of seats for me alone, so I could lay down, but it is usually rare, unless you fly with some very bad company... I flew once to Japan with Aeroflot, the russian company...scary experience, but at least the plane was half empty, I had room for me...lol.
And I just hate when I travel with my father and he is in business class or first while I stay in economy with all the cattle...lol... Im sure a Paris-Tokyo in Business class would be much better..., wouldn't feel as long. Good luck on your way back, and enjoy if you are still in Tokyo. Ganbatte ne!!! Dewa Mata mina san
__________________
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.
sedoriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:36 AM   #15
Big-Nipper
I eat my R1
 
Big-Nipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Bikes: 2004 R1
Location: Southern California
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally posted by sedoriku
I have been flying many times from Paris to Tokyo, and it takes 12H30~13H...it is really long... I did it 20 times I think...not to mention the jet lag when you are in Tokyo. The longest direct flight I did was 14H30, from Paris to Singapore, and I think there is no plane who can fly more than 15H without a stop for kerosen. I also did once Paris-Tokyo (13H), and then when I arrived in Tokyo I boarded another plane for Bali, 7 hours more of flight... Bali was worth it, but it was too long to go there. I used to live in Sydney too, and from France it is almost the further you can go...so usually end up doing Paris-Singapore in 14H and then Singapore-Sydney in 8 more hours...22 hours of flight...arghhhhhhhhh. And those planes are too damn small when you are 6'2, I never have room for my leg... I have been lucky a few times and would get a full row of seats for me alone, so I could lay down, but it is usually rare, unless you fly with some very bad company... I flew once to Japan with Aeroflot, the russian company...scary experience, but at least the plane was half empty, I had room for me...lol.
And I just hate when I travel with my father and he is in business class or first while I stay in economy with all the cattle...lol... Im sure a Paris-Tokyo in Business class would be much better..., wouldn't feel as long. Good luck on your way back, and enjoy if you are still in Tokyo. Ganbatte ne!!! Dewa Mata mina san
Yeah I've had my fair share of long flights...I think the longest was Cali to Taiwan. Came in something around 14 hours....but with on demand movies it makes the flight soooooo much better. A couple movies, a couple meals, and a nap and you're there. I usually try to fly business or with EVA they have this seat called super deluxe which is pretty cheap and very comfortable. Me being 5'9" 200lbs I barely fit width wise. I felt like a gorilla in Japan lol. I must have been the biggest asian guy there short of being a sumo in training haha. On the flight back there was some pretty bad turbulence....I almost ripped the armrest out when the plane dropped like what I felt 100 feet in .1 second. I hate turbulence, it scares the shit out of me.
__________________
07' Ducati 1098, Yellow (May 07' Delivery)

SOLD:FLAT BLACK 04' R1 w/ Gold Wheels (163.7 WHP on Dynojet)

Mods: Custom Mapped, Full Arata Titanium, 16T Sprocket, Galfer Stainless Lines, Ohlins Steering Damper, Gregg's Flushies, PC3, BMC Air Filter, Graves Velocity Stack, All Intuitive Sliders & Spools, PUIG Double Bubble, Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator
Big-Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #16
jefflopes
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Yamaha XG 250

Guys
I just returned from Tokyo this morning and I am now trying to find a Yamaha XG 250 (pic attached) I saw in Shinjuku Thanksgiving night. If anyone knows where I can buy one, or, how to buy one in Japan, please let me know. I will buy from Yamaha dealer and import to USA if I can get one.

For babes and partying....go to Ueno or Shinjuku (west side of Train Station).
Probably 8:1 girls to guys out in Shinjuku. Some western bars you can get in. Oh, yea, Roppongi is hot as well.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2924.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	477379  
jefflopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.