Muzzy Exhaust : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-28-2002, 07:39 AM   #1
CJScott
A.K.A****Decifer

Bikes: 00R1,00TLR,01R6
Muzzy Exhaust

Anyone have a Muzzy exhaust on their R1, i wondering how you like it and what kind of performance gains did you get? If you hae a pic post em up
CJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2002, 07:31 PM   #2
RATED R-1
MY R1 IS THE SHYT!

Bikes: 99 YAMAHA R1/2001 GSXR 1000
I have a Muzzy on mine and I seem to like both the appearance and that unique Muzzy sound. As far as performance, there are no complaints. I have not dyno'd so I dont know how it compares to a Ak or devil or hindle, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rearr1.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	15489  
RATED R-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 05:45 PM   #3
LDHR1
see you at the races and ride

Bikes: 2005 R1,2001 R1 just sold
Is the muzzy a 4 into 1? Ivan says the muzzy is his second choice for 98-01 R1's behind the akro. I believe he said it has less of a low-end dip/loss.
LDHR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:31 AM   #4
SunDevil
My R1 eats Jackoffs

Bikes: Rfuggin1
Muzzy Rules

I just put a full Muzzy on my '00 R1 and it KICKS ASS. I have driven a couple R1's with the Akra... The Muzzy spanks em till 10,000 rpm. No low end dip, more hp all the way up the curve till 8,000 rpm... not to mention they sound soooo much better than the quieter Akra.

This is not just my opinion, numbers prove it... comparing price, performance and sound Muzzy has Akra beat hands down.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:35 AM   #5
r1-superstar
Banned

Bikes: '04 R1 (All Stock)
Re: Muzzy Rules

Quote:
Originally posted by SunDevil
I just put a full Muzzy on my '00 R1 and it KICKS ASS. I have driven a couple R1's with the Akra... The Muzzy spanks em till 10,000 rpm. No low end dip, more hp all the way up the curve till 8,000 rpm... not to mention they sound soooo much better than the quieter Akra.

This is not just my opinion, numbers prove it... comparing price, performance and sound Muzzy has Akra beat hands down.

I am not arguing that Muzzy sucks, they are good.

You obviously have not ridden my R1 yet.
r1-superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 12:47 PM   #6
SunDevil
My R1 eats Jackoffs

Re: Re: Muzzy Rules

Quote:
Originally posted by r1-superstar

I am not arguing that Muzzy sucks, they are good.

You obviously have not ridden my R1 yet.
Uh... so what is your point? That you admit Muzzy is good and/or That I obviously have not ridden Your R1? Okay... you got me there

I am not sure what you are confused about... but I definately am
Old 12-11-2002, 12:49 PM   #7
CJScott
A.K.A****Decifer

Juat wanted to add i ended up getting a muzzy full ti system
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	muzzy system.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	16823  
Old 12-11-2002, 01:10 PM   #8
r1-superstar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Muzzy Rules

Quote:
Uh... so what is your point? That you admit Muzzy is good and/or That I obviously have not ridden Your R1? Okay... you got me there

I am not sure what you are confused about... but I definately am

Confused you say?

You stated that Muzzy kicks Akra's ass on an R1. You also stated that your R1 fitted with a Muzzy system is better than an R1 with an Akra. I simply stated that you have not ridden my R1.

What's so confusing about that?

Old 12-11-2002, 01:30 PM   #9
SunDevil
My R1 eats Jackoffs

Whew... Well I am glad we cleared that up! So your point WAS that I have not ridden your bike. As I said... OKAY you got me there.

You were the one to copy my post and put up the confused icon on your post... I just simply didn't see what there was to be confused about.

Like I said I am stating fact. I spoke with Ivan for about 20 minutes last week and he said he recommends Muzzy 2nd to Akra. Like I said in another post... Akra has some features that make it better for overall hp gains. BUT that is HIGH rpm horspower... in a place where 90% of street riders will never use it. AWESOME on the track but virtually meaningless on the street.

When I was doing my research I ran across Ivans dyno comparison of the Akra vs Muzzy and Muzzy produced more hp (without the big Akra dip) all the way up to around 8,000 rpm. At that point they were identical till around 10 grand where Akra produced more.

If you feel the need to call me then

Nuff said
Old 12-11-2002, 01:34 PM   #10
r1-superstar
Banned

Quote:
Whew... Well I am glad we cleared that up! So your point WAS that I have not ridden your bike. As I said... OKAY you got me there.

You were the one to copy my post and put up the confused icon on your post... I just simply didn't see what there was to be confused about.

Like I said I am stating fact. I spoke with Ivan for about 20 minutes last week and he said he recommends Muzzy 2nd to Akra. Like I said in another post... Akra has some features that make it better for overall hp gains. BUT that is HIGH rpm horspower... in a place where 90% of street riders will never use it. AWESOME on the track but virtually meaningless on the street.

When I was doing my research I ran across Ivans dyno comparison of the Akra vs Muzzy and Muzzy produced more hp (without the big Akra dip) all the way up to around 8,000 rpm. At that point they were identical till around 10 grand where Akra produced more.

If you feel the need to call me then

Nuff said

I see where the difference is, your talking apples and I'm talking oranges. You must be talking about the pre-02' R1s. I'm talking about the fuel injected 02-03' models.

Oh, BTW; there are many other tuners out there than just Ivan.

Peace................
Old 12-11-2002, 01:50 PM   #11
Ninedown
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1C #15 0f 1000
Quote:
Originally posted by CJScott
Juat wanted to add i ended up getting a muzzy full ti system
Sweet Carman glad to see you got a full system. I can't wait to hear that. Are you going to do a dyno run after its on?
Old 12-11-2002, 04:07 PM   #12
CJScott
A.K.A****Decifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninedown
Sweet Carman glad to see you got a full system. I can't wait to hear that. Are you going to do a dyno run after its on?
Yeah as soon as my bikes back together ill have it ran on the dyno, ill let you know how it does
Old 12-11-2002, 04:30 PM   #13
SpidermanSS
tHE GODFATHER

Bikes: R1 - R6 - YZF's
Quote:
Originally posted by liquidone
Yes, I have a Muzzy on my 02 R1. Muzzy used my bike for the prototype and all I can say is that it is sweet. They spent 2 full months designing, testing and improving the system and then built brand new machinery to build the systems.

I'm not at liberty to disclose numbers (per Muzzy's request), but I can say that it turned more than the full Graves system (at an independant dealer in Colorado)....Sound is perfect - not too loud, not too quiet.

I'll post pics soon - we are still in the "project" phase.

-L1
Keep us informed on the performance and all liquidone....!

If they work good, I'll make sure to tell Mike to get a few in at the shop...

www.gravesport.com / www.r1-forum.com / www.r6-forum.com/ YWeRide Facebook

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

Twitter: @SpidermanSS

Instagram: @SpidermanSS

KILO 3483 : fastblueR1 : K_FleXXX : GLENN "ELVIS" : Gawarrior : Vman1300 : Bandrews
SpidermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 05:27 PM   #14
CJScott
A.K.A****Decifer

Here you go, dynoed 141hp with Muzzy full system and Ivans jet kit
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	r1dynorun.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	16856  
Old 12-12-2002, 12:38 AM   #15
evilR1
New and Improved Forum Bitch

Bikes: Evil Custom 02R1
Not on a R1, but I did have the Muzzy race system, titanium high mount with carbon fiber can on a ZX7. I was very impressed with the performance and sound- and it was lite as hell- like 5 1/2 pounds- hell, I took bolts off that tank-of-a-bike that weighed that much. Get the system and be a little different, you won't be dissapointed.

Tate can be a bad boy here: clickizzle
evilR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 04:17 AM   #16
nutball73
Been there, done it, got the T

Bikes: '00 Blue (not any more), Harley XL883R
Off-subject a bit maybe, but anyone else (other than me) read Aaron Slight's biography "You don't know the half of it"?

In it he completely slags the Muzzi Kawasaki WSB team when he rode for them, saying they were more interested in putting bits on the bike as product placement rather than using bits that actually worked...
nutball73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 06:30 AM   #17
rossm
Honda's Grrrrr

Bikes: '02 Yamaha R1, '98 Kawasaki ZX9R, '06 Gilera Nexus 500, '05 Gilera DNA180, '03 Yamaha TW125
Quote:
Originally posted by nutball73
Off-subject a bit maybe, but anyone else (other than me) read Aaron Slight's biography "You don't know the half of it"?

In it he completely slags the Muzzi Kawasaki WSB team when he rode for them, saying they were more interested in putting bits on the bike as product placement rather than using bits that actually worked...
If you've followed Aaron's career you will find he whines like a school girl about everything.

Ross
Old 12-13-2002, 02:18 AM   #18
CJScott
A.K.A****Decifer

Hey guys help me out with one more thing, When i install my exhaust since i no longer use the exup valve do i just disconnect the cabler from the servo motor ? if i dont wanna get sams servo saver or whatever it called?
Old 12-13-2002, 03:01 AM   #19
R1Fanatic
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!

Bikes: 2004 R1
Quote:
Originally posted by r1-superstar
I see where the difference is, your talking apples and I'm talking oranges. You must be talking about the pre-02' R1s. I'm talking about the fuel injected 02-03' models.

Oh, BTW; there are many other tuners out there than just Ivan.

Peace................
*****OFF TOPIC*******

R1-Superstar,

Man, I just noticed something. The other day I was reading one of your posts, and I could have swore you had about 700 posts (I could have been seeing things). Now I look at your post count, and you are over 930 LMAO!!! Man, do you live here or something?

I do, but I can't seem to post as fast as you

Last edited by R1Fanatic; 12-13-2002 at 03:04 AM.
R1Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 03:12 AM   #20
CJScott
A.K.A****Decifer

Quote:
Originally posted by R1Fanatic
*****OFF TOPIC*******

Man, do you live here or something?

I do, but I can't seem to post as fast as you
Dont we all