HELP: Rainsoft Filters? What's the deal? no prices online... not much info either : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 01-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
Michael.Terence
Track Daze

Bikes: 2006 R1, 2006 R6
HELP: Rainsoft Filters? What's the deal? no prices online... not much info either

So I had the local rainsoft company come over and check out my place... overall things aren't that bad but they could be better. He suggested I purchase a Rainsoft EC4 OcyTech (OxyTech 150) for $3500. He also quoted me $425 for a "203" pressure tank, and $450 for a 50 gallon water heater.

What really bothers me is that I can't find any info online about the oxytech unit other than what rainsoft has put out. There are no prices, not many opinions (except the opinions of those working for rainsoft) not even much on forums, etc.

Can anyone tell me what the retail price is for one of these units? What they usually sell for?

Any info is appreciated.

[Edit]
The hardness of my water is 4
Total Iron Content is 3 PPM
Dissolved Iron 2 X 5 ... 10
Suspended Iron 1

I also have hydrogen sulfide gas

06 R6 -- Graves Full TI Exhaust, PCIII, Graves Smog Block Offs, Pipercross Filter, SS Lines, Vesrah Pads, 520 Conversion, Pirelli Luvins, etc
http://www.clarke-family.net || http://www.uncorrupted.net

Last edited by Michael.Terence; 01-10-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Michael.Terence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
boge
I eat my R1

Bikes: Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Water sofner

If I were you I would get a couple of more opinions on what you need for a water softener. The markup on these things are like jewelry, furniture and vacuum cleaners. There is only so much a water softener can do and I think if you shop around with reputable companies you can do better. Do a google search on Discovery Marketing. You will find lots of complaints against the RainSoft/Discovery Marketing operation.

At those prices the least they could do is kiss you after they have sc**wed you.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Wow...that was fun!"

Kentucky: One million people, and 15 last names.

boge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
Michael.Terence
Track Daze

If you google oxytech 150 this is the second thing to show up... there is literally NO info about this unit online.

Can anyone tell us what they retail for & what they typically sell for?

06 R6 -- Graves Full TI Exhaust, PCIII, Graves Smog Block Offs, Pipercross Filter, SS Lines, Vesrah Pads, 520 Conversion, Pirelli Luvins, etc
Old 01-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
R1_RX1
Searching for Greener Pastures

Bikes: Faster Blue 04R1!!! , 2002 R6 Past: 2002 R1 (traded and missed :( ), 1995 YZF600
I had a Rainsoft guy check our water and tell us we needed a $4000 system to clean it up. Then I contacted a local plumber who came out and installed an equivalent system for about $1800. The post water check was A-OK, and we can do our own maintenance instead of paying costly service charges.

"Sometimes, when you give up on someone, it's not because you don't care anymore, but because you realize they don't."
R1_RX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
Michael.Terence
Track Daze

I've called several other rainsoft dealers and no one is willing to provide a price over the phone for any of their equipment.

I called the rainsoft manufacturer and they told me that they sell the units to a dealer and he can charge whatever he wants for them. They wouldn't give me any other info.

This all seems so shady.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
boge
I eat my R1

Bikes: Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Terence View Post
I've called several other rainsoft dealers and no one is willing to provide a price over the phone for any of their equipment.

I called the rainsoft manufacturer and they told me that they sell the units to a dealer and he can charge whatever he wants for them. They wouldn't give me any other info.

This all seems so shady.
I can assure you it is shady. They are probably reputable dealers like the Kirby guy. Markup on a Kirby vacuum is like 400%. You can get better equipment for less $. It's all in the marketing. Who was it that said "There is a fool born every minute"?

I would run.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Wow...that was fun!"

Kentucky: One million people, and 15 last names.

boge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #7
timritchieblue

Bikes: 00 R1
A Freind Of Mine, Worked For Them? He Made A Sh!t Load Of Money, The Mark Up Is Stupid, Most People Never Even Needed The Equipment, If You Can Afford It, Go For It! But You Dont Neeeed It! Buy Your Wife A Diamond, Or Yourself A Turbo, Thats Bang For Your Buck.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
Aron213 ti
I eat my R1

Bikes: 03 R1 and Raven's gixxer
When I bought my house, I swear the first 20 phone calls were from water softner people wanting to test, they offered everything from free detergent to wash my clothes to free steaks....then I thought, nothing in life comes free.
Advertisement