Proton Flush Mount Front Turn Signals : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance Windshields / Body Work / Turn Signals / Fender Eliminators, Sticker sets etc etc

Old 03-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
TitanROne
My R1 eats me.

Proton Flush Mount Front Turn Signals

I got my Proton Flushmounts installed on my 2010 R 1. I love the way they look, even passed a Virginia inspection sticker with them. Very pleased. The only drawback some may consider, is the fact that you have to cut your factory plug off and solder it to the Proton Flushmounts. The come with some crappy butt connectors, but I'd rather not have to pull my fairings off later to find a wired loose or corroded due to using the butt connectors. I just don't think a bike is a place for a butt connector. I used heat shrink on each individual wire and then over the whole bundle of wires. Turned out pretty good. IMO they are well worth $84.00. Very good quality and very bright. Also have the option to wire to blink 3 different ways.
TitanROne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
smalltrack
big tracks scare me

Bikes: 07 R6, 09 R1
You don't HAVE to cut off the stock connection from the stock front turn signals. CustomLED now sells the wires.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
broc944
I Ride Alone.

Bikes: 07 R1,02 RC51,73 CB350F,TR2 Replica,78 DT250,Kawi H1 & H2, Zundapp GS125
Picking up a set for my RC. Great to hear they are as good as I have read they are.
Full Akrapovic Shortened 3"-BST's-AK20 Axxion Kit-Penske 8987-Y.E.C. ECU-Beringer Front & Rear Mstr Cyl. & Front/Rear Calipers-AP Thumb brake,Ceramic Wheel Bearings-Bazzaz T.C./Quick Shift/ZAFM-Sato Rearsets-Machined Rotors-Robby Moto Throttle-520 Conversion-Tank Foam-Pirelli DRC's-Hyperpro RSC Damper-Gilles Adjusters-Spiegler Lines-Catalyst SS Tail-LiFePO4 Batt-Acumen Gear Indicator-CF Air Box Cover/Front Fender-CRG Bar End Mirrors-Woodcraft Covers/Clip Ons-Speedo Healer-Lots of TI
broc944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
DarkR1
I had to pay for this one...

Bikes: '05 YZF-R1 Raven (Traded In) 09 YZF-R1 Raven
I concur. I, for one, do not see soldering and heat shrinking wires as inconvenient. But, considering I used to install custom sound systems, that kind of stuff is 2nd nature to me.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
dasrider
Why does my R1 eat me?

Bikes: 2003 SV1000S (RIP), 2007 R1 Charcoal
I also really dig the Protons. For a flushmount I think they're pretty well visible and bright. The strobe effect blinker helps me stand out a bit too. It may be annoying to some cagers, but hey you can't say you didn't see it m'fer!

If you don't care for soldering look into posi-lock connectors: http://www.posi-lock.com/posilock.html

They're not particularly cheap compared to butt connectors or solder but they are reusable and very easy to make strong, secure connections with.
dasrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
Puck Fu
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Old thread, but pretty sure these oem connectors allow you to not have to splice/cut your oem wires on the bike. I ordered a pair with my integrated light and I am about to order some protons so hopefully I can confirm this works soon enough! Unless anyone already knows for sure

http://www.customled.com/products/oe..._connector.htm
Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #7
smalltrack
big tracks scare me

Bikes: 07 R6, 09 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Fu View Post
Old thread, but pretty sure these oem connectors allow you to not have to splice/cut your oem wires on the bike. I ordered a pair with my integrated light and I am about to order some protons so hopefully I can confirm this works soon enough! Unless anyone already knows for sure

http://www.customled.com/products/oe..._connector.htm
:rory from a few posts up.