fuel pump : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

04-06 R1 Mechanical Help Mechinical and Critical Issues for the 04-06 R1

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
gforce15
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
fuel pump

i have a fuel pump off a 07 r1 i think and i have an 02 r1 motor in my project its not in a street bike i have a return line on the throttle bodies but no return on the fuel pump. I'm running a plastic composite fuel tank from a raptor 700 tav which runs a very similar fuel pump but it swell has no return lines should i drill into the tank and make a return line entry or theres a spot on the 06 fuel pump off the r1 that is recessed in the top thats like a octagon shape can that be modified to accept a line

Last edited by gforce15; 01-25-2012 at 08:13 AM.
gforce15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
jmdarville
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 533
Figure out a way to get that resolved?
jmdarville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
gforce15
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
well i think im going to drill and tap a fitting into the top like to make it like an 02-03 pump
gforce15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
jmdarville
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 533
I've never seen a fuel pump from 02-03. I'm curious to see how this turns out for you.
jmdarville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
i have a 07 fuel pump on my 06 r1!!! the 06 throttle bodies have the return line but the 07 fuel pump has no return line entry... but it's easy to do.... i have just closed the return line from the throttle bodies by putting a 8mm screw in it... and it works perfect
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
jmdarville
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by markosaspiotis View Post
i have a 07 fuel pump on my 06 r1!!! the 06 throttle bodies have the return line but the 07 fuel pump has no return line entry... but it's easy to do.... i have just closed the return line from the throttle bodies by putting a 8mm screw in it... and it works perfect
Why did you swap them?
jmdarville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
gforce15
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
well i had the o7 fuel pump for awhile from another r1 motor i had and i did not have one for my 03 motor that i put into an atv chasis. the 03 run the return line so i just modidefied the 07 to accept a return line. then i ran into a problem were an atv tank the fuel pump sits on top of the tank so unless the tank is filled to the top it wont suck fuel so i modified the fuel pump again and made it suck from the bottom of the pump and it turned out well
gforce15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #8
jmdarville
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce15 View Post
well i had the o7 fuel pump for awhile from another r1 motor i had and i did not have one for my 03 motor that i put into an atv chasis. the 03 run the return line so i just modidefied the 07 to accept a return line. then i ran into a problem were an atv tank the fuel pump sits on top of the tank so unless the tank is filled to the top it wont suck fuel so i modified the fuel pump again and made it suck from the bottom of the pump and it turned out well
Gotcha. That's a smart idea.

How's that quad running? I used to live out in Arizona and went into southern California often. Out there at Glamis used to see quads with R1, ZX14, and Hayabusa motors. They were just sick on the hill climb and just overall running around.
jmdarville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #9
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdarville View Post
Why did you swap them?
i had a problem with my fuel pump and i had to change it!!! but i didnt found nowhere any 06 fuel pump!!! thats why i tried the 07
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
gforce15
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdarville View Post
Gotcha. That's a smart idea.

How's that quad running? I used to live out in Arizona and went into southern California often. Out there at Glamis used to see quads with R1, ZX14, and Hayabusa motors. They were just sick on the hill climb and just overall running around.
well i have not got to ride it yet im finishing it up now i need to order some rear sprokets and that will all its to cold around here right now to ride if only i could find away to make this street legal
i also have a 08 zx 14 im going to be putting into something either a rhino or another atv frame i get bored so i start building stuff
gforce15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #11
jmdarville
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by markosaspiotis View Post
i had a problem with my fuel pump and i had to change it!!! but i didnt found nowhere any 06 fuel pump!!! thats why i tried the 07
Some parts are very hard to find it seems. Especially if you have one available then cool idea to mod it.
jmdarville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
jmdarville
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hope, PA
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce15 View Post
well i have not got to ride it yet im finishing it up now i need to order some rear sprokets and that will all its to cold around here right now to ride if only i could find away to make this street legal
i also have a 08 zx 14 im going to be putting into something either a rhino or another atv frame i get bored so i start building stuff
I live in pa and I saw an R6 turned into a quad. Really cool but can't register.

Only way those Can Ams are street legal is because they have 3 wheels. 4 would classify them as atvs and they aren't street legal in most states.
jmdarville is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 04-06 R1 Damaged Blue Fuel Tank & Fuel Pump - $100 Shipped stuntsteel Bike Parts For Sale 9 01-21-2011 08:45 AM
mystery fuel or timing issue...possible fuel pump failure? uponone19 02-03 R1 Mechanical Help 10 10-25-2010 05:42 AM
FS: '04-'06 R1 OEM Fuel Tank, Fuel Pump & StompGrip - Lowered Prices BIFFERONE Bikes For Sale 19 06-04-2008 06:11 AM
Fuel Cell and Fuel Pump questions jstecher Mechanical / Help 3 11-08-2006 08:21 AM
FS: 2004 - 05 R1 ++ Fuel PUMP and Fuel CAP Assembly ++ PICS ++ R6wrxdude Bikes For Sale 0 06-08-2006 02:37 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.