Lo-jack class-action lawsuit settlement : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 04-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
R1nStang
Owner of the color changing R1

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Lo-jack class-action lawsuit settlement

not sure if anyone else on here has lo-jack and been recieving these emails but figured I would post up the link for those that didnt receive anything

http://www.morinsettlement.com/index

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
my anus is just swollen.. Shut it!!!
R1nStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
CatalystXXL18
The Watcher

Bikes: 2006 Yamaha R1
Soooo they're saying lo-jack doesn't actually work? And the company claiming they "help" to find your vehicle not guarantee it's recovery is a lie? Am I missing something here?
CatalystXXL18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
R1nStang

basically the statitics they used saying 95% of bikes were recovered by lo-jack or what ever numbers they had were all BS. its a false advertising lawsuit. lojack isnt available everywhere and police cars need to be equiped with the lojack equipment...which not many of them are. if i would have known of this stuff 2 years ago i would have saved my money

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Damn, glad i skipped the purchase of one

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
polakw/aR1
Violence of action.

Bikes: Blue 5VY
Just keep an eye on your shiat and you wont need the extra weight and drain on your battery for some crap that doesnt work.

Sig by Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN Patton
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
polakw/aR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
You're better off wiring a cheap contract phone to your battery and burying it on your bike somewhere and tracking it yourself.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
R1nStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakw/aR1 View Post
Just keep an eye on your shiat and you wont need the extra weight and drain on your battery for some crap that doesnt work.
never had a problem with battery drain but the extra weight and the fact that its the size of a remote control making it not very hard to find pisses me off. better, cheaper smaller alternatives out there these days

Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
polakw/aR1
Violence of action.

Bikes: Blue 5VY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
You're better off wiring a cheap contract phone to your battery and burying it on your bike somewhere and tracking it yourself.
I have heard of folks doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1nStang View Post
never had a problem with battery drain but the extra weight and the fact that its the size of a remote control making it not very hard to find pisses me off. better, cheaper smaller alternatives out there these days
Yeah I know brotha, just trying to be captain obvious here and jack your thread. Im bored Mike.

Sig by Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN Patton
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
polakw/aR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Yeah I know brotha, just trying to be captain obvious here and jack your thread. Im bored Mike.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
R1nStang

Quote:
I have heard of folks doing this.

well everyone needs a place to troll carry on El Capitan!

Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
marcomon97
I eat my R1

Here you go!!
http://www.c3autopageusa.com/
It will work as a stand alone GPS on motorcycles!!
marcomon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
marcomon97
I eat my R1

The cool thing about it, seems that you can track from your phone or computer.
marcomon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
steevo025
Call me Steve Deadload...

Bikes: 1999 blue R1- stolen, 2008 blue R1- Sold, 2010 blue R1
rLink alarm!!! Much cheaper and straight to your smart phone.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #14
cataclyzm123
I have a big attitude!

Bikes: 2013 R1
I got the same email. I replied saying “Go F yourself” I am not going to be involved in a cheap class action suit where the lawyer gets 1.5 mil and I get a dime.

My Lojack works great. If my bike is moved without the key, I get 3 calls and an email. I have tested it. I have it for my truck as well.

Last edited by cataclyzm123; 04-11-2012 at 02:28 PM.
cataclyzm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #15
raidwolf
wtf is the internet?

Bikes: Silver '03 R1
Don't have it for my bike, but I do for my car. On top of that, I leave a sticky note on my steering wheel that says "smile for the camera ".

-King of Pain
raidwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
DannyC188
what could possibly go wrong

Bikes: 2004 R1 & CR250
I have a car with a loJack unit and I recover about 2 stolen cars a month because of it. the problem with LoJack is that the unit doesn't activate until the VIN is entered into the NCIC system.

on motorcycles there are only a few places to put it so in the delay between the time the bike is stolen and the time it's activated could be a long time and it only takes thieves a short time to locate the lojack on a bike and get ride of it.

GPS isn't perfect either, last week a BMW was stolen with a GPS unit on it. we tracked it to a apartment building with 4 apartments. at 4 am we woke every person in each apartment up and searched each one. no bike anywhere, we even went to every house within 200 yards of the apartment building and searched them also....no bike
the only thing we could figure is that the GPS only gave the last known location of the unit before it was disabled and was no longer there.

sig compliments of Buddyluv

We will not waiver; We will not tire; We will not falter; We will not fail. Peace and freedom will prevail.
Quote:
Originally posted by Solidus
And when you stop holding me accountable for all bunghole cops I'll stop holding you responsible for all the child molesters that live in your state, you friggin pervert.
DannyC188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement