Help me out here 09-12 owners : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Black Stallion
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven
Help me out here 09-12 owners

So I've been on YouTube for the past week trying to find another slip on or 3/4 exhaust that isn't an akra had them already. I'm trying to find another that sounds close to the pot devil exhaust that brings out the pure crossplane sound that's followed through as you rev it and sounds deep. So far I've narrowed it down to the gytr and the m4. Anyone else recommend anything else if you could even please post up links to videos so I can listen especially those of you that have herd them in person. Thanks greatly appreciated! I've also searched plenty so please don't bother to post something up along the lines of me searching more..
Black Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Leo Vince

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
Black Stallion
I eat my R1

Which one?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
EVOII or Corsa (I have the Corsa) but its a full, so you'd be stuck with the EVOII..pic either TI or CF cans

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
EVOII or Corsa (I have the Corsa) but its a full, so you'd be stuck with the EVOII..pic either TI or CF cans
+1!

i've got EVOII SBK 3/4 cf cans w/ ti internals..

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,

Last edited by bacchus40; 05-18-2012 at 12:18 AM.
bacchus40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
bpgt
My R1 eats me.

Have you looked at FMF's offering (FMF Apex)?

Also, if you're interested in Devil Exhausts, Tom at BioHazardCycles can probably help you out...that's from personal experience. I currently have the FMF slip on, but just ordered a devil exhaust system.
bpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #7
IMSTuner
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2008 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
+1!

i've got EVOII SBK 3/4 cf cans w/ ti internals..
you can't go wrong

2008 R1 Black - Gold AVS C5 Levers, Puig DB Wind Screen, EvoTech Sliders Kit, T-Rex Clutch slider, Stomp Tank Pads, LeoVince Ti Factory Evo II CF end caps, Arko Y-Pipe, EvoTech Fender Elim., Proton Signals, PZRacing GearTronic Zero , Q2 tires, Flash-Tune Interface,Brembo RCS Ohlins FRT fork and TTX shock
My Build Thread http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336353

YouTube Page http://www.youtube.com/user/imstuner?feature=mhee
IMSTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
tbsimmons
I eat my R1

Bikes: 11 R1, 06 R6
I have the Graves 3/4 and it is pretty deep sounding on the bike.
I would be willing to bet that all of them will sound similar since they all use the same type of baffling in the mufflers with a straight through design. This is of course without anything added to make them quieter.
tbsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #9
R1nStang
Owner of the color changing R1

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
havent heard Devil exhaust in person. but check out Competition Werkes

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
my anus is just swollen.. Shut it!!!
R1nStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #10
Black Stallion
I eat my R1

I agree that the Leo Vince sounds pretty good but it doesn't bring out that growler sound if you've seen the YouTube vid of the devil system you'll definitely know what I mean. I love the way the FMF looks but I'm still yet to find a decent video of how it sounds. :-( the competition works on our year R1 sounds like my LTR-450.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
R1nStang
Owner of the color changing R1

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Stallion View Post
I agree that the Leo Vince sounds pretty good but it doesn't bring out that growler sound if you've seen the YouTube vid of the devil system you'll definitely know what I mean. I love the way the FMF looks but I'm still yet to find a decent video of how it sounds. :-( the competition works on our year R1 sounds like my LTR-450.
is that a good or bad thing?

buddy of mine has the FMF on his 09 and loves them. I havent been able to hear them in person since we havent been able to hit up the same ride in awhile now.

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
my anus is just swollen.. Shut it!!!
R1nStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
lt.dan58
Ice Cream Lt. Dan! Ice Cream!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
ill try and post a video tomorrow of my 09 with the FMF... it sounds NICE!
lt.dan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
GRAVESPORT.com
Graves Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsimmons View Post
i have the graves 3/4 and it is pretty deep sounding on the bike.
I would be willing to bet that all of them will sound similar since they all use the same type of baffling in the mufflers with a straight through design. This is of course without anything added to make them quieter.
this^^^^^^^^^^^

Graves Motorsports www.gravesport.com
GRAVESPORT.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #14
GRAVESPORT.com
Graves Motorsports

how about this!.......

Graves Motorsports www.gravesport.com
GRAVESPORT.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
Burt Reynolds
Oregon Burrito

Bikes: 08 R6 Sold, 11 R1
All aftermarkets are loud and deep on the crossplane
Old 05-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
Black Stallion
I eat my R1

R1ndtang: it's definitely a good thing bc I love how my quad sounds but I don't want it sounding like it if I have that similiar sound already ya know.
Lt.dan: you'd be a god to me if you did as long as its high quality I really want to know how it sounds I absolutely love the looks of it for sure your getting a pm:-).
Graves: love the way your guys set up sounds but it doesn't have that low pitch thump thy the devil has..like I said I've spend countless hrs on YouTube and I've been trying to find something similiar and have listened VERY closely on my surround sound haha.
Burt: I strongly dissagree based off of all the videos I've seen almost each one has their own bazzaz to it.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
Burt Reynolds
Oregon Burrito

Bikes: 08 R6 Sold, 11 R1
Quote:
R1ndtang: it's definitely a good thing bc I love how my quad sounds but I don't want it sounding like it if I have that similiar sound already ya know.
Lt.dan: you'd be a god to me if you did as long as its high quality I really want to know how it sounds I absolutely love the looks of it for sure your getting a pm:-).
Graves: love the way your guys set up sounds but it doesn't have that low pitch thump thy the devil has..like I said I've spend countless hrs on YouTube and I've been trying to find something similiar and have listened VERY closely on my surround sound haha.
Burt: I strongly dissagree based off of all the videos I've seen almost each one has their own bazzaz to it.
Videos will not give you the real sound at all. Find someone who has one and listen to it as they get up to speed in person, much different story. Leo, Graves, Akra, Yoshi ect... all going to sound amazing and pretty similar.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #18
lt.dan58
Ice Cream Lt. Dan! Ice Cream!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Ive taken a few videos on my phone ... no justice... going to take two tonight (one gopro one cannon powershot) and post them up for you
lt.dan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
stevejohnson
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 10 R1
Good sound.

stevejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Black Stallion
I eat my R1

Burt: yea buddy that's for sure I've herd the graves and Leo and i had the akra. But as soon as I herd the devil I starte searching and I might just have to order it and wait forever. But like you said they're all going to sound similiar but there's some that emphasize some sounds more than others.
Lt.:awesome man I appreciate it.
Steve: I saw that vid last night I can't remember what pipe it was the m4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement