AUCT.MART Aftermarket Fairings : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

AUCT.MART Aftermarket Fairings

Ok, So let me start off by saying im not a mechanic. But I have had three bikes. cbr600 r6s and my r1. I put new plastics on all three, using ebay fairings... the cbr and r6 came out great. nice clear coats, easy to install, very slight modifications to make it work...

I bought this set from Auct.Mart off ebay for my r1 on June 11. I recieved them July 7..... The shipping quote they gave was actually a week earlier than the date I got them. They have piss poor customer service, and only respond when threatening them with reporting them to ebay ( possibility of 30 day suspension). I recieved them in the mail and got right to work, ive taken the R1 apart once or twice and was able to put it back easily. So I am familiar with the bike. Just for arguements sake i figured id throw that out there. When i started to put the plastics on I immediately was irritated. They had one or two little knicks in them, the head unit had a few spots of red paint splatter on the blue areas... I ignored it.

The head unit itself was a pain in the ass in itself. It didnt line up anywhere close, therefore nothing fit right. In fact, I was even able to get a plastic piece to hold where the nose, and black pieces by the radiator meet up. After about 6hrs messing with it I had everything aside from the tank and tail piece done. Not happy. I get to putting the wind screen on and to my amazement, the damn windscreen bolt actually pulled the "3 clear coats over the decals" off and the decal is now bunched up... Clearly they didnt clear coat it....

The tail piece fit great, no complaints, but then I move to the tank... Its a full tank cover, meaning it goes over the tank so you dont have to paint it. It lined up like ass. I actually used zip ties on the base of it to pull it back a little so it wasnt so off. It was literally covering up the gas cap enough to prohibit me from opening it!!! So again, 3 hrs later, I FINALLY get it on. Now. the kicker...

I contacted the company telling them that the entire bike was missing clear coat, Nothing lined up properly, and that they were garbage. They asked for pictures, I sent them, and of course, no reply... Ive sent 3 emails now. This was yesterday. Im giving them until tomarrow to respond,at which point I will contact ebay and with buyer protection I will in fact get my money back after they look into it... So, be warned guys, AUCT. MART on ebay is the worst damn place. theres a reason there prices are 50-100 cheaper than the others. I know there are a few venders there that are great, and ive experienced it with past bikes. So when considering who you want to order from, you can mark them off the list. pics at link below.

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n491/shane7979/

Last edited by Bmoresfinest; 07-11-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Bmoresfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Sucks to hear. I've got a kit from the same company on my bike. A handful of others do as well, and the opinion here is mostly decent, from what I gather. I had a few of the same issues you did. The small headlight pieces didn't fit up correctly, the right upper had the same gap under the headlight. But I didn't have the blotches and no stickers peeling up, as I told them to keep the decals separate. You get what you pay for, but I think they should at least rectify this with you. Good luck with the process of getting them switched out.
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

Yea it was just a horrible experience all around. Ive never been disappointed putting a new face on a bike before. They are making this sooo difficult. I would be ok with it if the front clip fit a little better, and if the bike actually had clear coat. I live in Tucson,AZ. These decals are going to completely stripped off in 2 wks. its been a few days and head unit is already coming apart... grrrrrr, so frustrated lol.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
Weeksy
Ex Race god.

Bikes: 1998 R1, 2004 R1, 2000 R6 track bike.
mine arrives today...
Old 07-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #5
smalltrack
big tracks scare me

Bikes: 07 R6, 09 R1
If you sent all 3 e-mails yesterday, give it a little time. They do work on a different schedule than you. When I dealt with them, I couldn't have been happier.
smalltrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
It's important to give time when dealing with Chinese vendors. Auctmarts is a vendor here actually.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

Ok. I worded that a little incorrectly. Ive sent 3 emails over 72hrs. Yesterday was meaning that was the last one sent. Sry about that. Todays day4-5. I havent heard a word back yet. . . Good luck on your stuff that came in. Like i said, ove used ebay before, in fact i still have a set from 2 yrs ago in my r6 with no problems on it. But it was also painted. No decals. Maybe I just got the new guy working on mine? Lol.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
auctmarts1
I eat my R1

Hello,

Something does not add up.
1) We have no payment record from you at all. Since you said you purchased on eBay. Nor do we have recent payment from you on June 11th
2) We do not even have this fairing design for sale for R1 04-06
3) We are AUCTMARTS. not AUCT.MARTS (did you purchase from another seller who is trying to pretend as auctmarts?)

Are you sure the fairing kit was purchased from us?

Thanks,
auctmarts

Last edited by auctmarts1; 07-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.
auctmarts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

Man you know that very well could in fact be the issue. Because when I looked up you guys on here, your positive feedback was slightly higher, but with triple the amount of people. I reported the other one to ebay today so if you guys didnt get anything then it has to be the other one. It was spelled. Auct.Marts on the ebay acct. So i guess people should be made aware that there is another company "stealing" your name. An ebay rep, contacted me within minutes saying they have a few issues with them this month and will look into it. If this place does not refund my money, the rep said that my ebay protection would kick in and id get my money back from them. So at least ebay is doing the right thing!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

Just did some checking, "Auct.Marts" was spelled like this, and They must be affiliated somehow with a vendor on ebay called. "it.ezmoto". When looking at previous emails, it would come back one or the other. When they emailed me directly to my email it was buy the it.ezmoto place. When it was on ebay. Auct.Motors. I have no friggin clue. . .
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
Weeksy
Ex Race god.

Oh man, what a load of balls !

Gutted for you.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

seriously lol. This is very irritating. At least Ebays fixing it for me. The rep that contacted me said I didnt have to send the old ones back, I may just end up parting out the few pieces that did fit the lowers, and the whole tail section.... Weeksy did yours come in yet????
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #13
auctmarts1
I eat my R1

Hope you will have everything sorted out soon.

That company is giving us a bad rep here. I have tried searching for Auct.Marts on eBay, but nothing comes up.
auctmarts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #14
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

When I get home ill try and take a pic of the computer screen. IDK why there were 2 different names either. Did you try the it.ezmoto one as well? They emailed me with this name as well.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #15
Weeksy
Ex Race god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoresfinest View Post
seriously lol. This is very irritating. At least Ebays fixing it for me. The rep that contacted me said I didnt have to send the old ones back, I may just end up parting out the few pieces that did fit the lowers, and the whole tail section.... Weeksy did yours come in yet????
See my other thread mate, sorry for you, but mine are superb
Old 07-12-2012, 05:24 AM   #16
DragMyR1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 ZX10 *SOLD* 2001 GSXR 1000 *SOLD* 2006 R1 RAVEN EDITION *SOLD* 2003 YAMAHA R1 *SOLD* CURRENT 2008 YAMAHA R1
if you havent had problems from certain vendors you ordered from in the past, why not order from them? ebay is not a place to "explore" or try to "cut cost"
08' R1/PC3/M4 CF EXHAUST/McCoys Clutch Saver Mod/MP Revolver Quick Throttle/CF TANK COWL/ 14 OVER EVIL SWING ARM/ PRO-TECH REAR SETS/PRO-BOLTS BITS/ZERO GRAVITY LATIGO SEAT/FLASH-TUNE ECUINTERFACE/HOT BODIES FLUSH MOUNTS/SCOTTS ROTARY DAMPER/SOUPYSPERFORMANCE ADJ. LINK/BMC RACE FILTER/BALLISTIC 12 CELL EVO 2 BATTERY/VORTEX CLIPS ON'S FUEL CAP SPROCKS/DDM DUAL HID's/Tsubaki 530 Sigma O-Ring Chain

LIVE FAST

Last edited by DragMyR1; 07-12-2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: correction
DragMyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #17
DragMyR1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 ZX10 *SOLD* 2001 GSXR 1000 *SOLD* 2006 R1 RAVEN EDITION *SOLD* 2003 YAMAHA R1 *SOLD* CURRENT 2008 YAMAHA R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by auctmarts1 View Post
Hello,

Something does not add up.
1) We have no payment record from you at all. Since you said you purchased on eBay. Nor do we have recent payment from you on June 11th
2) We do not even have this fairing design for sale for R1 04-06
3) We are AUCTMARTS. not AUCT.MARTS (did you purchase from another seller who is trying to pretend as auctmarts?)

Are you sure the fairing kit was purchased from us?

Thanks,
auctmarts
lol, bet he ddidn't expect to see you guys!
08' R1/PC3/M4 CF EXHAUST/McCoys Clutch Saver Mod/MP Revolver Quick Throttle/CF TANK COWL/ 14 OVER EVIL SWING ARM/ PRO-TECH REAR SETS/PRO-BOLTS BITS/ZERO GRAVITY LATIGO SEAT/FLASH-TUNE ECUINTERFACE/HOT BODIES FLUSH MOUNTS/SCOTTS ROTARY DAMPER/SOUPYSPERFORMANCE ADJ. LINK/BMC RACE FILTER/BALLISTIC 12 CELL EVO 2 BATTERY/VORTEX CLIPS ON'S FUEL CAP SPROCKS/DDM DUAL HID's/Tsubaki 530 Sigma O-Ring Chain

LIVE FAST
DragMyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

I ordered them over a year ago. It didnt show on my ebay acct. which vendor I ordered from. It wasnt to "cut cost". The fact that they were on sale was great. But the other ones had a different color scheme. They were the only ones with those particular colors that had the full tank as I didnt want to take it to get painted.

whether I "expected" them to show up or not I could care less. Its already been established that Auctmart is not affiliated with Auct.Mart or it.ezmoto. Your statement was pretty useless and really an instagation against two people who really have no issue with each other. Im actually in the middle of deciding on 2 sets from AUCTMARTS website as we speak.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #19
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Why are you posting about it/just now contacting the seller a year later?

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle.com Free App
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
Bmoresfinest
My R1 eats me.

No I bought my other fairings over a year ago, which is why I couldnt find which vendor it was that I should have gone with. He was asking why I didnt use a vendor I had success with. I had no way of knowing which vendor it was because it was so long ago, ebay takes it off your acct. after a certain amount of time. If you read my post it gives the date of everything ordered. thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement