Bought R1 No title : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
Wyno817
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bought R1 No title

I bought a 2009 R1 with no title. I bought it. For the track but i was wondering if I can make it street legal. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Wyno817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
What happened with the title? Who did you buy it from?

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Flexxx
*Insert Witty Phrase Here*

Bikes: A couple 09 R1's, 07 zx6r(sold), 05 R6(sold), 03 R1(sold)
If the VIN is clean, you should be able to file for the title. Simple trip to the DMV will answer that.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON JOIN HERE

My 09 R1 Build

My Crossplane-Powered 37 Legends Car Build

Flexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Why didn't you get the title?
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Flexxx

Or if you dont want to deal with it, I'll buy it from you for $1000 and take away all your stresses...

NC STATE LEAD

My 09 R1 Build

Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Wyno817

I bought it frim a buddy of mine. He bought the bike in 2009 and paid for it with his credit ard. Well about 6 moths ago he lost jis job and stoped giving the payments. Credit card company wants to repo it. Before i bought the bike i called up my friends dad who is a police officer and said that if i were to buy the bike they would go after him and not me. Well i bought the bike and even had a bill of sale Made and everything. I payed $3,00 for the bike and i have been using it at the track. Can i Seap frames and get a title for it?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyno817 View Post
I bought it frim a buddy of mine. He bought the bike in 2009 and paid for it with his credit ard. Well about 6 moths ago he lost jis job and stoped giving the payments. Credit card company wants to repo it. Before i bought the bike i called up my friends dad who is a police officer and said that if i were to buy the bike they would go after him and not me. Well i bought the bike and even had a bill of sale Made and everything. I payed $3,00 for the bike and i have been using it at the track. Can i Seap frames and get a title for it?

Really? This may not end well. Good luck.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

Old 10-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
Wyno817

Idk if buying a new frame for it is legal. Not wanting to get in any legal trouble

Old 10-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
R1nStang
Owner of the color changing R1

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Quote:

Your friends dad is a f'n idiot...cop or not. the bike is legally still owned by the CC company. you have no title in your name. a bill of sale means nothing if it didnt belong to him to sell in the first place. they can still take the bike from you AND they can file charges against both you and him. not sure what they would call it but im sure it would be attempting to fraud or something like that.

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
my anus is just swollen.. Shut it!!!
R1nStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
GrimSXR
Oderint dum Metuant

Bikes: 09 R1 Previous Bikes 03R6/06R6/08GSXR
Credit Card Company wants to repo it? I don't think I have ever seen that before. If thats the case, then he took a loan out on it, be it a bank or the credit card company, and they have a lien on the title.

Meaning he signed papers.

Meaning that hiding the vehicle is a felony in some states.

Could you be an accessory to a crime for helping to hide it? I don't know. I do know I wouldn't trust a cop. Not that I'm saying he is wrong, just that LEO's only enforce the laws. They don't decide if your innocent or guilty.

So as said, if the VIN is clean, then you should be able to apply for it as a lost title.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #11
R1nStang

oh...and if the CC company comes to repo it and you friend says "oh i dont have it" they will report it as stolen...and then it really will bite you in the ass

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Idk if buying a new frame for it is legal. Not wanting to get in any legal trouble

You're worried about swapping frames being legal after you bought a bike that is not owned by the person you bought it from You have much bigger things to worry about than that Wait till that guy reports it stolen and see how big of a fiasco you will be in

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
That dude is a walking tampon.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
WarMachine

This may not work but you should try and get your money back (highly unlikely) and give him the bike. The fact that you knew upon purchase that it was undergoing repo doesn't help your case at all. Pooch screwing complete just be ready for the blast wave headed your direction.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #14
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
So you come on here to get advice as to how to get away with stealing a bike?

If it was bought with a CC, the CC is unsecured debt so they have no legal claim to the motorcycle itself and he would have the title. The fact he doesn't tells me someone has a lien on it

If you PM me your location and the VIN I can check on the status of it.

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Last edited by z064life; 10-08-2012 at 09:11 AM.
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #15
Flexxx

face palm to the infinite extent.......

Yea you have really dug yourself quite a hole here. Walking on thin ice to say the least.

NC STATE LEAD

My 09 R1 Build

Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
Wyno817

Well im not hiding the bike. It's still at his shop, im not trying to do anything illegal, I have spoken to my local police department. So im no worried about any of those things. Bike has insurance and tag are up to date on it. He got pulled over 2 weeks ago on the bike and cops didnt take the bike away. Its so confusing. And cc company said they were gonna repo it about 2 months ago and never came. He called them back an said they were gonna come and get it. But they never show up.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
02SSLE
I eat my R1

Bikes: 08' R1 Raven
That was a pretty ignorant buy BUT I have seen this before, None the less HE owes the credit card company the money if they get the bike back or not. They will not report it stolen becuase the bike was not stolen. It was sold by him so technically he should of "paid it off" but he didnt obviously. Buy a new frame with a title. switch everything over. Give him the old frame and tell the repo people to come pick the bike up and hand them the frame. The Repo guys will stop after that so just collection agency calls will come in for him. They will then sell the frame at auction and make some of their money back. End of story your friend is a ****ing dumbass and is going to owe them out the ass and you could technically for 4xxx have a nice 09 R1 ****ed up way to get it or not. None the less, do NOT drive that bike on the street right now and keep it inside until you get the frame situation figured out or your 3000 is going to be a complete los
08' R1 Raven- PC5/Autotune|M4 Carbon Slip-on's/Akrapovic Y|GPRV4|Driven EVO Chain Kit|Galfer Sintered|ASV C5|K&N|Hotbodies WS|Graves Smog Block-Off's|Powers Race Railz|T-Rex Racing Clutch/Bar Sliders|Graves spools|

02' R1 PARTING OUT-threads on here!
02SSLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
cyclepsycho7
R1, "A Superior Addiction"

Bikes: 06 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
So you come on here to get advice as to how to get away with stealing a bike?

If it was bought with a CC, the CC is unsecured debt so they have no legal claim to the motorcycle itself and he would have the title. The fact he doesn't tells me someone has a lien on it

If you PM me your location and the VIN I can check on the status of it.
, Yes he has. I agree, he should have the Title in hand if paid with a CC. Why he doesn't is anyone's guess.

cyclepsycho7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
R1nStang

just get your money back, return the bike and save yourself the trouble and the headache.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
Wyno817

Ok guys i had the wrong info. He dies have the title. But bike cant be registered because i has a lien on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement