Mom Can't Get Help; Two Sons Die : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
BrnEyzR1
fast toys arent just 4 boys

Bikes: '10 Ducati 1198S Corse / '07 R1--RIP Jack
Mom Can't Get Help; Two Sons Die

I just cannot believe people like this exist. How can you NOT help someone in distress. Seriously?

He is such a liar about a man coming to his door too. How is it that the mother knew about the flower pot SHE threw at his window.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/weather...rs-tragedy.cnn

So...would you guys let a total stranger in your house who desperately needed help?

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
BrnEyzR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnEyzR1 View Post
I just cannot believe people like this exist. How can you NOT help someone in distress. Seriously?

He is such a liar about a man coming to his door too. How is it that the mother knew about the flower pot SHE threw at his window.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/weather...rs-tragedy.cnn

So...would you guys let a total stranger in your house who desperately needed help?
Heard this on the Elvis Durant show this morning on the radio. He starts choking up, I start choking up a little. I will not fault this man, but hell yeah I'll judge him.

Would I help a total stranger? Abso****enlutely. Given the same kind of circumstances. Without a doubt. I wasn't design, built or raised to ignore the helpless and less fortunate. Even at the risk of my own life, I'd help those in need. And that's been proven.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
The fact of the matter is he didn't do anything wrong. If he saw her out there and didn't help, he is a coward; there is no law against being a coward.

I would like to know a couple of thinsg though -

Why was this woman out and about in the hurricane with her kids???

If she was in his backyard throwing stuff at his window, where were the kids during that???

SIG courtesy of petrol!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
BrnEyzR1

I heard this story on the radio today too, and I could not believe how many people said she should have left before the storm, they had plenty of warning...blah blah blah....

I cannot believe how easily people blame the mother... she was trying to leave, we do not know her circumstances anyway and above all we should care for each other in this country ....where is the humanity. What does life boil down too. We should absolutely try to help others if it's within our power. I'm sorry, this just really pisses me off.

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
Old 11-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Thats New York for ya.

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Unfortunately, it's the world we live in. On one hand, the first instinct should be to help people. On the other hand, based on stories the whole country saw about the sheot that went on after Katrina, people aren't going to subject themselves to being a potential victim during such situations.

I have to ask, if she could make it up to the guy's porch to get a flower pot and throw it at the door, why couldn't she take the kids up to the porch, even if they had to stay outside? Emotions can't make this guy fully responsible for what happened, even though it does appear he's a douchebag. And this is ALL assuming the news media has the full story to begin with, which they have proven numerous times they are nearly incapable (or unwilling) to do, in their hast to create "news".
Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Skydvr80
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2009 R1
The sad part is that even during the interview he didn't look like he gave a crap at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Skydvr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
BrnEyzR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
The fact of the matter is he didn't do anything wrong. If he saw her out there and didn't help, he is a coward; there is no law against being a coward.

I would like to know a couple of thinsg though -

Why was this woman out and about in the hurricane with her kids???

If she was in his backyard throwing stuff at his window, where were the kids during that???
That's true, there is no law against not helping someone. But it's really sad and disheartening to know people won't help others in this horrific situation.

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
That's true, there is no law against not helping someone. But it's really sad and disheartening to know people won't help others in this horrific situation.
I agree with you, 100%, it is horrible.

However, we can't have the gov't making cowardice a crime. It is ridiculous. Also, she failed her sons. Whether she decided not to evacuate, or decided too late, or whatever the case may be, the blame lies with the Mother. If she wasn't in that truck with her two sons at that exact moment, would they still eb alive today? Probably so.

Take the emotion out of this Kim and you will see that she is ulitmately responsible for the death of her sons.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
BrnEyzR1

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's the world we live in. On one hand, the first instinct should be to help people. On the other hand, based on stories the whole country saw about the sheot that went on after Katrina, people aren't going to subject themselves to being a potential victim during such situations.

I have to ask, if she could make it up to the guy's porch to get a flower pot and throw it at the door, why couldn't she take the kids up to the porch, even if they had to stay outside? Emotions can't make this guy fully responsible for what happened, even though it does appear he's a douchebag. And this is ALL assuming the news media has the full story to begin with, which they have proven numerous times they are nearly incapable (or unwilling) to do, in their hast to create "news".
You're right, but I find it hard to believe that she made any of her story up. Why would she? What would she get out of it. She was in tremendous desperation.

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
Old 11-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
BrnEyzR1

Quote:
I agree with you, 100%, it is horrible.

However, we can't have the gov't making cowardice a crime. It is ridiculous. Also, she failed her sons. Whether she decided not to evacuate, or decided too late, or whatever the case may be, the blame lies with the Mother. If she wasn't in that truck with her two sons at that exact moment, would they still eb alive today? Probably so.

Take the emotion out of this Kim and you will see that she is ulitmately responsible for the death of her sons.
I just feel so bad for her and the life she is going to have to live. You're right, I am pretty emotional right now.

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
I just feel so bad for her and the life she is going to have to live. You're right, I am pretty emotional right now.
I would think something was wrong with you if you were not emotional. It is expected that you would be.

I feel bad for her sons; I do not feel bad for her. She put them where they are now.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
You're right, but I find it hard to believe that she made any of her story up. Why would she? What would she get out of it. She was in tremendous desperation.
Never underestimate the willingness of people to want to blame everybody else for something they are responsible for. I'm not saying this is the case, but it certainly answers the "why" question in a LOT of cases.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Quote:
I would think something was wrong with you if you were not emotional. It is expected that you would be.

I feel bad for her sons; I do not feel bad for her. She put them where they are now.
I have this same take on the victims of Katrina but people hate on me for it. What did people think was gunna happen living below sea level on the coast? Just like this woman who was more than informed of the impending doom yet was still in the area when the storm arrived.

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #15
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

to break the emotions, I just want to point out to you guys to look at my join date and post count...it's the same.

p.s. Kirk and Frank are both in here.

p.s.s its officially a gay bang.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #16
Stonewall
ROWDY

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
I have to agree with Frank, She made some very bad choices. Shes alive her kids are not! She managed to save herself, she should have done the same for the kids or died trying.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
to break the emotions, I just want to point out to you guys to look at my join date and post count...it's the same.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #18
BrnEyzR1

Yea, I know you guys are right. She is ultimately responsible. I just do not understand people who would not help, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #19
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

For Brneyz. Your welcome.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
Judah Ben-Hur
Oh yeah!

Bikes: '72 Honda Z50, '03 Warrior, '09 R1
It is a sad story all around. Obviously the loss of two lives in this instance makes it harder to bear. We all like to think that we would lend a helping hand when someone is in need. When you have something like that storm in your midst then all bets are off because your probably thinking your life isn't going to be lasting very long. There needs to be more information coming out that could clear up some things. Like Frank said above, why in God's name was she out in the storm to begin with that ultimately lead to the loss of her kids. I'd like to hear that part too but we will have to wait and she will need time to heal if it possible. She can lay blame on that homeowner all she wants but deep down she has to ask herself on her very own failure that started this tragic outcome. We've all probably looked the other way and did our own thing when we knew a big storm was heading our way. Sometimes those decision don't amount to anything but a brave story that can be told. Others don't fair so well.

One side note is thanks to CNN, that guy has a target on his back whether he deserves it or not. My first reaction after hearing about it was the lives lost but then it lead to some very dangerous reporting in my book. The guy is in a no win situation because some of this is he said, she said. If kids are involved, he's toast.