Benghazi...contrast to Somalia : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Benghazi...contrast to Somalia

Every guy here who has ever worn the uniform know YOU DON"T LEAVE MEN BEHIND! Whether they served in combat or not, they know. Regardless of what branch, we LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND! I can directly relate to this. I spent 1/3 of my tour as quick reaction force commander and have never stalled when I was needed. I am furious and I will say this is the main reason I'm voting for someone else. I'm almost at a loss for words.

http://rhinoden.rangerup.com/a-tale-of-four-heroes/
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
hawk71
Viva La Figa

Bikes: 03 Liquid Silver
Thank God they were there. It would've been a whole lot worse, to say the least.

The crimes committed of the administration that day should not go unpunished. I wish they would be thrown in jail for that.

"No. You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."~Marco Simoncelli

R1-016 `Venom` Squadron

NESBA #71
hawk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
ko66
dont follow me if ur scared

Bikes: 2003 R1
Don't forget desert storm a navy pilot was shot down and a rescue crew was never sent. Our history is full of this im just saying !
ko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
ocbpartee05
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2004 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk71 View Post
Thank God they were there. It would've been a whole lot worse, to say the least.

The crimes committed of the administration that day should not go unpunished. I wish they would be thrown in jail for that.
Someone should attack the Whitehouse and backup should be denied multiple times. I wonder how Obama and his administration would feel about that?

Last edited by ocbpartee05; 11-03-2012 at 05:21 AM.
ocbpartee05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko66 View Post
Don't forget desert storm a navy pilot was shot down and a rescue crew was never sent. Our history is full of this im just saying !
I don't remember reading too much about the history your just saying.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
hawk71
Viva La Figa

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
I don't remember reading too much about the history your just saying.
He's talking about Cpt Scott Speicher.

"No. You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."~Marco Simoncelli

R1-016 `Venom` Squadron

NESBA #71

Last edited by hawk71; 11-03-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
Quote:
Every guy here who has ever worn the uniform know YOU DON"T LEAVE MEN BEHIND! Whether they served in combat or not, they know. Regardless of what branch, we LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND! I can directly relate to this. I spent 1/3 of my tour as quick reaction force commander and have never stalled when I was needed. I am furious and I will say this is the main reason I'm voting for someone else. I'm almost at a loss for words.

http://rhinoden.rangerup.com/a-tale-of-four-heroes/
You don't honestly believe Obama is involved in every military decision that happens do you? The commanders in charge made the decision and Obama heard about it hours after it happened when it all went bad.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
You don't honestly believe Obama is involved in every military decision that happens do you? The commanders in charge made the decision and Obama heard about it hours after it happened when it all went bad.
So he only makes military decision after SEAL snipers take out Somali pirates? He only makes military decision after SEALS successfully brought to justice the most wanted man in American history? You honestly believe I'm so ill informed on how things work in the different sectors of our country?

I post this article to show commitment of those who fought alongside each other. I threw in my disgust for what ultimately ended up happening, but it has nothing to do with political parties or agendas. It definitely brings in to questions what is going on at the operations level. We know the strategy in that area. We saw the after math of tactics, but it's obvious the consumer of intelligence have grossly failed. The collectors and gatherers did their part. Analysts did their part. Consumers...someone up there owes this country an explanation.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
Actually the decision not to support came from civilians in the DoS and the WH. An email was sent during the attack to the DoS and the WH staff. POTUS knew about it as soon as the email was received. There were many, many assets in the area, in the air and on the ground. They denied the support.

Those that actually lived through the attack only lived because of the men at the annex disobeyed and went to the compound anyway.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
hawk71
Viva La Figa

This popped up on my FB page....

R1-016 `Venom` Squadron

NESBA #71
Old 11-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
I assume you have all heard what the father of the murdered Navy Seal has to say? Sickening.... Biden even walks up and ask him if his son always had big balls. This is while the casket is being unloaded off the plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wTfyN-PGIDk

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
ko66

Honestly look back in history at all the embassy attacks before Coming down on just one.
If you look back this is not the only time this has happened!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Quote:
Honestly look back in history at all the embassy attacks before Coming down on just one.
If you look back this is not the only time this has happened!
No shit? You don't say? This is my generation and this is relevant to me. Intel was gathered, analyzed and passed up the chain. The very top failed to act on it. This is where it gets to me. That shit does not fly. You can bring up the past 'til your face turns blue. But if you believe the ingorance of lessons learned to in turn validate the notion of history repeating itself, then you are absolutely as blind as the those who were consuming this intelligence.

I'm coming down on this one because I have a vote and I served with the likes of those who were left to die in this attack. You have a ****en problem, then counter my vote for the other guy with your vote for your guy. Problem solved.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
ko66

Quote:
No shit? You don't say? This is my generation and this is relevant to me. Intel was gathered, analyzed and passed up the chain. The very top failed to act on it. This is where it gets to me. That shit does not fly. You can bring up the past 'til your face turns blue. But if you believe the ingorance of lessons learned to in turn validate the notion of history repeating itself, then you are absolutely as blind as the those who were consuming this intelligence.

I'm coming down on this one because I have a vote and I served with the likes of those who were left to die in this attack. You have a ****en problem, then counter my vote for the other guy with your vote for your guy. Problem solved.
First relax i am not mad there's no reason for you to be. Here's where we have a issue you assume this doesn't fall under my generation. You also assume i have never served in the military. This is the third president i have served under and I'm still serving. I lost my first friend on the USS Cole and that was just the first. Regardless of what has happened past mistakes are reoccurring. Faulty intelligence is just that faulty there's no way around it. We honestly don't know who did or did not do the job right just what the media reports. So chill if you had friends or family that was in the attack then I'm sorry. If not do like most people take what you hear as just an opinion and not news and pray for the victims and families.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #15
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
First relax i am not mad there's no reason for you to be. Here's where we have a issue you assume this doesn't fall under my generation. You also assume i have never served in the military. This is the third president i have served under and I'm still serving. I lost my first friend on the USS Cole and that was just the first. Regardless of what has happened past mistakes are reoccurring. Faulty intelligence is just that faulty there's no way around it. We honestly don't know who did or did not do the job right just what the media reports. So chill if you had friends or family that was in the attack then I'm sorry. If not do like most people take what you hear as just an opinion and not news and pray for the victims and families.

Actually, we know a lot more about who knew now:

The number of State Department security agents at the compound in Benghazi fluctuated, sometimes dipping to as few as two. Five American security agents were at the compound on Sept. 11 — three stationed there and two traveling with Mr. Stevens.

In addition to the Americans, there were several armed Libyans who served as a quick-reaction force. The Americans were also able to call on the February 17 Martyrs Brigade, a militia supportive of the Libyan government. Yet another small group of Libyan guards stood watch at the gates and perimeter of the compound, but this group was unarmed and equipped with only whistles and batons.

When it came to weapons, the American security team was outgunned. The Americans were equipped with M4 rifles and side arms. But Libya was rife with rocket-propelled grenades, machine guns, mortars and AK-47s.

At one point, Mr. Nordstrom, the regional security officer, proposed establishing guard towers, but the State Department rejected that on the grounds that it would make the compound more conspicuous.

On June 6, a bomb was planted near the American Mission’s outer wall, blowing out a 12-foot-wide hole.

On June 11, the lead vehicle of the British ambassador’s convoy was hit by an armor-piercing rocket-propelled grenade, wounding a British medic and driver.

The British envoy left Benghazi the next day, and the British post in the city was closed on June 17. About the same time, the Red Cross in the city pulled out after it was attacked a second time.

The embassy had also established a series of “trip wires,” classified benchmarks about intelligence on attack preparations or escalating unrest that would prompt the United States to evacuate the Benghazi compound. But the trip wires were not set off.

New security cameras with night vision capability were shipped to the Benghazi compound but were still sitting in crates when the September attack occurred.

By early September, some Libyan officials in Benghazi were echoing the same security warnings as Mr. Stevens was relaying to Washington.

“I was extremely pleased with the planning to get us into Libya,” Mr. Nordstrom said. But after the initial security teams began rotating out of Libya months later, he said, “there was a complete and total absence of planning.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/wo...zi-attack.html

And the email itself; look at the date and time -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Benghazi-e-mail_s640x427-640x320.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	476320  

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #16
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
And why isn't the media burning Obama at the stake??

They'd push to impeach bush over this crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #17
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
And why isn't the media burning Obama at the stake??

They'd push to impeach bush over this crap
It's fairly obvious. Take a wild guess.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #18
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Quote:

I didn't intend to be so fired up over this. Thank you for still serving.

I must be adamant in reminding you that there was no faulty intelligence with Benghazi. It was gathered and collected then it was scrutinzed and analyzed and it was presented. There are no opinions on this. Just facts. The facts definitely implies the consumers of intelligence failed to act accordingly.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
I didn't intend to be so fired up over this. Thank you for still serving.

I must be adamant in reminding you that there was no faulty intelligence with Benghazi. It was gathered and collected then it was scrutinzed and analyzed and it was presented. There are no opinions on this. Just facts. The facts definitely implies the consumers of intelligence failed to act accordingly.

It was all meant to give a "friendly face" to the islamists in Eastern Libya, which ultimately cost the lives of Americans with this absurd and ridiculous "tactic".

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #20
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post

It was all meant to give a "friendly face" to the islamists in Eastern Libya, which ultimately cost the lives of Americans with this absurd and ridiculous "tactic".
Some folk just don't get it that we're not at war with Islam. We're at war with extremists, radicals and fundementalists. This administration's tactics prove there's too much of a generalization and assumption of Muslims. Political correctness caused us American lives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement