Benghazi...contrast to Somalia : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,302
Benghazi...contrast to Somalia

Every guy here who has ever worn the uniform know YOU DON"T LEAVE MEN BEHIND! Whether they served in combat or not, they know. Regardless of what branch, we LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND! I can directly relate to this. I spent 1/3 of my tour as quick reaction force commander and have never stalled when I was needed. I am furious and I will say this is the main reason I'm voting for someone else. I'm almost at a loss for words.

http://rhinoden.rangerup.com/a-tale-of-four-heroes/
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
hawk71
Viva La Figa
 
hawk71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Bikes: 03 Liquid Silver
Location: Tha Gump {Charleston, S.C. Native}
Posts: 3,991
Thank God they were there. It would've been a whole lot worse, to say the least.

The crimes committed of the administration that day should not go unpunished. I wish they would be thrown in jail for that.
__________________


"No. You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."~Marco Simoncelli

R1-016 `Venom` Squadron


NESBA #71
hawk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
ko66
dont follow me if ur scared
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Bikes: 2003 R1
Location: Lancaster, Ca
Posts: 1,077
Don't forget desert storm a navy pilot was shot down and a rescue crew was never sent. Our history is full of this im just saying !
ko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
ocbpartee05
I eat my R1
 
ocbpartee05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Bikes: 2004 R1
Location: Chesterland, Ohio
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk71 View Post
Thank God they were there. It would've been a whole lot worse, to say the least.

The crimes committed of the administration that day should not go unpunished. I wish they would be thrown in jail for that.
Someone should attack the Whitehouse and backup should be denied multiple times. I wonder how Obama and his administration would feel about that?

Last edited by ocbpartee05; 11-03-2012 at 05:21 AM.
ocbpartee05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ko66 View Post
Don't forget desert storm a navy pilot was shot down and a rescue crew was never sent. Our history is full of this im just saying !
I don't remember reading too much about the history your just saying.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
hawk71
Viva La Figa
 
hawk71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Bikes: 03 Liquid Silver
Location: Tha Gump {Charleston, S.C. Native}
Posts: 3,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
I don't remember reading too much about the history your just saying.
He's talking about Cpt Scott Speicher.
__________________


"No. You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."~Marco Simoncelli

R1-016 `Venom` Squadron


NESBA #71

Last edited by hawk71; 11-03-2012 at 11:11 AM.
hawk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson
 
MANOWAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
Every guy here who has ever worn the uniform know YOU DON"T LEAVE MEN BEHIND! Whether they served in combat or not, they know. Regardless of what branch, we LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND! I can directly relate to this. I spent 1/3 of my tour as quick reaction force commander and have never stalled when I was needed. I am furious and I will say this is the main reason I'm voting for someone else. I'm almost at a loss for words.

http://rhinoden.rangerup.com/a-tale-of-four-heroes/
You don't honestly believe Obama is involved in every military decision that happens do you? The commanders in charge made the decision and Obama heard about it hours after it happened when it all went bad.
__________________


PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
You don't honestly believe Obama is involved in every military decision that happens do you? The commanders in charge made the decision and Obama heard about it hours after it happened when it all went bad.
So he only makes military decision after SEAL snipers take out Somali pirates? He only makes military decision after SEALS successfully brought to justice the most wanted man in American history? You honestly believe I'm so ill informed on how things work in the different sectors of our country?

I post this article to show commitment of those who fought alongside each other. I threw in my disgust for what ultimately ended up happening, but it has nothing to do with political parties or agendas. It definitely brings in to questions what is going on at the operations level. We know the strategy in that area. We saw the after math of tactics, but it's obvious the consumer of intelligence have grossly failed. The collectors and gatherers did their part. Analysts did their part. Consumers...someone up there owes this country an explanation.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
You don't honestly believe Obama is involved in every military decision that happens do you? The commanders in charge made the decision and Obama heard about it hours after it happened when it all went bad.
Actually the decision not to support came from civilians in the DoS and the WH. An email was sent during the attack to the DoS and the WH staff. POTUS knew about it as soon as the email was received. There were many, many assets in the area, in the air and on the ground. They denied the support.

Those that actually lived through the attack only lived because of the men at the annex disobeyed and went to the compound anyway.
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
hawk71
Viva La Figa
 
hawk71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Bikes: 03 Liquid Silver
Location: Tha Gump {Charleston, S.C. Native}
Posts: 3,991
This popped up on my FB page....

__________________


"No. You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."~Marco Simoncelli

R1-016 `Venom` Squadron


NESBA #71
hawk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
lobsterhound
................
 
lobsterhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Location: Harrington Maine
Posts: 4,184
I assume you have all heard what the father of the murdered Navy Seal has to say? Sickening.... Biden even walks up and ask him if his son always had big balls. This is while the casket is being unloaded off the plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wTfyN-PGIDk
__________________

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
ko66
dont follow me if ur scared
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Bikes: 2003 R1
Location: Lancaster, Ca
Posts: 1,077
Honestly look back in history at all the embassy attacks before Coming down on just one.
If you look back this is not the only time this has happened!
ko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ko66 View Post
Honestly look back in history at all the embassy attacks before Coming down on just one.
If you look back this is not the only time this has happened!
No shit? You don't say? This is my generation and this is relevant to me. Intel was gathered, analyzed and passed up the chain. The very top failed to act on it. This is where it gets to me. That shit does not fly. You can bring up the past 'til your face turns blue. But if you believe the ingorance of lessons learned to in turn validate the notion of history repeating itself, then you are absolutely as blind as the those who were consuming this intelligence.

I'm coming down on this one because I have a vote and I served with the likes of those who were left to die in this attack. You have a ****en problem, then counter my vote for the other guy with your vote for your guy. Problem solved.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
ko66
dont follow me if ur scared
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Bikes: 2003 R1
Location: Lancaster, Ca
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
No shit? You don't say? This is my generation and this is relevant to me. Intel was gathered, analyzed and passed up the chain. The very top failed to act on it. This is where it gets to me. That shit does not fly. You can bring up the past 'til your face turns blue. But if you believe the ingorance of lessons learned to in turn validate the notion of history repeating itself, then you are absolutely as blind as the those who were consuming this intelligence.

I'm coming down on this one because I have a vote and I served with the likes of those who were left to die in this attack. You have a ****en problem, then counter my vote for the other guy with your vote for your guy. Problem solved.
First relax i am not mad there's no reason for you to be. Here's where we have a issue you assume this doesn't fall under my generation. You also assume i have never served in the military. This is the third president i have served under and I'm still serving. I lost my first friend on the USS Cole and that was just the first. Regardless of what has happened past mistakes are reoccurring. Faulty intelligence is just that faulty there's no way around it. We honestly don't know who did or did not do the job right just what the media reports. So chill if you had friends or family that was in the attack then I'm sorry. If not do like most people take what you hear as just an opinion and not news and pray for the victims and families.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
ko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #15
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ko66 View Post
First relax i am not mad there's no reason for you to be. Here's where we have a issue you assume this doesn't fall under my generation. You also assume i have never served in the military. This is the third president i have served under and I'm still serving. I lost my first friend on the USS Cole and that was just the first. Regardless of what has happened past mistakes are reoccurring. Faulty intelligence is just that faulty there's no way around it. We honestly don't know who did or did not do the job right just what the media reports. So chill if you had friends or family that was in the attack then I'm sorry. If not do like most people take what you hear as just an opinion and not news and pray for the victims and families.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
Actually, we know a lot more about who knew now:

The number of State Department security agents at the compound in Benghazi fluctuated, sometimes dipping to as few as two. Five American security agents were at the compound on Sept. 11 — three stationed there and two traveling with Mr. Stevens.

In addition to the Americans, there were several armed Libyans who served as a quick-reaction force. The Americans were also able to call on the February 17 Martyrs Brigade, a militia supportive of the Libyan government. Yet another small group of Libyan guards stood watch at the gates and perimeter of the compound, but this group was unarmed and equipped with only whistles and batons.

When it came to weapons, the American security team was outgunned. The Americans were equipped with M4 rifles and side arms. But Libya was rife with rocket-propelled grenades, machine guns, mortars and AK-47s.

At one point, Mr. Nordstrom, the regional security officer, proposed establishing guard towers, but the State Department rejected that on the grounds that it would make the compound more conspicuous.

On June 6, a bomb was planted near the American Mission’s outer wall, blowing out a 12-foot-wide hole.


On June 11, the lead vehicle of the British ambassador’s convoy was hit by an armor-piercing rocket-propelled grenade, wounding a British medic and driver.


The British envoy left Benghazi the next day, and the British post in the city was closed on June 17. About the same time, the Red Cross in the city pulled out after it was attacked a second time.


The embassy had also established a series of “trip wires,” classified benchmarks about intelligence on attack preparations or escalating unrest that would prompt the United States to evacuate the Benghazi compound. But the trip wires were not set off.

New security cameras with night vision capability were shipped to the Benghazi compound but were still sitting in crates when the September attack occurred.

By early September, some Libyan officials in Benghazi were echoing the same security warnings as Mr. Stevens was relaying to Washington.

“I was extremely pleased with the planning to get us into Libya,” Mr. Nordstrom said. But after the initial security teams began rotating out of Libya months later, he said, “there was a complete and total absence of planning.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/wo...zi-attack.html


And the email itself; look at the date and time -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Benghazi-e-mail_s640x427-640x320.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	476320  
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #16
Gearheaded
Venom X/O
 
Gearheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,682
And why isn't the media burning Obama at the stake??

They'd push to impeach bush over this crap
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #17
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
And why isn't the media burning Obama at the stake??

They'd push to impeach bush over this crap
It's fairly obvious. Take a wild guess.
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #18
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ko66 View Post
First relax i am not mad there's no reason for you to be. Here's where we have a issue you assume this doesn't fall under my generation. You also assume i have never served in the military. This is the third president i have served under and I'm still serving. I lost my first friend on the USS Cole and that was just the first. Regardless of what has happened past mistakes are reoccurring. Faulty intelligence is just that faulty there's no way around it. We honestly don't know who did or did not do the job right just what the media reports. So chill if you had friends or family that was in the attack then I'm sorry. If not do like most people take what you hear as just an opinion and not news and pray for the victims and families.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
I didn't intend to be so fired up over this. Thank you for still serving.

I must be adamant in reminding you that there was no faulty intelligence with Benghazi. It was gathered and collected then it was scrutinzed and analyzed and it was presented. There are no opinions on this. Just facts. The facts definitely implies the consumers of intelligence failed to act accordingly.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
I didn't intend to be so fired up over this. Thank you for still serving.

I must be adamant in reminding you that there was no faulty intelligence with Benghazi. It was gathered and collected then it was scrutinzed and analyzed and it was presented. There are no opinions on this. Just facts. The facts definitely implies the consumers of intelligence failed to act accordingly.


It was all meant to give a "friendly face" to the islamists in Eastern Libya, which ultimately cost the lives of Americans with this absurd and ridiculous "tactic".
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #20
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post


It was all meant to give a "friendly face" to the islamists in Eastern Libya, which ultimately cost the lives of Americans with this absurd and ridiculous "tactic".
Some folk just don't get it that we're not at war with Islam. We're at war with extremists, radicals and fundementalists. This administration's tactics prove there's too much of a generalization and assumption of Muslims. Political correctness caused us American lives.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.