Speed maybe changing names and formats : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
ryanp77
Track Addict

Bikes: Have 05 R6 want 10 R1
Speed maybe changing names and formats

I just read this on RoadRacingWorlds website
If they do I am for sure canceling the channel

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=50351
ryanp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
Sondebeech
Don't put doubts in your mind

Bikes: 2006 Triumph Daytona
I feel bad for you guys stuck with that pos channel, guess not even 24/7 coverage of nascar could save them
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm123 View Post
Would they also have to outlaw periods? Ejecting an unfertilized egg every month denies the unfertilized a chance to get on welfare!
Sondebeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
I hate speed as it sits.. This complicates things because my service provider also licks donkey ass

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
CBR240
Is it Deals Gap time yet?

Bikes: 2007 R6
"SPEED" when it first came on the air as "Speedvision" was awesome. Anyone remember the psycho-cop commercials? OMG! some of them were great. And they had "two wheel Tuesday" where for 24 hours each week they showed only motorcycle stuff. I loved that channel!

Then they became more main stream.

Then they changed their name to SPEED.

Then they had "Wind Tunnel" with Dave Despain, and a listener asked what happened to "two wheel Tuesday", and Dave called his wind bag 1 hours show on Tuesday "Two Wheel Tuesday", and responded to the listener in a very demeaning and inappropriate manner that this show was "two wheel Tuesday" and the listener was obviously clueless. I decided Dave was a self absorbed clueless wind bag ass hole, and now turn the channel when ever his pathetic self appears. What a first rate ass hole. Did I mention I think Dave Despain is a ass hole? It deserves staing at least 1,000,000 more times. Dave Despain is a clueless ass hole X 1,000,000.

And from there it has been all down hill (to me, I understand others feel differently). Seems on it's way to be the 24 hour NASCAR channel, which is fine, but it's not at all what it used to be; nor something I want to watch (but if you do that's cool).
CBR240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #5
Guate
♠♣♦♥

Bikes: 13 RSV4--09 R6--14 KTM 690
Bastards !!!
Guate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
smalltrack
big tracks scare me

Bikes: 07 R6, 09 R1
Fcuk Speed. RFM is where it's at. Glad I was able to get in.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
KoC-BlocER1
Turn and Burn!

Bikes: '09 R1 (Sold) ~ 2012 R1
Talk about kick a drowning sport when it is down! I hope they don't do this. All you hear about is Dorna trying to get more publicity to the sport..bigger grids..crt..etc. I know this isn't Moto..but still DAM good racing and needs to be covered!
KoC-BlocER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Jonrone
Decisions

Bikes: S1000RR
Hopefully the 24 hour NASCAR channel doesn't keep AMA or motorcycle racing coverage. I would rather see it go to a network that wants to air the races with real commentary and network support. Instead "Speed" will preempt live racing and show 5 year old reruns of some bald dick head (who can't ride) dropping his arms. Only to show the race at 3:00AM. Can't set the DVR from the channel guide because I end up with 2 hours or post race NASCAR coverage. Really....Post race coverage of NASCAR races aired on another network. Then then post race motorcycle coverage, about 1 minute for all three riders that finish on the box.

It has to be better on another network.......
Jonrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
ryanp77
Track Addict

Bikes: Have 05 R6 want 10 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR240 View Post
"SPEED" when it first came on the air as "Speedvision" was awesome. Anyone remember the psycho-cop commercials? OMG! some of them were great. And they had "two wheel Tuesday" where for 24 hours each week they showed only motorcycle stuff. I loved that channel!

Then they became more main stream.

Then they changed their name to SPEED.

Then they had "Wind Tunnel" with Dave Despain, and a listener asked what happened to "two wheel Tuesday", and Dave called his wind bag 1 hours show on Tuesday "Two Wheel Tuesday", and responded to the listener in a very demeaning and inappropriate manner that this show was "two wheel Tuesday" and the listener was obviously clueless. I decided Dave was a self absorbed clueless wind bag ass hole, and now turn the channel when ever his pathetic self appears. What a first rate ass hole. Did I mention I think Dave Despain is a ass hole? It deserves staing at least 1,000,000 more times. Dave Despain is a clueless ass hole X 1,000,000.

And from there it has been all down hill (to me, I understand others feel differently). Seems on it's way to be the 24 hour NASCAR channel, which is fine, but it's not at all what it used to be; nor something I want to watch (but if you do that's cool).
I do remember Speedvision and Two Wheel Tuesday, and that was when it was at its best. I am not fan of how they treat motorcycle racing and motorcycle programs in general. I know its become Nascar tv but I still think it sucks that they may do away with AMA mortorcycle racing.AMA needs as much help as it can get right now and the potential of it not being on the won't help
ryanp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement