Ebay's MDI Carbon Fiber : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
Dai.
"What"

Bikes: 2005 Lava Red R1 12" Hayabusa 2005 Raven R1 *SOLD*
Ebay's MDI Carbon Fiber

Has anybody had direct contact with them either through Ebay or their email?. I messaged them on Tuesday and still haven't received anything back.

Also any feedback on the quality of their products would be greatly appreciated.

Dai.
Dai. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Maybe took an early Thanksgiving break?

Shoot iGoldeneye a PM, he's pretty intimate with them
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #3
Dai.
"What"

Bikes: 2005 Lava Red R1 12" Hayabusa 2005 Raven R1 *SOLD*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb View Post

Shit,didn't know it was Thanksgiving over there. Shall wait til he chimes in.

Thanks anyway
Dai. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
rossm
Honda's Grrrrr

Bikes: '02 Yamaha R1, '98 Kawasaki ZX9R, '06 Gilera Nexus 500, '05 Gilera DNA180, '03 Yamaha TW125
I've got some of their (MDi) bits on my bike, the fit is crap and they where delivered in shockingly bad condition, really badly packaged & I wouldn't use them again/ the side panels in this case.

If I was doing it again and it's getting harder to get these sort of bits for the earlier bikes I'd go with sebimoto, got their tank cover on my bike

Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Kevap
I'm the angry mod! LOL

Bikes: 00 R1 Sold, 05 R1 Sold, 10 Black R1, 15 R1 NEXT!
There's a guy selling some MDI mid fairings and they were delivered with cracks in the fairings. I'd stay far far away from any eGay carbon parts.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347682

sig pic courtesy of THE GODFATHER!

Greenstreak quote from Baber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300
Kevap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
easbaysav
Not every man really lives

Bikes: 03 GSX-R600 (Sold) 06 R1 50th (RIP) 09 R1 (Sold) 09 R6 (Track) 14 D675R
I custom ordered some CF from them (100% twill CF) while I was in Japan and their responses were quick via email. Contacted them off their website, not fleabay though.

The bits I ordered arrived with no issues from shipping. The bits are the inner mids and the "c" shaped panels by the intake ducts. They're smaller pieces and I had no fitment issues. Some of the weave wasn't perfectly straight through and through on one of the the "c" panels and one inner mid, but I can live with it. One "c" panel had a minor blemish under the epoxy also.

Other CF bits on my bike (minus the BSTs, heel guards, and exhaust): the front fender is from 1CarbonTech, the rear SBK hugger is from LacoMoto, and the overflow reservoir cover is from Tekarbon. I had no fitment issues with any of the bits I have. I could probably nit pick minor blemishes/imperfections here and there on every piece, but they are very minute and the overall condition is excellent.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
Ironhorz
Love that Crossplane...

Bikes: '12 50th Anniversary WGP Replica R1 #1277, 2005 R1: SOLD, 2001 R1: SOLD
I've personally got nothing but great things to say about them. All of the parts I've purchased through them have been top notch and arrived very quickly. I even had a small issue with a mixed up part and that was fixed very quickly as well.

Shots of their parts can be seen in my build if you're looking for more input.

With that said, I will continue to use them as I decide to purchase more carbon parts.

Thanks Petrol Spice

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

2012 R1 WGP 50th Anniversary #1277 Build Click here...
Ironhorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
iGoldeneye
WERA? \_(ツ)_/ #21

Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1 Raven - '04 GSXR600 (track) - 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb View Post

I must be really into my work to miss these threads...

+1 Like Ironhorz said, nothing but great things from MDI. They are local to me, so I really cannot comment on the communication, which should be good because I call the business line all the time and Ioni answers

MDI has a ton of carbon fiber projects currently in progress (you'd be surprised what they can make in CF), and is a family owned business, so do not expect immediate responses during the holiday season like all other private business

If you are having any issues contacting MDI or have questions about ordering from MDI you're more than welcome to shoot me a PM

I feel like the MDI ambassador on this forum

Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21

View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post

Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Better late than never I always say
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #10
marshdrummer
Lucky 13 X/O

Bikes: 2011 R1
I have 3 exhaust heat shields from them....Quality looks great. Haven't tried to fit them yet. there was an issue with one of them...they contacted me to tell about the issue and resolved it quickly. It the fit is good on the shields, I am going to buy the tank sides....

LRRS AM
RSP Racing #920
Sponsors: Pirelli, Tony's trackdays, Motorcycle Tires and Gear, Dyno Solutions, Sportbike Track Gear, Knox, Woodcraft, 434racer.com
marshdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement