Akrapovic exhaust spares - where to : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Cerbyr1
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Akrapovic exhaust spares - where to

ok so i had an indiscretion at the hayshed at Phillip island and now need to fix/replace the right hand side canister.

does anyone know who stocks spare parts? i have emailed riders discount and few other places and they are trying to chase it down but i was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

i need a carbon end cap, ti sleeve, link pipe and the carbon hanger plus all the rivets and straps. alternatively i would be happy to just buy the complete canister.

any help would be great. its for an 07/08 r1 and its an evo 2 full ti system.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
RedDevil154
R1 pilot

Bikes: 08 Candy Red R1
eBay has some
RedDevil154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Kevap
I'm the angry mod! LOL

Bikes: 00 R1 Sold, 05 R1 Sold, 10 Black R1, 15 R1 NEXT!
Never used them before... but check this out.

https://store.58cycle.com/category_s/163.htm

sig pic courtesy of THE GODFATHER!

Greenstreak quote from Baber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300
Kevap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Cerbyr1

^^ yeah i have emailed them and it does seem they can get the spare parts. only problem is that they want either a bank wire trasfer or western union money order.. which makes me feel slightly uneasy..

they wont take a credit card from outside of the US or paypal it seems. has anyone deal with them? are they reliable?

worst case i suppose i might just use my mates US credit card to cover myself bit better.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Redistribution Supplier

Bikes: 07 R1, 08 KTM 450
Will they take a bank wire transfer through PayPal ?

That's what I had to do when I bought stuff from Japan..I don't have a credit card and my bank wouldn't let me charge something online out of country.

Let me know how it works with 58cycle,I have been contemplating buying an exhaust through them..they have great prices on a lot of stuff.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Angrywasp
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2001 Zuki TL1000R
I've heard several bad things about 58cycle on a number of forums (never dealt with them myself) but if they're the only option it is what it is. Generally involved lousy customer service, slow shipping, and almost impossible to return parts.
2008 Raven R1 - LSL sliders, LP Aero flushies, Graves fender eliminator. SOLD
R1-016 'Venom' Squadron #61
Sig courtesy of Petrol
Angrywasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
burn-z
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1
Shoot a pm to Brad "lexusrx" at Superbike Supply. He's a vendor and sells Akrapovic. He got me some replacement carbon sleeves and end caps for my EVO2 system. Akrapovic US won't sell directly to the public and you must go through an authorized dealer. Be prepared to pay though. End caps were about $100 each and a sleeve was around $300. I got one of the last sleeves left and was told in the future you will not be able to purchase just the carbon sleeve and would have to buy the entire assembly from the y pipe on as a single unit. I can only imagine what that will cost. You should just get SSPilot's full EVO 2 system and save some money...

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...992&highlight=

edited to add I just saw yours is an '07-'08 system so scratch SSPilot's system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Radley View Post
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit

Last edited by burn-z; 11-28-2012 at 06:56 PM.
burn-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
Death R1
99 R1

Bikes: 99 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevap View Post
Never used them before... but check this out.

https://store.58cycle.com/category_s/163.htm
I have used them to rebuild / resleeve a CF muffler I purchased off of ebay for my 99R1.

It worked fine and shipping was fast. I ordered through their shop cart.

"In pursuit of more speed with the same power"

my "back from the dead" thread:
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263176

99 R1 parts for sale :
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307491
Death R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
gsxcorey
MummyMan

Bikes: 1999 r1, 07 GSXR 1k
We can get you akra replacement parts. They can take a while at times if they are not in stock, but we do sell all the replacement parts that Akra makes

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #10
Dai.
"What"

Bikes: 2005 Lava Red R1 12" Hayabusa 2005 Raven R1 *SOLD*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
We can get you akra replacement parts. They can take a while at times if they are not in stock, but we do sell all the replacement parts that Akra makes
Don't you guys only post within the US though?
Dai. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
Cerbyr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
Shoot a pm to Brad "lexusrx" at Superbike Supply. He's a vendor and sells Akrapovic. He got me some replacement carbon sleeves and end caps for my EVO2 system. Akrapovic US won't sell directly to the public and you must go through an authorized dealer. Be prepared to pay though. End caps were about $100 each and a sleeve was around $300. I got one of the last sleeves left and was told in the future you will not be able to purchase just the carbon sleeve and would have to buy the entire assembly from the y pipe on as a single unit. I can only imagine what that will cost.
I got in touch with Bryan from Riders Discount and he chased up the parts for me and looking at the prices he quoted they're very fair!! so i am going to try them i think given the customer service. The first one to reply out of the bunch of places i emailed.

the link pipe is the killer though! $400! had a look at mine and since its just gently pitted by the gravel rash i might leave on the bike.

but the rest of the rebuild kit should see me fix my can for about $350 total including new end cap and hanger. but my is a ti can not carbon. we'll see how it goes!

if someone does know of a second hand full evo system out there for sale at a decent price let me know though! i am racing so chances are i will bend the cans at some point again
Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
Cerbyr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
damn.. just saw that! didnt realise that you guys sold spares too!

any chance you can send me a PM with a quick quote for those parts? :-)

sleeve ti, end cap, link pipe and carbon hanger bracket? all for a right hand side can.