Loving Anonymous : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 12-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
BrnEyzR1
fast toys arent just 4 boys

Bikes: '10 Ducati 1198S Corse / '07 R1--RIP Jack
Loving Anonymous

Picketing funerals of fallen U.S. soldiers isnít enough for the Kansas-based church. Now it plans to protest outside the site of the Connecticut massacre. The 'hacktivist' organization has responded, as have others Ė a petition on the White House website to declare the church a hate group has already gathered 100,000 signatures.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2FMi6QhxZ

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
BrnEyzR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Thanks for :reposting all of this

These people sicken me though

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Im torn on this. I don't like a single thing the group stands for and I find their actions sickening. Yet at the same time I dont like falling into the "that offends me, make it illegal" group.

I dont think they should be able to harass people at funerals etc... but if they are protesting out of the view and ear shot of the individuals then I honestly do not know if I am comfortable rallying behind anyone trying to shut them up. As much as we may hate the things they say they have a constitutional right to say it.

edit: I have no issue with the group anonymous attacking them. Its just the possible involvement of the government I dont like. We do not need to give them an inch on free speech. They have shown they will take a mile if we do

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington

Last edited by lobsterhound; 12-17-2012 at 06:21 PM.
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterhound View Post
Im torn on this. I don't like a single thing the group stands for and I find their actions sickening. Yet at the same time I dont like falling into the "that offends me, make it illegal" group.

I dont think they should be able to harass people at funerals etc... but if they are protesting out of the view and ear shot of the individuals then I honestly do not know if I am comfortable rallying behind anyone trying to shut them up. As much as we may hate the things they say they have a constitutional right to say it.
The pros and cons of living in the free world I presume. "Everyone" is entitled to their opinion....

The ultimate catch 22

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 12-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
BrnEyzR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Thanks for :reposting all of this

These people sicken me though
uh oh....sorry

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
lobsterhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnEyzR1 View Post
uh oh....sorry
your allowed to make :rory's

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
BrnEyzR1

Quote:
your allowed to make :rory's
I am!?

Yes!

Thanks!!!!

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
Old 12-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
Moonlighter
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2008 Ducati 1098R, 2005 Honda RC51
Quote:
I am!?

Yes!

Thanks!!!!

With that Avatar, you could start stunting Gixxers and we'd still love you.

Moonlighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 12-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #10
stop2think
I eat my R1

Quote:

edit: I have no issue with the group anonymous attacking them. Its just the possible involvement of the government I dont like. We do not need to give them an inch on free speech. They have shown they will take a mile if we do
I'm not so sure it is even their opinion, this type of BS is how the members of Westboro make their living. They aren't spreading a message, they purposely try to get people to react to their protests in a violent manner so that they can sue them. They don't protest out of ideology, they protest to make money. Sick sick people.
stop2think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop2think View Post
I'm not so sure it is even their opinion, this type of BS is how the members of Westboro make their living. They aren't spreading a message, they purposely try to get people to react to their protests in a violent manner so that they can sue them. They don't protest out of ideology, they protest to make money. Sick sick people.
Can't blame them.

The right to a "fair" trial was lost a long time ago. They abuse the system like everyone else who sues for stuff like this

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
jraad
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2009 R1 & 1999 R1

These people make me laugh so much..
jraad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #13
stop2think
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Can't blame them.

The right to a "fair" trial was lost a long time ago. They abuse the system like everyone else who sues for stuff like this
I don't know of any other organization which actively seek it out like this. Their M.O. is to say such heinous things (behind the protection of organized religion) that people react in a manner in which they can sue them. I am having a difficult time thinking of a more disgusting way to make a living.

I don't think any of members of Westboro actually believe anything written on their picket signs. I don't have a problem with them protesting however they damn well please, I do have a problem with them being granted the financial benefits and protection afforded to religious organizations.
stop2think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #14
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Quote:
I don't know of any other organization which actively seek it out like this. Their M.O. is to say such heinous things (behind the protection of organized religion) that people react in a manner in which they can sue them. I am having a difficult time thinking of a more disgusting way to make a living.

I don't think any of members of Westboro actually believe anything written on their picket signs. I don't have a problem with them protesting however they damn well please, I do have a problem with them being granted the financial benefits and protection afforded to religious organizations.
I totally agree, and the only time the constitution should be ignored is when people like this exist...

But to quote some famous words

"Only in America"

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
drjak
Take the red pill

Bikes: '09 R1
Quote:

Fvck that. You picket a fallen soldier's funeral you should get thrown in jail or knocked the fvck out.
drjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #16
racindego
Angry Misogynist

Bikes: 636 traded in for PW50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjak View Post
Fvck that. You picket a fallen soldier's funeral you should get thrown in jail or knocked the fvck out.

Knocked the fck out? Absolutely. Thrown in jail? Not a chance.

racindego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
AnonymousR1
Track addict!

Bikes: 09 R1, 03 R1, 04 CRF-50, 06 R6(sold)
I love you, too.

-Sig complements of Buddyluv-
AnonymousR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #18
lobsterhound

Quote:
If you want to punch them in the face go for it. I would probably take extreme actions if I was a individual at a funeral they were protesting,

Should the government be involved? No. We do NOT have a right to not be offended, This mind set has gotten us into a lot of the crap we have going on already. If we start limiting free speech then we really screw ourselves. Thats saying a lot because I really think MSNBC should go off the air. However they are allowed to say what they want. Even under the guise of falsely speaking truth to power

Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #19
drjak
Take the red pill

Bikes: '09 R1
Quote:
If you want to punch them in the face go for it. I would probably take extreme actions if I was a individual at a funeral they were protesting,

Should the government be involved? No. We do NOT have a right to not be offended, This mind set has gotten us into a lot of the crap we have going on already. If we start limiting free speech then we really screw ourselves. Thats saying a lot because I really think MSNBC should go off the air. However they are allowed to say what they want. Even under the guise of falsely speaking truth to power
Well I never said to make a new law about it. Local PD should simply show up and move them. If they file a lawsuit the judge needs to toss it. Legislating morality has always been difficult and I agree about freedom of speech but this cult is taking things quite far. At what point does someone draw a line in the sand?
drjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #20
thnakdone
strength and honor

Bikes: 2x99 R1's, the black widow and the blue beast, 02 R1 trackwhore
Quote:
I am!?

Yes!

Thanks!!!!

.... esp as long as that Avatar is up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Well I never said to make a new law about it. Local PD should simply show up and move them. If they file a lawsuit the judge needs to toss it. Legislating morality has always been difficult and I agree about freedom of speech but this cult is taking things quite far. At what point does someone draw a line in the sand?
our society does not draw a straight line in the sand to cross.... it is wavey as fvck and overlapping so there is no clear concise point where a crossing should be stopped...

signature courtesy of Petrol

R1-015 "GHOSTRIDER" Squadron Member

Think honorably and speak honestly. What you put forth is a true reflection of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Oh, he doesn't have a choice. If I want it I am gonna take it.
thnakdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement