big brother or just paranoia? : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
InkedR1Pilot
my girlfriend likes girls

Bikes: Vman1300's 05 R1
big brother or just paranoia?

i saw online that a guy was posting pictures taken at the vikings/packers game dec 30.. pictures of a military drone hovering over the metrodome... a drone supposedly operated by the TSA.....

so? the govt stepping up its "observe and identify" policy or is it just wild speculation due to the current political climate in the country?

http://facethepolitics.com/2013/01/t...-packers-game/

Quote:
The TSA yesterday denied employing an unmanned surveillance drone at the December 30th Vikings-Packers game at the Metrodome in Minnesota, dismissing online photographs of the flying craft.
As we reported earlier in the week, Attorney Nathan M. Hansen took photographs of the spy drone and posted them to his twitter feed following the game.
The images revealed a small drone with four rotors hovering high above the crowds.
In our original report, Infowars noted that an alternative explanation could have been that the drone was being used for sports photography.
Of course, it is not beyond any realms of possibility that the TSA would employ such devices, however, given that police departments all across the nation, as well as other federal agencies under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security are actively deploying drones in US skies.
Commenters on the TSA blog were also quick to point out that Hansen’s photographs included TSA agents standing around the Metrodome fan plaza on the west side.
The TSA’s Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response teams, or VIPR teams, illustrated that fact that the widely loathed federal agency continues to metastasize into an occupational security force.
At time of writing, Bob Burns nor any other TSA source has confirmed that these agents were present at the game.
Last year, the NFL announced that it would phase in TSA-style pat downs of fans entering stadiums. The Department of Homeland Security has also worked closely with the NFL on numerous occasions to promote its “See Something, Say Something” snitch campaign.
As we have exhaustively documented, the TSA has long since expanded outside of airports, and is now in the process of transforming itself into a security force that will have a presence at virtually every major public venue, from sports events, to political functions, to music concerts.

and IMO the scariest part of the article:

Quote:
Last year, the TSA was responsible for over 9,000 checkpoints across the United States, a number set to increase thanks to the agency’s bloated budget and its expansion beyond anything vaguely related to transportation.
One such checkpoint involving TSA agents took place last year in Tennessee, where Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams checked trucks at five weigh stations and two bus stations in the state, as well as making trucks pass through x-ray scanners. TSA officials also used the checkpoint to try and recruit truck drivers to become citizen snitches under the First Observer Highway Security Program

sig by petrol

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
RAMPAGE RACING

InkedR1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Big Brother hands down

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Bikes: Want a new bike
Yeah those fvckers are all over the place in Nashville . The TSA I mean , I haven't noticed any drones yet but those bastards have a fleet of all white Chevy mid size SUV .

I've even noticed in the last year airport police pulling vehicles over on public roadways. I've seen a bunch of at stuff at and around the airport that makes me very wary of what's going on.

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
TheBFA

Those things are becoming cheaper and cheaper to own. I wouldn't be surprised if it was being operated by the stadium in the same manner the Goodyear Blimp hovers over the stadiums.
TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
T.C.
Bourbon is my blood

Bikes: 2002 R1, 2009 KTM RC8, 1980 FLH Harley, 1993 Suzuki Rmx 250, 1979 CB900f(modified), 1980 Kawasaki KX125
They use them here in Oz for sporting events.

Sig by Uncle P.

Cal meh anj alcholic all yoo want. I will not memba in the morning, or the next day.

My '02 R1 thread.. http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343172
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Bikes: Want a new bike
They will become floating targets here. Kinda like the intersection red light cams in a small town here that mysteriously kept getting shot down.

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Illegal searches is their business.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
InkedR1Pilot
my girlfriend likes girls

Bikes: Vman1300's 05 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBFA View Post
Those things are becoming cheaper and cheaper to own. I wouldn't be surprised if it was being operated by the stadium in the same manner the Goodyear Blimp hovers over the stadiums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
They use them here in Oz for sporting events.
i would agree w/ you guys except the game was in the metroDOME.... any aerial coverage of the game woulda looked something like this:

sig by petrol

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
RAMPAGE RACING

InkedR1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
Devil1
R1-011 Wolfpack C/O

Bikes: 06 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
Yeah those fvckers are all over the place in Nashville . The TSA I mean , I haven't noticed any drones yet but those bastards have a fleet of all white Chevy mid size SUV .

I've even noticed in the last year airport police pulling vehicles over on public roadways. I've seen a bunch of at stuff at and around the airport that makes me very wary of what's going on.
What jurisdiction if any ever, would they have on a public roadway?

Sig by Petrol Spice
TEAM:
SO FAST SO CLEAN

Godspeed Chad "Gawarrior" Clifton - June 25, 2008
Devil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Petrol_Spice
Seņor Citizen

Bikes: Aprilia RSV4 APRC Factory / KTM RC8(S1)
I heard that they are using those little drones to monitor RAD's just in case some nut job tries to move a dirty bomb or a real life warhead.

Tact was created by those lacking the mental dexterity for sarcasm. ~ Petrol_Spice

Petrol_Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #11
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil1 View Post
What jurisdiction if any ever, would they have on a public roadway?
Transportation Safety Administration. No judge has told them to stop. No citizen has killed them for trying.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkedR1Pilot View Post
i would agree w/ you guys except the game was in the metroDOME.... any aerial coverage of the game woulda looked something like this:
and this is where it sucks being Canadian.. hahahah... i read the name and thought... hmm, isnt that a DOME!?? AS in covered!?? we've got one of those,
recently redesigned to open up the size of the field... so i automatically assumed that may be the case...

now you've got me thinking... how small are those things!?? hahhahah.... we can see everything rather clearly inside our dome... pics would not look like that at all..

Metrodome

BC Place!

yeah i realize they're taken outside.. just a chance to brag i guess..

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,

Last edited by bacchus40; 01-04-2013 at 10:57 PM.
bacchus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol_Spice View Post
I heard that they are using those little drones to monitor RAD's just in case some nut job tries to move a dirty bomb or a real life warhead.
They are using them to keep crazy hooligans from Brisbane out. Im all for it

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
Petrol_Spice
Seņor Citizen

Bikes: Aprilia RSV4 APRC Factory / KTM RC8(S1)
Hey, I'd just throw fu*kin' rocks at that shit. It would be yard art in under 60 seconds.

Tact was created by those lacking the mental dexterity for sarcasm. ~ Petrol_Spice

Petrol_Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
Quote:
Hey, I'd just throw fu*kin' rocks at that shit. It would be yard art in under 60 seconds.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #16
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Someone shot one up last month. Hope they keep it up.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

wouldnt that, technically be, down!?

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #18
Devil1
R1-011 Wolfpack C/O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Transportation Safety Administration. No judge has told them to stop. No citizen has killed them for trying.
Right but.... can you legally tell them to pack sand?

Sig by Petrol Spice
TEAM:
SO FAST SO CLEAN

Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil1 View Post
Right but.... can you legally tell them to pack sand?
Depends. If you wish to board a plane, you have to get past them. Driving on the road has become a privilege, so it's a grey area. Some states have laws about it, some don't.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #20
Devil1
R1-011 Wolfpack C/O

Nice. I don't like gray areas.

Sig by Petrol Spice
TEAM:
SO FAST SO CLEAN

Sponsored Links