Paul Watson finally put in his place : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Paul Watson finally put in his place

About time someone shut this shit down, I'm impressed the US actually did it though.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/08/us/wha...html?hpt=hp_c3

Quote:
(CNN) -- "Whale Wars" TV conservationist Paul Watson quit his conservation society Tuesday because of a recent federal court injunction against him and his group's anti-whaling activities.

Last month, the Japanese research foundation Institute of Cetacean Research and the Japanese firm Kyodo Senpaku Kaisha Ltd. secured a U.S. District Court injunction against Watson and his Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, according to the institute's website.

The injunction prohibits Watson and his group from coming within 500 yards of the plaintiffs on the open sea, according to a copy of the court document on the institute's website.

Watson has become renowned for his attempts to disrupt Japanese whalers on the open water through Animal Planet's "Whale Wars" TV show.

Interpol issues wanted notice for Watson

"As a United States citizen, I will respect and comply with the ruling of the United States 9th District Court and will not violate the temporary injunction granted to the Institute for Cetacean Research," Watson said in a statement Tuesday. "I will participate as an observer within the boundaries established by the 9th Circuit Court of the United States."

Watson resigned as president and executive director of the conservation society in the United States and as president of the society in Australia.

"For the 35 years since I founded the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, I have strived to act non-violently and within the boundaries of the law," Watson said.

"During Sea Shepherd's long history, we have never caused a single injury to any person," he said. "Although we have broken some bureaucratic regulations like Canada's so-called Seal Protection Act, we did so to challenge the validity of these regulations, which were in contradiction to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

"In all other respects, we have always operated within the boundaries of the law, both international and national," he said in a statement. "I myself have never been convicted of a felony crime."

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
That dude is a walking tampon.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Read between the lines. They are still going to be down there harassing the Japanese whaling fleet and acting like jackasses. They're just going to weave their way thru any/all loopholes in the injunction. That dipsheot Watson isn't known for just giving up like that.

IMO, they're extremely fortunate their own people have not been injured or killed. They are extremely incompetent at what they are doing in dangerous seas, and every time they have tried to actually board another ship they are lucky they didn't get shot for piracy.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
rexmitchell

I agree, at least finally someone has taken action against his dumbass. They will never end their dumb little campaign but those fvckers were out of hand. Remember when that asshat claimed he was shot? And just happened to be wearing a bullet proof vest......what a sham.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
F*ck those treehuggin idiots. They are only still able to pull this stupid bullsh*t because the Japanese have just been patient with those re-tards and not done anything serious.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

yes, we're aware the Japanese have puss'd out.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
yes, we're aware the Japanese have puss'd out.
Who is still whalin, bitch?!

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
F*ck those treehuggin idiots. They are only still able to pull this stupid bullsh*t because the Japanese have just been patient with those re-tards and not done anything serious.
If the Japanese navy would put a few shells through one of those zodiaks those idiots try to board with, I bet they would think twice about it in the future.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
If the Japanese navy would put a few shells through one of those zodiaks those idiots try to board with, I bet they would think twice about it in the future.
Japanese constitution prohibits the JSDF from venturing outside national waters.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #9
rexmitchell

Quote:
Japanese constitution prohibits the JSDF from venturing outside national waters.
Hire mercenaries

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
Who is still whalin, bitch?!
Who turned tail last year and ran back home like scared rabbits?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Hire mercenaries
I'd do it.

Quote:
Who turned tail last year and ran back home like scared rabbits?
Quit trollin ya old bastard.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
I don't see any reason they need to be killing whales but to send that retarded mall cap wanna be out as an American just embarrasses us all.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
JDollaz
Rebel w/ a Cause

Save the Whales ..

Sig Provided by : The Artist formerly know as Petrol !
JDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
Aron213 ti
I eat my R1

Bikes: 03 R1 and Raven's gixxer
I read earlier he is also being sued for the sinking of a boat a year to two ago, I guess he borrowed it and was supposed to return it in good condition, the owner claims he scuttled it on purpose to get more ratings and more sympathy from tree huggers.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron213 ti View Post
I read earlier he is also being sued for the sinking of a boat a year to two ago, I guess he borrowed it and was supposed to return it in good condition, the owner claims he scuttled it on purpose to get more ratings and more sympathy from tree huggers.
That the one that got ran over by the whaler after they acted like dipshits?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #17
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
That the one that got ran over by the whaler after they acted like dipshits?
The one that used to be my avatar?

I think that's the one. The owner (Pete Bethune??) was the one who was captain of it when it got hit. They were towing it after that but said it was taking on water and slowing them down from catching the Japanese whaling fleet, so they cut it loose and it sank. Bethune ended up boarding one of the Japanese ships and I think was arrested. He ended up doing some time in the GrayBar Motel in Japan, was finally released early, but appears to have had a major split with Watson's group. I Hope they both bankrupt each other via the legal system. Bob Barker, too.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
rexmitchell

Quote:

I think that's the one. The owner (Pete Bethune??) was the one who was captain of it when it got hit. They were towing it after that but said it was taking on water and slowing them down from catching the Japanese whaling fleet, so they cut it loose and it sank. Bethune ended up boarding one of the Japanese ships and I think was arrested. He ended up doing some time in the GrayBar Motel in Japan, was finally released early, but appears to have had a major split with Watson's group. I Hope they both bankrupt each other via the legal system. Bob Barker, too.
yep thats the one. That guy had taken out numerous loans against his house for that POS that got wrecked in about 5 seconds.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #19
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:

Yeah, that was that all CF skimmer or whatever. You remember how it "broke down"? F*ckin idiot Watson didn't refuel them and left them dry to go chase the whalers....while that skimmer was dead in the water some rogue wave broke part of it off....and while adrift it got nailed in the ensuing chase or something.

And yeah, that Captain spent some time in jail in Japan...he went home to NZ or Oz after release and hasn't been seen since.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDollaz View Post
Save the Whales ..
.........Harpoon a fat chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement