Central Florida, YEC ECU dyno tune, who? : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
OneWheelWonder
when in doubt, power it out

Bikes: 07 Blue, 05 Blue R1(sold),09 red(sold), 00 red(sold), 01 blue(sold),xr50, Grom
Central Florida, YEC ECU dyno tune, who?

Does anyone know where I can get a YEC ECU dyno tune in the Central Florida, Orlando area?

I have dont some motor work and now need a dyno tune but cant find anyone willing to touch YEC ECU...

Please Help!
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Acidsamuraix
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2009 R1, 2014 DR-Z400SM
Have you contacted Cycle Pro? I know they generally work with Power Commanders (doesnt everyone), but it's worth a shot. They're very knowledgable and I hear nothing but good things about their work.
-Fender Eliminator, LP flushmounts, OEM Seat Cowl
-Ballistic Evo2 8-cell battery
-ASV C5 Shorty Brake/Clutch Levers (blue), Renthal Dual Compound Grips
-Zero Gravity Corsa (light smoke)
-Goodridge SS brake lines
-Driven 520 conversion 16/45, RK GXW Chain, Probolt Sprocket Nuts
-GBRacing Case Covers, Vortex rearsets
Acidsamuraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
OneWheelWonder

Bikes: 07 Blue, 05 Blue R1(sold),09 red(sold), 00 red(sold), 01 blue(sold),xr50, Grom
thanks

Ill call them thanks, Meanwhile anyone else got any suggestions.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
danamite
My R1 eats me.

Trying racing connection in Kissimmee....http://racing-connection.com/
danamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Yaman at cycle pro has built many race bikes that do very very well.

Another place is suggest is Dick at full spectrum racing

Venom squad Annual Jennings Meet Up
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...97#post6189297

R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Superbike Toy store sells them,they might tune them too.
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
PETE BEALE UK
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

what mods have you done ? and do you have a download lead , because its very simple . Actually the stock yec maps are very good and take some beating
PETE BEALE UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #8
OneWheelWonder

update

Ill call Race Connection today

Cycle Pro sold their dyno
Superbike Toy Store is currently selling their dyno or might have sold already.
Full Spectrum, to much bad feedback, seems to be a crap shoot if they will do good work.

Pete: I have head work done, full akro YEC, air filter and I need specifically an ignition timing set correctly. My AFR is pretty close. But everyone apparently uses tune link rather than manually tune so finding a "tuner" is difficult.

Thansk for the responses, keep them coming.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #9
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
If Pete says they're pretty good, might be worth listening to. He builds BSB bikes.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #10
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Cycle pro still has a dyno and way too many dumb ass street squids go to full spectrum and leave bad feedback.

Dick has built many race winning bikes, along with Yaman at cycle pro.. I love hearing people who give bad feedback in Florida. Ask the racers, not "yahoo answers"

R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
OneWheelWonder

Not doubting him

Not doubting Pete.

But the YEC Maps are extremely different than what I need. A zero map from YEC is far to rich. I live in florida I think the temp and barometric pressure is affecting things a bit. To get to 13 AFR(I run a wideband) I have had to take on average -10 out of the whole map. My WOT isnt that drastic but everywhere else is. I have run this way for awhile and when I took the head off to do the head work the chamber and intake runners look good. Next to no carbon deposits other than the usual and it ran great!

But again my main concern is setting the timing properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
If Pete says they're pretty good, might be worth listening to. He builds BSB bikes.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #12
OneWheelWonder

Cycle pro sold their dyno 3 months ago, got email from Yaman yesterday.

I do talk to racers thats why Full Spectrum is out of the running. Plus I was in the business for a few years and still do side work. They are out, not trying to start anything Im just saying they are out of the running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Cycle pro still has a dyno and way too many dumb ass street squids go to full spectrum and leave bad feedback.

Dick has built many race winning bikes, along with Yaman at cycle pro.. I love hearing people who give bad feedback in Florida. Ask the racers, not "yahoo answers"
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #13
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Is what you have done on a bike ridden at the track ?

Or street only?

R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #14
OneWheelWonder

I myself am a street guy.

Quote:
Is what you have done on a bike ridden at the track ?

Or street only?
Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #15
burn-z
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1
I'm going to be shipping my bike half ways across the county to Eric Dorn at EDR Performance in OR. He is a master and one of a handful of people capable of doing it all. I'll be having some head work done and then broken in on dyno and tuned. Check out his Facebook page. Eric travels all over the country supporting AMA and all the other alphabet racers. edrperformance.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Radley View Post
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit
burn-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #16
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Than why have the yec ecu? Ida flashed a stock ecu and added a PC/bazzaz. You kinda have overkill for these lame ass Florida roads

R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #17
OneWheelWonder

Why YEC you ask... Because I can, I dont like piggyback systems if I can avoid it. So I did. Quite frankly any sportbike is overkill for the street so I dont see your logic.

To clarify I do have the flashed YEC, not that it matters but I dont need piggy back setup with the YEC it has enough adjustability on its own.

I think we are off topic. PM me if youd like to discuss further.

Still looking for dynos...

Quote:
Than why have the yec ecu? Ida flashed a stock ecu and added a PC/bazzaz. You kinda have overkill for these lame ass Florida roads

Last edited by OneWheelWonder; 01-15-2013 at 06:27 AM.
OneWheelWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #18
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
I'm going to be shipping my bike half ways across the county to Eric Dorn at EDR Performance in OR. He is a master and one of a handful of people capable of doing it all. I'll be having some head work done and then broken in on dyno and tuned. Check out his Facebook page. Eric travels all over the country supporting AMA and all the other alphabet racers. edrperformance.com
Cool, I'm really curious to see your results.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #19
OneWheelWonder

Im familiar with EDR my friend lives in OR he has dealt with them a few times Im sure. Im not quite willing to ship my bike to do that. But I admire your perserverance. Ive heard lots of good things about EDR. I will find someone a little closer to home, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Lol.. Nvm.. Gl

R1-016 Venom Squad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement