Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Finally got my 2008 R1

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Skyvo 
#1 ·
Picked her up today, incredibly chuffed. Just been for a long-ish ride with a mate on his gixxer 1000 so the bike needs a wash. Except I'll probably go out riding again in 5 mins, whoop whoop. Sorry for shocking pic quality, my phone cam seems really fuzzy, not sure why.

Bike has some extras: Fabrini screen, Pazzo shorties, rearsets (excellent, btw), Heli braided lines, Brembo masters front and rear and some other minor stuff. Exhaust is totally stock, something to do next year I suppose.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Cheers bud, not sure if the colour scheme is totally stock, seen a fair few r1s in this colour but not with all the golden bits on it like the tank logo. Other than that bike is stock besides the rearsets and the master cylinders. The bloke who had it prior spent some money on it but skimped on the steering damper, sadly.

#6 ·
R1's come stock with Brembo masters at both ends, Enjoy !

#9 · (Edited)
nice Gilles rearsets!! i love mine on the 09 as well!, word of advice, be sure to keep the brake lever pivot bolt are clean, use WD40 on it as dirt
gets in there along with moisture n shite, it tends to stick from time to time n' you could be riding around with your brake light on all the time... :fact

correct!! OP if you find your braking needs some improvement you can usually sell off your OEM BREMBO front MC to anybody
with an older SUzuki or Kawi as most of them did not come equipped with anything proper..

you can replace yours with BREMBO OR ACCOSSATO RADIAL MASTER CYLINDER!

i personally have the Accossato radial forged MC 19x18 with SS lines n' its black and white worlds better than oem :fact

#10 ·
nice grab !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.