When you want to carry a bit around on the new R1??? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

When you want to carry a bit around on the new R1???

So I picked up my 2015 R1, and a Hepco and Becker Sportsrack, which I have a RJs 39 Litre top box mounted on for the heavy lifting, (Yes I know it is sacrilege) I need to sort out how to get the throwover paniers sorted so they dont rub the paint in any inconvenient places, and touring duties will be sorted.
My problem is when I just want a little bag to throw a couple of things in. Normally Id throw a little pillion pack on the back, but that tine little pillion seat that looks like it would penetrate your pillion more than support them is going to leave that sort of thing flapping around like a flag.
So
Any one with any thoughts on how to put a little bit of luggage on the back? (Preferably a lockable solution)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:05 PM
I eat my R1

When I want to carry more around on my R1, I put the stuff in the bag on the back of my wife's R6...

2016 R1M
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:42 PM
kickin' at the darkness

wow, the 15 R1 is definitely not well suited for travel duties.. its one of the reasons i kept my Gen1..

I do like that sport rack though

i truly enjoy longer trips on an R1, though these days the chopper is a bit better on that regard

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18, Motodynamic

Last edited by bacchus40; 04-15-2019 at 07:48 PM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Here it is on 2015, it unfortunately bolts on so you can't just remove it with the key, but a topbox bolts onto it nicely.

Last edited by Kevap; 04-16-2019 at 03:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode