2015 R1, Finding a place to put an Alarm - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

3Likes
  • 1 Post By andrewstclair
  • 1 Post By bacchus40
  • 1 Post By Kevap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

2015 R1, Finding a place to put an Alarm

I have bought a Spy 5000 Alarm to fit to my 2015 R1 and be buggered if I can work out where to fit it. So far I can find a spit for the main unit and the Microwave detector just behind the battery, or there is a box under the right hand fairing block off above the Coolant filler,
But either option doesn’t give me space for the siren and the receiver aerial, and the one in the box up the front looks like it will make sorting out coolant an issue.
What are people doing to set up alarms on 2015 R1s? or do you just teach a Rottweiler to ride pillion and leave it with the bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:22 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
i personally don't use the alarm i use the gps that pages send a push notification to my phone and an email and text when my bike gets tilted,shocked, key'd on, battery disconnected, rolled away from where i parked it. most people ignore alarms but if thats what your looking to do there is a small spot in the tail under the cover between the two seats. not a lot but it may be enough to fit the siren. the box maybe in the tail under the passenger seat. the box under the front right cowl under the handlebar is supposed to hold your insurance papers so you don't need to use the tail but if you putt it off you can remove the box from the town and maybe mount the siren under there also.

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
2016 R1 Track
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstclair View Post
the box maybe in the tail under the passenger seat. the box under the front right cowl under the handlebar is supposed to hold your insurance papers so you don't need to use the tail.
Hey Andrew, does that mean you can get an openable panel for that side on US Models? In Australia, our registration is or insurance so we don’t carry papers in the same way.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:45 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
I'm in Canada my regi is my insurance also so it's just one set of papers. The right side panel you can pull up on the back closest to the tank and it pops up and you can get the papers from that box and put them back and just pop it down

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
2016 R1 Track
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 02:49 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
I'm in Canada my regi is my insurance also so it's just one set of papers. The right side panel you can pull up on the back closest to the tank and it pops up and you can get the papers from that box and put them back and just pop it down
for those who dont own one.. your post needs pics!

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18, Motodynamic
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:27 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
for those who dont own one.. your post needs pics!
those who don't own one need not concern themselves lol, but yes ill snap one next time i ride.
Veshengo likes this.

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
2016 R1 Track
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:12 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
those who don't own one need not concern themselves lol, but yes ill snap one next time i ride.
well i may feel saucy one of these days, imagine how pissed i'll be when i cant find a place to store my insurance

i mean, what with having to deal with a tiny tank, that bit would be the straw that broke the camels back

Kevap likes this.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 10:57 AM
Super Duper Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
that bit would be the straw that broke the camels back
Too funny! Made me laugh out loud literally!
bacchus40 likes this.

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Greenstreak quote from Barber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:03 PM
kickin' at the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevap View Post
Too funny! Made me laugh out loud literally!
i aim to please good sir

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode