Superbike Unlimited 2012 WR450 Supermoto Build - Page 3 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
SuperMoto Section for Motard riding and Track Racing

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
SBU - For all things fast!

Garage
Looking great! It's really good to see this bike is being put through it's paces.

Be sure to check the plates for wear, especially if you've been doing wheelies or a lot of launches, might just be time for a new stack - which you likely know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
along with

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:50 AM
GO SKERS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Unlimited View Post
Looking great! It's really good to see this bike is being put through it's paces.

Be sure to check the plates for wear, especially if you've been doing wheelies or a lot of launches, might just be time for a new stack - which you likely know.
Stack height checked ok. Its been weird because it holds fine if you start from low rpm, but as you come out of fast turns higher in the rpm's it slips. I called Hinson and they recommended I try a heavier spring.
SBK Unlimited likes this.

post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 11:57 PM
GO SKERS!!

Won my first overall race with the bike the first time I entered asphalt only. Finished 1st and 2nd in both motos. I've been mainly racing full supermoto, but I'm slow in the dirt. Been tossing around the idea of selling the WR for something more track dedicated, but the bike has been so good I haven't gotten very far in that idea. On to pictures which is more interesting.

Banky and Hooli like this.

Last edited by COP TZR; 10-05-2017 at 12:03 AM.

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 10:37 PM
GO SKERS!!

Won first place in both Am asphalt moto's to finish out the season.

One of the pro class riders was behind me for a lap and then went around, but here's his video.

Edit: also remembered that i weighed the bike vs a crf450 and the WR was 267.5 lbs and crf 253. Not bad difference i thought for still having electric start, battery, and full harness for lights and electronics.
Banky and WheelJouster like this.

Last edited by COP TZR; 10-23-2017 at 11:41 AM.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Tick tack toe

Like.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Unacceptable

After hooning around last Sunday at a kart track, I must confess that getting stupid on a 450 sumo is more fun than my R1...in the proper environment. I've witnessed (and have been embarrassed by) good riders in the tight stuff and now I can see just why.

That said I want one.
SBK Unlimited likes this.
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 07:40 PM
GO SKERS!!

Here is my yearly update.

Moved to Colorado so the bike saw a little different action all summer.

The bike is still running great. I've been fighting front end chatter that causes me to loose the tire in extreme lean at speed. Took some rebound out and seems to be better. Was considering going to a 16.5" front rim to help. More and more people are picking up Husqvarna FS450's and I just can't keep up with the power they make. Won one race in the Colorado series and then finished behind the FS's the rest of the season. Getting better in the dirt and realizing I have to pretty much only use the rear brake.

Reshimmed the valves and thinking about tuning it for race gas if I'm going to keep it another year and try to race more. Been dropping weight to be more competitive with these 140 lb riders, but the FS450's are putting down around 10 more hp than me and the races are me holeshotting them and then riding aggressive to try and hold them off all race.

Took it offroad quite a bit. The Ohlins is really fantastic on the rocky mountain passes.

Last edited by COP TZR; 12-16-2018 at 07:46 PM.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 09:37 PM
GO SKERS!!

Also, got a pretty good crash captured in a rain race last year.

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
SBU - For all things fast!

Garage
Awesome to see it's still shredding!

along with

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode