Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't clear fault code

20K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  AME48 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I have recently purchased an 07 race bike and have a problem with the engine fault light remaining on.
I went into diagnostics and it was throwing fault code 30 - Error drop sensor (triggered or faulty sensor).
I then went into the diagnostics to check the error - d62 to delete the code and I found there were 2 errors. I went through the process of trying to delete them and only 1 got deleted. I can't for the life of me now delete the 1 error remaining. I thought it may have still been linked to the fault code 30 so I went back to d61 and the fault code 30 had gone. I then checked the angle sensor by starting the bike and rotating it more than 65 degrees. It cut the engine so I know that the sensor is not faulty.

My question is, how do I now work out what the remaining error in d62 is if no fault code is being thrown up?
Very frustrating as the bike runs fine and the engine fault light still remains on. I'd like to make it go away so that if something does happen and the light goes on, I know have a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
D

See less See more
#3 ·
^ That is correct with the daig numbers.

I don't know if the ECU has been flashed as the guy I bought the bike from had limited knowledge about it and when he bought the bike off the previous owner, it had the error that I am reporting already there.

I guess it is nothing terminal and if a bad error arises that is detrimental to the engine the bike will shut off.
I'm just a pedantic kinda guy :)

D

#13 ·
Go to diag mode 07 or 09. Flick the engine kill switch to the on position. You should get a figure about 12 (that's the voltage on your ecu board). If it's zero, your ecu could be dead, your ignition might be corroded or damaged, or your solenoid switch contacts may be failing.

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

#14 ·
07 shows 0.0 and 09 show 0.0 WITHOUT the kill switch. when i go to 07 and turn on the kill switch nothing happens. when i do the same at 09, it turns to 11.9-12 and you hear what i believe is the fuel pump turning on. not sure if this is the issue or not. any other ideas? thanks for the help!

#16 ·
Does your bike start and run like OPs? Yes starts right up
Any modifications? other than an aftermarket exhaust no
How did the issue start? after starting the bike for the season. really doesn't help much but overall the bike runs like it should, starts right up, no stuttering from the engine, can't say i hear anything unusual,

#17 ·
Just for info, I'm still investigating this issue, I have checked valve clearance and timing they are all OK, Going to do a compression test tonight and a fuel pressure check, Then I might send the injectors off for a clean and a test as electronically they are fine, after that I am stumped as to what it is, I have checked every sensor and every connector also spoken to several race bike builders, dyno centres and a few Yamaha dealers but no one seems to have a clue what is causing this issue.

Just to be clear I have the engine management light on and rough running.

In the Diagnostics:

D60 = 0
D61 = 0
D62 = 1

This is driving me crazy!!

#24 ·
Thanks! I'll see if I can find a new multifunction relay. Looks like for the 06 the part number is 5VK-81950-40.

My dash code reads 48. I didnt think this was originally an actual code but maybe someone will be able to shed some light on what this even means.
Diagnostic mode codes read:
60: 0
61: 0
62: 1

#23 ·
So last night I did a fuel pressure test.

Test 1: 48 Psi
Test 2: 24 psi
Test 3: 10 Psi

Looks like the pump is done, any suggestions on a pump brand? Yamaha want £650!! I have found this one on the web for £60ish (Quantum Intank EFI Fuel Pump For Yamaha YZF-R1 2002-2014) but not sure if they are any good or not?

I could get a cheep one off Ebay for around £30 but don't think its a good idea as its a race bike and don't want this same problem again.

Also I now have code 39 on the dash this is for Injector 4 so tonight I will be digging a little deeper, its odd though because all injectors pulse 5 times like they should. Reading on the web it could be the Bazzaz ECU so going to disconnect from the bike and see what happens.

#26 ·
changed all the fuses (main, tilt, fuse, ect) that were located under the seat. Check engine light still stays on. I am going through the diagnostics and trying to see if all my ranges are correct.

Here's what I've pulled so far:

d01: 16
d02: 99
d03: 99
d06: 115
d07: 0
d08: 0.6
d09: 0.0 - 13.0
d30: 00
d31: 00
d33: 00
d36: 00
d37: 00
d38: 00
d39: 00
d48: 00
d50: 00
d51: 00
d52: 00
d53: 0-143 (sometimes rests at 8)
d56: 25
d60: 00
d61: 00
d62: 1
d70: 0

Any thoughts? much appreciated!!!

#27 ·
Hi

So I've eventually sorted my problem. It turned out that both the Yamaha and the Bazzaz ECU's had gone faulty, so I've replaced both and also swapped the harness for a new one. I have also purchased FTECU and flashed the new ECU. but now have code 14 on the dash so need to understand what's going on, looking in the manual it says air inlet pressure pipe? Ill have a look tonight and see if I can solve it but if anyone could offer any advise it would be greatly appreciated.

#28 ·
desunnysi1989

Did you solve your Issue?

I had exactly the same as you! my ecu had low voltage on the injector board I've replaced the ecu and the fault has gone. I did have to by FTECU flash harness though so I could reconfigure the new ecu as my bike is a track bike with immo deleted so need to configure as US ecu with EU wiring harness config and also turn other stuff off also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.