My 99 R1 - Back From The Dead - Page 25 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #481 of 485 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
99 R1

Send a message via AIM to Death R1
Taken this Fall --- break in miles before the track ...

Ready for the track !!

Getting ready for NCBike this fall

in the pits at NC Bike

Bike ran really good -- held up, no leaks and didn't grenade. Turns out that I neeed to rejet the bike as it's running a little leaner given the thicker head gasket. I have A/F gauge so I am street tuning for now.. Really need some 70+ degree weather to get it solid.

Tuned by Bugaj

"In pursuit of more speed with the same power"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 485 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
99 R1

while the 46 was down, took out the 99 alot late summer / early fall as the SP2 wasn't done / tuned yet

but it's done now :::

follow the build in the signature link

but here are the final dyno numbers on the SP2

but, as of now -- all 3 steeds are in good order

Tuned by Bugaj

post #483 of 485 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
99 R1

update - dropped off the SP2 and my track bike at Bauce Racing for some tuning love. Not sure when they are getting to it ..but the 46 with a thicker head gasket to avoid the failure i had before from the markbuilt motor build -- needs some rejetting

*** figured Id share - also, through my company I am partnering with a number of vendors doing a Ninja 400 build. for $40 to get a decal kit and an entry into the giveaway.

if you post on Bauce's FB page a guess for the rwhp and torque numbers on MR12 - the closest person on each numbers both will get a few entry. Figured I'd share and let you guys know as this will be a great bike for beginner / track day hero / kids and girls alike. Share with your network or enter for a change to have a 2019 Ninja 400
If you have been following my threads here or on 1000rr.net -- you know that this bike will be put together right !! ***

anyways a few "travel pics"

details here on FB - Mad4Motorsports
and instagram - Mad4Motobikebuild

bike build giveway paypal

terms and rules here

Tuned by Bugaj

post #484 of 485 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Hope is what makes us Human.

Quote:
*** figured Id share - also, through my company I am partnering with a number of vendors doing a Ninja 400 build. for $40 to get a decal kit and an entry into the giveaway

We have some "youtuber's " doing that all the time. I like to watch build videos that get detailed in and show details of the work. Its entertaining, but this thing of giving thousand of dollars worth of "new" motorcycles and mods to someone randomly it just rubs me the wrong way...They ask for "fans" to go on "patron" and donate to the cause...it really falls on me as a big F* scam!

Not every legend is a myth, some are flesh and blood. Some legends walk among us, but they aren’t born, they’re built. Legends are made from iron & sweat, mind and muscle, blood and vision and victory. Legends are champions, they grow, they win, they conquer.
post #485 of 485 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
99 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benocehcap View Post
We have some "youtuber's " doing that all the time. I like to watch build videos that get detailed in and show details of the work. Its entertaining, but this thing of giving thousand of dollars worth of "new" motorcycles and mods to someone randomly it just rubs me the wrong way...They ask for "fans" to go on "patron" and donate to the cause...it really falls on me as a big F* scam!
yep -- that is one of the reasons why I am partnering with KNOWN vendors -- you can call and verify it's legit and anyone who has followed my R1 and CBR builds know that I am the real deal / not a scan artist. Actually - folks can look me up on the old twinturbo.net forum as well ( Devils Z ).

Once the bike is 100% done - it will be at the dealership floor or can be seen at Evolve GT track events ( but not tracked ).

besides, it cost nothing for a free entry with 2 guesses on Bauce Racing FB page on my rwhp and torque numbers ...
I think they will be hitting the dyno within the next week. Follow their FB page or my CBR thread for those numbers.

I will be probably posting the R1 numbers here but i have an idea what that is already .
Benocehcap likes this.

Tuned by Bugaj

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode