Switch brands or just throw an rear on? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Tire Tech Forum Everything tire related post it here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2muchbluE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

Garage
Switch brands or just throw an rear on?

Hey everyone. I just noticed today my rear is on wear bar on the left side of the tire, but a good amount on the right side. Which surprises me cause it's never been tracked yet. I got about 2900 on it currently. Bridgestone RS10. I was going to switch to Q3+'s as I have my first track days scheduled in June. Should I just add a new rear on for the time being or replace both front and rear with a Q3+? Truthfully I'm trying to save some money right now to get a custom suit. I will only probably put 1000 miles on at most before track day. I figure I'll be okay for the first track and expect to replace them the 2nd day

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:19 PM
SuperbikeUnlimited.com

Garage
Well, if your front is still good there is no harm putting on a new rear only.

If you were to put a new set of q3+ on for 1k miles or so before your track day, I am pretty sure you will be ok also but depending how you ride at the track, it could be time to get new tires again after the track day possibly.

You are kind of in "no mans land" of purchase since you have til june for your track day.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
basketball00011 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Superbikeunlimited.com Ambassador
Superbikeunlimited.com PH#1-828-676-2222
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 02:22 AM

I ride with Q3 on front and Q3+ on rear.

I would buy Q4's.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 08:20 AM
My R1 eats Gixxers

Garage
Send a message via AIM to salazr2
I was in the same boat with the RS10s. The rear was thrashed way before the front. I debated buying just a rear, but I switched to supercorsas and couldn’t be happier.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 08:54 PM
kickin' at the darkness

i've been known to sell off a front tire when i'm not happy with the overall results after i've gone through a rear.

you will find this is very common, the rear will get chewed way before the front.. hence why tire choice is so important.

i match front / back.

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, LV EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS remove, GYTR air, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc
HINSON Billet bskt, Barnett CF stack, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech adjust, ANNITORI RL, CLEVER WOLF CF tank cover, RIZOMA
grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows GYTR, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK
CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18, Motodynamic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode