Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 R1 power commander maps

59K views 209 replies 69 participants last post by  Butts84 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Have just recieved my two brothers carbon slip ons and was wondering if anybody else has tried these cans and what your thoughts are.Am thinkinf of getting a power comamder to go with the cans and to try and erradicate the shocking bottom end throtle response.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

P.S anybody got a map for the twobrothers cans i could try

Cheers

Brian

#72 ·
Guys, I just have one question (maybe 2)
I havent brought a PC V yet but am thinking about it - I just have standard Akra slip ons, no other mods. Q: is it worth it? (I will have it dyno'd anyway for a custom map if I do so not to worried about some of the map issues) and second: What sort of performance gains on average have you genuinely seen? I have no running issues with my bike at present.

#80 ·
I have the same cans and the power commander. It did smooth out the throttle response a little but didnt do shit for the bottom end. You might think about getting your bike tuned after. Try shifting your D-mode down to B and see what happens helped me out at slow speeds.

#81 ·
need a pc map for Leo Vince and link pipe badly...please

I have an 09 R1.
I just purchased the pc with auto tune.
I have Leo Vince slip ons with a link pipe and stock air filter.
The map available on pc website for my setup is for a european version.
will that map be good for a bike in florida? or does someone have a better map available....
Any help would be appreciated:jump

#87 · (Edited)
Dynojet > I have a 2009 R1 with a full Akrapovic racing exhaust and the stock air filter. I have the oem O2 (lambda) sensor connected to the race exhaust and it runs great. The only issue is some popping on deceleration. I am going to install a BMC race airfilter next week and I just installed the smog block off plates from Graves and I have just completed the airbox modification like the euro bikes have.

I know when you add air you need to add fuel. Will the oem ecu account for the greater airflow, if not will my bike I benefit from adding a PCV? If so, what map is recommended for my specific setup?

It is important to note that my plan is to have my oem ecu re-flashed by JETT performance to remove all restrictions. Will this impact what base map I should use? With the changes I have made would I want to run a Euro map since my ecu will be unleashed and the airbox opened up?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

#88 ·
With your current setup you are definitely running too lean in teh low to midrange and the PCV can help this. The fuel curve on these bikes is not too bad in the upper RPM and throttle ranges so you are not going to get huge benefits by adjusting your fuel curve on the top end. The air filter and smog block off plates will NOT affect your fuel curve. Also the ECU unleashed does not affect the fuel curve either.

Map 22-006-005 is the one for your setup.

#89 ·
my plan is to have my oem ecu re-flashed by JETT performance to remove all restrictions
I was away over winter and am reading now the stuff about the O2 optimizer
problem with AT. I will come come up with some questions maybe.

@Kneedrager: I wonder why DJ is giving you the tip to the map 22-006-005.
The ECU unleashed does not affect the fuel curve, but this map from DJ is
done with the restrictions in the bike. The demands after unleashing are
similar to the EURO bike, f.ex. DJ had no way to test the over 80% throttle
positions in this US map. Or am i missing something?

I would use the EURO map for your setup, or at least test it against the US
version. You can switch on road from one map to the other.

I was feeling fine, too with the Leo Evo2 system. After installing PCV with
basemap for it, it was like a new bike and it's still great!
(Riding a Euro 09)

#91 ·
(I have a 2009 r1. just purchased a pcV, hmf slip-ons, 2-bros y-pipe, and a k & n filter. which map should i use?)
Dynojet> I cant get the fuel map to run properly with this set-up. i was thinking of purchasing the auto-tune kit. would that correct the mapping issue? i was told that i would have to cut out the o2 sensor bung on the 2-bros y-pipe, and weld in the one provided in the auto tune kit. is this accurate?

#124 ·
If you do use Auto tune I would suggest welding in the new bung in addition to your current O2 sensor bung unless you go with the ECU unleashed.
My setup is as above. Do you recommend that mod to EU specs bikes too? Thx, M.

#94 ·
I would like to give credit where it is due. After working with Dynojet on several phone calls I am happy to say that my R1 is now a monster. I have the PCV, Quick Shifter Expansion Module and Quick Shift sensor and after having my PCV logged into remotely the technician added about 10% fuel to the zone I was noticing the most issues with, above 9,000 rpm and the bike now pulls smoothly and quite aggressively. I'm quite happy with the results and I'm glad I don't have to take it off to send it back. I will take it to the track tomorrow to confirm these results but overall I am satisfied.

#97 ·
HELP!!
i have an '09 with yoshi r77 slip ons, gutted catalytic converter, and a stock filter. yesterday i installed the pcv, and the thing runs like crap!

punched in this map, M22-006-010 Yosh 3/4 slip-ons (eliminates catalytic converter), Stock or aftermarket air filter.

the bike has the low end problem people were talking about on here. plus, it hesitates and bogs really bad anything over 7000 rpm with no power. it almost feels like the bike is running out of gas. (and im on that dumb, the bike has gas in it)

i tried inputting the zero map and it didnt change a thing. when i installed the pcv i took my time making sure everything was done right. im confident its not the install. i also have installed a pc3 on my old '06 R1 in the past with no problems, that bike ran perfect with the downloaded map. does anyone have any ideas??? any help would be appreciated!

#99 ·
Does not make any sense that with a zero map the bike still does not run correctly. Did you install the PCV at the same time as the exhaust or any other mods? With a zero map the PCV will be a pass thru device and not alter anything so it should run as if it wasn't even there. I would like to see you disconnect the PCV and run back on the stock connectors and see if there is a difference. Let me know.

#100 ·
Hey dynojet whats the status on that updated o2 controller, I finally got the auto tune installed, hooked up the o2 controller and eliminated the the stock o2, I am running the map for the leos with mid pipe, the damn thing is loading up bad with fuel between 4- 6k rpm I have tried the trick with zeroing out everything up to 20% and up to 6k rpm but i dont like the fact im running stock 14.7 afr when I had the stock o2 in place.

#104 ·
I have gytr with akra y pipe, block off plates and stock filter.... map xx-xx-011 or 10, on decel its popping like crazy, buy only on rapid decel. I going to try map xx-xx-002 and if that works better. Its been 95 degrees around here and low has been 75 degrees. any other in put from others would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.