Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 R1 power commander maps

59K views 209 replies 69 participants last post by  Butts84 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Have just recieved my two brothers carbon slip ons and was wondering if anybody else has tried these cans and what your thoughts are.Am thinkinf of getting a power comamder to go with the cans and to try and erradicate the shocking bottom end throtle response.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

P.S anybody got a map for the twobrothers cans i could try

Cheers

Brian

#106 ·
YZR-M1 RIDER - Coating the exhaust will not affect the map at all.

SLIDER - I don't believe you have our products anymore but regardless most maps, ours or others, will not help for popping on deceleration as the injectors shut completely off under deceleration. Block your PAIR valve and make sure you do not have any exhaust leaks.

#107 ·
SLIDER - I don't believe you have our products anymore but regardless most maps, ours or others, will not help for popping on deceleration as the injectors shut completely off under deceleration. Block your PAIR valve and make sure you do not have any exhaust leaks.[/quote]

I'm confused on that I don't have your products? I have the PCV installed and I'm useing the map for the graves with no cat and stock filter. I do have the block off for the PAIR vave and no exhaust leaks. But that wont fix on the popping on decel? heck would a custom map will?

#109 · (Edited)
Well if you close the throttle completely on deceleration (while down shifting), it will start popping be stops when you apply very little throttle. I'm assume this is normal taking in fact that it now has no cat, and a better breathing exhaust system? I'm running a differant fuel too than just 91 octane. Im running 100LL just to see the effects and it seems to make it worse( i.e. sometimes on acceleration if I take my time about shifting). I'm going back to the 91 octane a.s.a.p.

#111 ·
I read through the post to get an idea of power commander mappings for 2010 R1 with Akrapovic Racing Exhaust - Complete System. I have the power commander V. 1st gear is like a rocket- too much so. Having difficulty with low RPMs. I am taking off just fine but can not seem to stay at or below 20 mph to save my life. Second gear needs to be at 40 mph. I feel like I am relearning throttle control after 20 years. It is wicked fun, but makes me nervous with all the law enforcement. On my 05 R1 .. well that is a different story altogether, but the difference in performance was noticible 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears, 6 stayed (..well..)boring.

And since I have been 184 mph- I don't need to go there again. Just having fun!

#113 ·
I have problem with my PCV because I don't know what map to use with my setup?

My setup has Akrapovic can + Y pipe + K&N

Thanks in advance!

#115 ·
I also have this set up, and would like to know which map is best. Why is it that every time someone asks Dynojet for this particular set up they are ignored? It has never been answered even up to now. Is it that they don't know? Or is it that any map for a similar set up will work, and it's a dumb question?

#114 ·
Here is my dyno run. The lowest run is with the dynojet map for the Two Brother+y Connector+plock off plates+K&N Filter. The map looks like shit. The second run is on the dyno. That map look a bit better but if feels more slugish between 6000 &7000 rmp. I don't understand, the bike is pulling strong on low rpm but when I am rolling on the hwy at 5000 rpm and give it gas, it almost bugs down and only starts pulling strong at around 7000 rpm, all at full trottle. To get this map the Dyno guy destroyed my rear tire. Can I fix this without going thru another tire?

Attachments

#116 ·
plasmablue123 - since you are overseas map 22-006-511 is for your setup

bikingluc - there is definitely something else going on there. Let me know your setup and send me a copy of your map. It would be nice to see the runs with AFR on the sheet also.

fearless1 - map 22-006-015 should work well for your setup.

#122 ·
Well I installed a pcv yesterday in my bike after getting my bike dynoed and finding out my low mount is messing my a/f all up only put down 145hp at the back wheel! my tuner said a pcv will give me major gains with my set up.. Well first impression is that the bike seems way peppier (if thats a word) and much much smoother all around havent noticed any flat spot between 4-6k but only have ridden about 70 miles since install. im running the 002 map .. (graves slip on no cat,stock air filter) Will get a custom map done before next season. as here in baltimore there calling for snow soon already! Im happy with my pcv!

#125 ·
Hi,
I'm looking for a map - hoping DynojetResearch is subscribed and can help? (or anyone else!)
2011 European R1
PCV with O2 Optimiser - not replaced sensor
Acrapovic Slipons - no db killers
Cat removed (M4 Link Pipe)
Standard air filter
What Map do you think I should run? Any feedback gratefully received!
Cheers

#126 · (Edited)
After reading all these posts and still sitting on the fence about fitting a pcv as my throttle response is perfectly smooth i wanted to ask if anyone here has first tried adjusting the fuel metering through the dash to clean up the low end stumble or snatchy low rpm throttle response problems some owners are having ?
I have owned a few R1s an R6 and a couple of current FZ1s , all with snatchy low rpm throttle responses , mostly due to lean factory fuel settings to get past euro emission regs and have smoothed out the throttle responses through adjusting ( raising ) the settings 2 - 5 increments , usually done in a few minutes and easy to change on the side of the road if the settings arent to yr liking !

#128 · (Edited)
Not stupid at all , i worked as a tech for a yamaha dealership and didnt know until yrs after i left when i downloaded a YEC manual for one of my bikes .

Its in the diagnosis section of the instrument cluster , its called CO then go into 1 2 3 4 , which to my thinking is RPM split into 4 sections as i have had good responses fattening 1 and 2 but doing the same to 3 and 4 has in most cases dulled the upper rpm response , if u download a YEC ECU manual ( doesnt matter for which bike as yamaha instrument clusters operate the settings in the same configuration ) it describes how to carry out the settings , happy adjusting .

PS: am curious what yr standard settings are if they are much different depending what part of the world you are in , i write mine in the back of my owners manual for record in case i want to go back , my bikes are usually in the 2 - 5 increments , the adjustment ranges from 0 and i think from memory to 22 , because so many bikes go to different places of the world i wonder if Yamaha has different or certain base settings preset for different countries ? i assume much cheaper to load an instrument cluster preset than fitting different ecu chips .

#130 ·
Wow - this is all news to me I had no idea it was possible to change the fuel map without the PCV - what is the Dynojet kit for then if this is possible manually? - how to I get my hands on the YEC ECU manual?

#133 · (Edited)
I believe the standard settings through the dash wont be as accurate as a PCV , especially at different rpm intervals such as every 250 rpm , could you imagine the cost involved if manufacturers was to accurately tune every motor vehicle or bike for every part of the world and sea levels , we would be paying Ducati prices for our R1s , $26999 for a standard Panigale in Oz WTF and still not as smooth as a Jap bike .

#131 · (Edited)
here is a u tube how to although a vmax it is the same configuration as R1 , R6 , FZ1 etc , he does talk about individual cylinder mixtures although i believe it is RPM sections as im not sure the ECU can determine which cylinder is getting what without each cylinder having its own seperate exhaust or heat sensor .

#132 ·
That's amazing - never know that was possible
Does adjusting it this way have any benefits over the PCV?
I will check my settings later and note what the stock settings are on an EU bike - thanks!

#138 · (Edited)
u might have to speak to the person who unleashed the ecu , although the standard throttle does have a manual idle up adjustment , i turn mine up when i do a trackday , however theres a possibility yr reworked ecu automatically adjusts the throttle servo if it detects an idle lower than set for racing .

#139 ·
That explains things - just changing the idle settings is no use - and as I have the PCV anyway I'm glad that the incremental changes are better - Thanks Dynojet - PM sent!

#140 ·
Hi guys, Ive just updated my firmware on my pc5, Just looking for a closer map than I have at the moment, I running a K&N Panel filter, Decat Y pipe and Akra rear cans. I currently running the m22-006-507, Just checking this is ok or if anyone has a map which would be better ?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.