Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 R1 power commander maps

59K views 209 replies 69 participants last post by  Butts84 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Have just recieved my two brothers carbon slip ons and was wondering if anybody else has tried these cans and what your thoughts are.Am thinkinf of getting a power comamder to go with the cans and to try and erradicate the shocking bottom end throtle response.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

P.S anybody got a map for the twobrothers cans i could try

Cheers

Brian

#141 ·
So I checked my co settings and they were 0 for cylinders 1 2 and 4 but 3 was set to -5 which seemed strange so I set it back to 0 also installed y pipe and changed pcv map so hard to tell if it made any difference.

Thanks for the new map Dynojet she's running like a dream :)

#143 ·
Backfiring on decel is fairly common with an open exhaust. This is NOT an indication of your bike runing too rich or too lean. Unfortunately no piggyback fuel controller can help this issue either as the stock ECM shuts the injectors completely off on decel.

You need to disable the clean air system (secondary air) first and see if that helps. If that doesn't then I know some guys that flash the ECU can keep the injectors open on decel. This would allow adjustments to be made in the PCV at 0% throttle to reduce this issue.

Also make sure your exhaust does not have any leaks.

#147 · (Edited)
found this from another forum ,which is what i was lead to believe , and like i said it did clear up a snatchy throtttle on my R6 and FZ1 although when i richened the CO 3 and 4 settings the engine bogged down when accelerating at higher revs and throttle operation , here is also the link and apprently the US bikes dont have this option , anyone confirm ?

http://www.fz6r-forum.com/forum/f13/adjusting-fuel-using-co-adjustment-20097/

Directly From the R6 OEM MANUAL for assembling the bikes

Before changing the settings, check the engine for its characteristics in normal
It is recommended that the settings be checked with an A/F measuring instrument.
Guidelines for setting
• Code C1: At 25% or less of throttle opening and at 3000 rpm or less of engine
This affects the idling stability and the feeling experienced during
Too rich an air-fuel mixture may foul the spark plugs.
• Code C2: At 25% or less of throttle opening and at 3000 rpm or more
speed:
This affects the feeling experienced during engine braking and
throttle opening.
Make a change of 2 to 5% at a time while checking for any
changes.
• Code C3: At 25% to 90% of throttle opening:
This affects the feeling experienced at half throttle opening.
Make a change of 2 to 5% at a time and check for any resulting changes.
• Code C4: At 90% or more of throttle opening:
This affects the feeling experienced at full throttle.
Adjustment to too lean a mixture will lead to engine breakdown.
Adjustment by checking the A/F is recommended.
In particular, to adjust on the leaner side, make a change of 1
time while checking for the result. 12 to 13 is a targeted A/F.

#148 ·
Hi everyone, I am getting a RaceFit side exit pipe for my 2010 R1. It currently has TBR carbon cans, y-pipe & k&n freeflow filter. Can anyone suggest a pcv map for the racefit?
Reason for the change is because am fed up with having hot bollocks when riding the bike.
Dave B

#153 ·
#171 · (Edited)
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.