Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Reflashing 09 R1 ECU

30K views 125 replies 56 participants last post by  triplex76 
#1 · (Edited)
#40 ·
Subscribed:secret:

#41 ·
Can you upgrade the Watchdog ecu on my r1 if i send it to you? I'd like to go for the Big Dog ecu if at all possible. PM me a price.

#42 ·
My Jack Russell is bigger than a Rotweiler. At least that's what he thinks :)
But being serious for a moment, what i meant before was could you enquire with the remapping dudes as to whether the end user could specify more than just opening up the tps from 80% to 100%. Didn't want them to be mapping it themselves as it really is far more complex a setup than a gsxr but the options to get the pro's to make specific changes for an extra charge would be well worth it in my opinion.

#43 · (Edited)
Im in when can i get it done, i want it done like yesterday !!! Im also in the process of getting the factory clutch hub modded as on busas and 1k suz, to elimnate that chatter and problems when launching or slipping the clutch. This new r1 seems to be the worst one ive felt in my opinion. That should be available soon if anyones interested since ive heard others complain of this.

This post has been deleted
#47 ·
Update:

Yamaha has done some pretty trick stuff on the 09 in regards to the throttle by wire. For what I am told it seems the throttle chip has lots more calculating, interpolating and all around checking being performed than on the previous models.
Evidently, as preventing a malfunction there is the No 1 safety concern around electronic throttle control...
I am just "a bit" surprised about that "checksum software is expensive" thing.
Probably that's the "user friendly" explanation of a more complex problem, because calculating a checksum really is standard and doesn't take much.

Havn't had time to "play around" on mine so far unfortunately...

#49 ·
I can get the stock ecu reprogrammed and the loom modified both the full yec kit spec. But it will change the clock display and you loose d-mode.

#50 ·
So its basically the same as the other place is doing then. I dont need a clock or d mode. I just want the darn thing to give me 100%tps and if the us bike is dropped a few deg of timing id like that back, and the rest of the tunning i can take care of. I know its not a drag bike but thats what part of its use is for me and id like to get it solved asap.

#53 ·
Ok guys, I finally received a connector we were waiting for in order to get the reflashing going. So I am shipping my spare ECU and this connector in a few hours to the guys that handle the technical side of things. I am not an expert on this field at all, but I will try to pass the information given to me as accurately as possible.

As of right now I the plan is to remove the restrictions (5k,12k) and leave the below 6800 100% one alone, as that one actually helps. There might be other things discovered as they dump the information out, we'll see.

One thing, there is a small chance my ECU will get damaged, and if that happens then we're SOL then as the other one I have is the Euro and I can't risk that one also.

For comparison, the 09 R6 they did has been running now for a while with no problems and with a bit more power in some places. So we'll see what happens to the 09 R1.

Before everyone goes crazy with this, so far I have seen gains on my bike with the restrictions removed because of the motor work. I am seeing good top end but that's not just a de-restriction benefit, it's a cam and compression benefit. So for people that are going to keep the motor stock, this might not be the thing to do. That being said, I never ran a bone stock bike de-restricted.
How is your R6 working after having ECU reflashed. Did it get rid of the throttle opening restrictions and can I send mine to have the work done?

#58 ·
mjhhhh dam what happen.. anyone know?? ive been waiting for this one 2.

#62 ·
No problems with the EPA or Yamaha, just tired of trying to help people and then having some copy the research and pass it off as their own. Also tired of all the worthless low lives that say they want something, I go and bother my contacts (who have a lot more important things to do than to deal with me to begin with) and then I never hear anything back. Last guy wanting an Euro set and backing out did it for me. Stuff like that makes me look like I don't know what I am doing to my contacts.

I'm just glad I have a derestricted bike and that it really works well. Still debating whether to offer the ECU reflash to the public once it's available. Never had this problem with other forums and don't feel like going thru it again.

#64 ·
Still debating whether to offer the ECU reflash to the public once it's available. Never had this problem with other forums and don't feel like going thru it again.

Well that sucks! I have been keeping an eye on this thread just for that reason. You could always ask for cash first then do the leg work, if the person doesn't understand the reasoning behind it then to bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.