Recall On The 09 R1 - Page 4 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
09-14 R1 Mechanical Help Mechanical and Critical Issues for the 09-14 R1

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:24 AM
look for special phrase here

Sure no prob. It's really not that bad. If it weren't under warrenty I wouldn't cry about it and I'd let it go without replacing. But since it is why the hell not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Quit shaking your head, you're creating a draft!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Man, The Legend Uncle P

Phantom Squadron CO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:28 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimoPrime View Post
glad to see people are getting this taken care of. but in the future guys; if you live in a dessert dont park your bike in the sun. that kinda seems like common sense to me
So where do you suggest guys in a desert park? Under a tree?

Not too many of those in your average desert mate!
Thats common sense to me!
post #63 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:43 AM
My R1 eats me.

Have just checked my 2010 R1 and they have fitted frosted piece's under the light. I have attached a pic below to show the mod.

post #64 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:00 AM
R1SP only the best will do

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter2468 View Post
No I think it gets melted by the sun being focused through the head lamp, like a magnifing glass. I'm not too sure what they do to fix it but i think it is something like a sticker that go's on the under side of the head lamp to block the light from focusing.
Had mine done last year before any damage appeared. Yeah it's just a small sticker placed where the sun magnifies the rays through the bug eyes.

Sig by: You know who.
post #65 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:37 AM
I eat my R1

i'm thinking to remove the glass ... it would look way better without the external one, it got another one inside ... i need to check how it impacts the light beam
post #66 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salhab View Post
post some pics please! Glad i didnt take the 2009! waiting for my 2010 white ! 5days and i get it!
oh my god, if you think this is a major issue (2 stickers job) be prepared at the clanckiti clank ... it's still there on the 2010
post #67 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 04:17 PM

^^^^

Quote:

Phantom Squadron CO
post #68 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
Post up some pictures of your damage. Sounds like it could be an expensive fix for Yamaha if a full recall is issued. There may be a service bulletin out on it.
+1

[SIGPIC]
post #69 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:41 PM
I am my battery's tender.

Mine has some melting spots now. I don't park facing the sun anymore. I will get it fixed by the dealer sooner or later.
post #70 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 03:13 PM

Just talked to the dealership after he called a few guys. Apparently this doesn't happen to any of us in the midwest (at least nobody has reported it ) which doesn't surprise me that I'm the exception the first person he talked to said they were doin the fix by applying a frosted vinyl/sticker. He thought was to "hokey" and would eventually start peeling which I'm glad he didn't settle with that. One of the next people said to replace the whole housing. So looks like I'm getting the '10 frosted housing and they are also replacing all the melted plastics just waiting on parts then I can throw the hids in

now if I could only get the cct fixed also....

Quote:

Phantom Squadron CO

Last edited by greenstreak9205; 05-18-2010 at 03:16 PM.
post #71 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 06:40 PM

Here are some pics i took with the phone. I have better/actually clear ones on the camera but that would require me to hook it up to a computer

here you can see 2 burn marks right next to each other in the gray area

you can't really see it in this one but it's just to the right of the light reflection

also note that in each of the light marks/reflections is where the paint is starting to become wavy. I doubt you'll be able to see it though with these pics

**in the 1st and 3rd pic the wavy marks are just to the right of the reflection

Quote:

Phantom Squadron CO

Last edited by greenstreak9205; 05-18-2010 at 06:43 PM.
post #72 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
My R1 eats me.

my 09 is in geting a new starter motor atm, dealer called me and told me he was gonna replace headlight surounds also due to this issue.
post #73 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:20 AM
I eat my R1

dammmmmmmmmmm im in florida just went outside took a look and yep i have it too
post #74 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:26 PM

I'll have to post up those good pics from my camera soon

Quote:

Phantom Squadron CO
post #75 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 01:59 PM
My R1 eats me.

I just checked my 09 today that has just under 900 miles on it and I have the melting spots as well. My bike is always garaged except for ride time, but the bike did sit outside at the dealer. I'll hit up the dealer sometime in the next couple days and try and get those frosted lens.
post #76 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:00 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
Just talked to the dealership after he called a few guys. Apparently this doesn't happen to any of us in the midwest (at least nobody has reported it ) which doesn't surprise me that I'm the exception the first person he talked to said they were doin the fix by applying a frosted vinyl/sticker. He thought was to "hokey" and would eventually start peeling which I'm glad he didn't settle with that. One of the next people said to replace the whole housing. So looks like I'm getting the '10 frosted housing and they are also replacing all the melted plastics just waiting on parts then I can throw the hids in

now if I could only get the cct fixed also....

Speak for yourself. I have it going on with my 09 right now and I live in Wisconsin. Dealership is looking into it at the moment. I should be hearing back soon.

Wieb
post #77 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:26 AM

Yea that's just what th dealer said. Where in wisco are ya?

Quote:

Phantom Squadron CO
post #78 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
Yea that's just what th dealer said. Where in wisco are ya?
I'm in Cedar Grove. It's just north of Port Washington.

What did you find out with yours? Anything yet?

Wieb
post #79 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Banned

got em on mine too. anyone know if the dealer will just give you the stickers or do they insist on putting them on. i hate having them morons touch my bike. the last time was a nightmare
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	059.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	410024  
post #80 of 417 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Fire for effect

speaking of recalls has anyone got any information on the CCT? Been reading some disturbing things that the 09 has problems... would like to know in advance what I'm getting myself into when I get home and pick one up.

courtesy of petrol

Would you like to donate some old magazines to deployed Soldiers? Clicky the link for details

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode