Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall On The 09 R1

89K views 416 replies 110 participants last post by  cyclepsycho7 
#1 ·
Has any one in the USA had there dealer contact them about the projector head lamps on the 09 melting holes in the fering's below the lights? Mine did here in Australia, I said "no I don't have any melting in mine" but when I got home and had a close look sure enough there was 4 small melted spots. Yamaha is replacing it and fixing the lights, I was just wondering if it was the same over there.

#154 ·
in his defense i have seen different styles. they could very well have early and late model 10's because they didn't kno of the problem early enough. the new ones i have, have a large frosted patch compared to some of the other ones i have seen. they almost looked more like a strip compared to mine :dunno just sayin

#167 ·
Guys don't give up if Yamaha only replaced the grills or gave you a damn sticker, I took my bike to the dealer a couple weeks ago and the dealer only replaced the grills ( per Yamaha instructions ) well after the fix it started to melt again, so I said **** it! I'll buy the headlights myself but why? It's Yamahas mistake.. So I took the bike to the dealership where I originaly got the bike from and they called yamaha and after yamaha asked a bunch of dumb questions they finally said Ok replace everything ( grills-front cowling- frosted headlights ) parts are on order now wich retail to $765 not including labor:jump so the bottom line is : don't give up and be persistent, call Yamaha and go to a different dealership, you didn't spent over 10 thou for nothing. Next is the new CCT.:crash

#170 ·
part of the problem with warranty work is when a dealership turns in their labor claim they dont get paid as much as if you were covering the bill. warranty work doesnt cover the full hourly wage. that is why many dealerships are reluctant to do any more than they have to. eventhough sometimes it just takes more work in the long run lol

#171 ·
i called and talked to yamaha again after seeing greenstreaks repair order and they said the dealer can call and get it approved but its a case by case basis. my dealer told me they cant do anything even with the repair order as proof. they said its up to yamaha and yamaha says no. on the other hand when i talk to yamaha they say its up to the dealer to call the tech line and if they press hard enough theyll get the 2010 headlights. i called schauer power center and the guy said he had to talk to three different yamaha techs before one had the common sense to see the problem and give him the approval needed for the full replacement. so as far as my dealership goes they work hard to make the sale, but dont do shit for service after the sale

#172 ·
Yea they said at Schauer's that they had to call a few people before they found a good way to fix it. First people didn't kno, second said stickers and the third said to replace it all. But they still didn't replace the grills :lol they think it's just from road debris. Whatevs..that's fine with me. At least it won't get any worse now

#173 ·
Oh and what did you say to the guys/did they say to you at Schauer's when you said you talked to me :dunno just out of curiousity. I see them being very confused about it. But I did refer to you guys on here a few times :)

#177 ·
Well I had the sticker fix done today. My stealer replaced my upper cowl and grills. The funny thing is is that I can barely see the sticker refector they put in. I don't know how this is suppose to be fix. On 2010 lights you can clearly see the frosted area at the bottom of the lense.

So I'm sure it's just a matter of time until my bike starts melting again. Then they'll have to replace all that again. Then they should be able to get approval from yamaha to give me 2010 lights under warranty.

#178 ·
took mine down to my dealer today, he said it would be no trouble to replaced the grill surrounds and top fairing but said he hadn't had one single approval by yamaha to replace the headlights with 2010 ones. He said he'd ask the rep but he wasn't hopeful. He did try to assure me the stickers were quite permanent even though the salesman out the front agreed with me that ALL sticker come off eventually.

Going to give yamaha a call to see what they say.

P.s this is in sydney australia @ Bikebiz Parramatta

#179 ·
I called Yamaha Customer Service earlier to-day and was told that there wouldn't be a re-call because there wasn't any injury or death involved ... until that happens NO RE-CALL

I was also told that if you are experience'N problems to take the bike to your Yamaha Service and it would be takin' care of ... what ever that meant as he wouldn't elaborate on it but I took it as it would be fixed at no charge

#186 ·
I got mine fixed today but I didn't get the frosted light or a sticker on it. I got new black bits around the lights and then they put a peace of black plastic directly under the lights and a small bit of thick clear contact on the painted parts under the lights, can't see how this will fix the problem because surely the plastic on top of the grill will melt the same as the plastic of the grill. But we will see....................

#189 ·
Just started a work order with my local dealership, also showed them the workorder that was posted here. They wrote me up and sees no reason why yamaha wouldnt pay for it. "seems" they are getting me 2010 headlights on top of replacing the burnt parts including cowl. I hope they dont call me in for my appointment and just slap a sticker and replace burnt spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.