Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

New CCT on 2010 R1

65K views 429 replies 105 participants last post by  One-ops 
#1 ·
Just got word from a GM at a Yamaha dealer. He is an old friend who sent me an email about the 2010 cct. He indicated it is improved and will fit the 09 (of course). I will call him tmrw and post more then....:crash

#151 ·
Ok Just called yamaha canada about this problem and they have a tech bulletin saying it makes the noise "only" on cold starts, which is bs but at least they got it. Now as for us in Canada, they dont seem as advanced as the U.S.,like usual, on this cct. I asked the rep to give me the new part # for the revised cct and he replied by saying their arent any. Now i gave him the part # which ss55539 mentionned, and he replied, oh it is the new modified cct for the 09 but the part is too new,its not even in the system yet....and that i cant order it right away. But what bugs me the most is he mentioned if my warranty is over, I might have a tuff time getting this part free. wtf! soo off to my dealer and see if they are as good as they say they are.

btw ss55539: THANK YOU !! Finally good news on this cct!!!

#154 ·
I'm not sure what part number is in a foreign model but in Canada the partwill supersede to 14B 1221001 00.

thats the mail i got!
in my country am having a big problem with this and they are not even aware of a problem whatsoever! even about the light bulb! i dunno how can i resolve this:)

#155 ·
Your Right about canada, we always get things last!!im not even trying for the burnt plastic on my light covers..If they dont even know about the cct, imagine the lights??? I hate that they cant even share infos between countries. When I called the U.S, they told me the bike is "completely" different than the canadian one, this is why they dont share info. I mean cmon!! a part from colour codes and a "few"parts, its def. not "completely" different

#157 ·
No date given to me, but just got a good buddy of mine that worked for yammy for 13 years, to call his yamaha rep here in Canada and the rep said it is coming out soon but no date given. I thi k patience will pay off for us!

#161 ·
so i just got off the phone with my dealer; pretty much got jerked around. he said he's never heard of either the cct issue or the burning headlight issue. I have not had any cct issues on my bike yet but i only have 1,100 miles on my '09.

Is Yamaha going to recognize the CCT as a model wide recall (kinda like the '07 ECU)? The dealer told me i'd have to bring the bike in to be inspected, then they'd contact yamaha to see where to go from there; well if i don't have any cct issues, what should i do? just wait until i start getting problems with it? lol any ideas or info on recalls for the cct?

#162 ·
call the dealership back tell them to look in the 2010 motorcycle/scooter technical update PAGE 6-7 tells the dealership they are aware of it. then if they still complain give them this phone number 1800-962-7926 and this part number 14B-12210-01-00

#163 ·
Yamaha knows about the headlight issue, or why else would they have frosted the lower portion of the headlights on the 2010.

take your bikes by the dealer and show them yours and then a 2010. Its clear as day.

Coyote Motorsports here in Denver is the sh*t, took mine by there to show them what was going on with my headlights, no worries, they ordered up the parts without keeping the bike so i can have it while on vacation, and they called me telling me there is an updated part correcting this. parts will be here in a week.

also its being covered under my extended warranty.:sneaky

as for the cct and being out of warranty, no big deal, if it has been noted under your previous warranty, its covered.

#164 ·
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

just read about 20+ pages concerning the CCT, much appreciated to everyone who did the footwork for this, i just purchased mine recently, so i will gladly print the PDF and various info on here and go directly to my dealer june 9th, and have them order the part for me. The manager seemed like a really cool guy when i explained to him about the frosted 2010 headlights and that issue.

He told me if i get any burning or anything he will replace it, even though he never heard of it before, but he did acknowledge it made sense to get burning there without the frost. He didnt even notice the 2010 were frosted until i pointed it out on the showroom floor. lol

Thanks again FOR ALL THE FOOTWORK, hope everyone gets the revised CCT.

#166 ·
yamaha of texas is really pissing me off. Called them yesterday wanting to get the new one on order. the dipshits working didnt know what i was talking about and would have my normal go to guy call me back....he never did...they probably never told him. go up there today...hes working at another store for the day. I explain to them whats going on...tell me to go order it at the parts counter...said no...its warranty..im not paying for it. took my info then asked for my keys. "um...its not being released for another 2 weeks im not leaving my bike here till then I just want to get the part on order" again said someone would call me back to tell me if they got to order it....no call. Im ready to just do like a few other guys and have Stadium Yamaha order one for me

#168 ·
Same happened to me today. Called my dealer and they told me it was normal. I went to explain the forum and how there are part numbers and everything. He ran my VIN then told me nothing. So I'm gunna try a different dealer if it doesn't matter where I bought my bike to have warranty work done.

#172 ·
Regarding the headlight problem in my experience the dealer wasn't the problem, actually the technitian was great, he called Yamaha 3 times and Yamaha said that they were only paying to replace the headlight grills ( $15 ) a piece, so at the end they did not fix the actual problem, it's already beginning to melt again and I only have 890 miles on the bike.

#173 ·
yeah i put black tape under the headlight to try to protect my grilles until the new pieces get here. rode yesterday for about 45 min, no stopping and already melted the tape. so i dont take long at all. my dealer said yamaha had this prob on some quads awhile back. it would melt inside then the bulb would fall out the back of the assembly. u would think they would learn

#174 ·
Finally got ahold of Kane at the dealership today. He said he did pull up the part number for the updated part. and its the number thats already in their fiche. Anyone else have their dealership tell them this? I dont know if yamaha did an update to the fiche to wear only the new number is popping up. i gave him number 14B-12210-01-00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.