Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2009 r1 cam chain tensioner

48K views 199 replies 72 participants last post by  kurt_w_n 
#1 ·
ok guys im still having to hear the ugly cam chain rattle in my bike any new news

#45 ·
Oh...I see.

Just noticed you're in SLO. My parents live in Paso Robles. I was just out there last month for a few days. I lived in the area long ago for a few years (Atascadero/Paso Robles). Every time I go back I think about how nice it would be to have my R1.

I would love to ride 41, 46 (from 101 going west), and 51 (I think that's it?), plus many other roads in the area.

#46 ·
Hey guys, I just thought I'd throw in some feedback from over here in Aus. I'v been having the same problem. I have done nearly 7,000k's on my 09 R1 and have already had the CCT replaced once, only got it back last week and it's gone again.

I will be going back to the dealer to get them to replace it and asking for the details to contact Yamaha Australia.

#48 ·
The 09 is a GREAT BIKEbut this issue is an annoying one that can lead to major problems if unchecked.

I spoke with my dealer today who then spoke to Yamaha and they have "realised theres an issue" but doubt it will cause problems like jumping teeth or anything. I didn't buy the bike so it can sit in the workshop every few hundred K's the get a new CCT. Yamaha needs to do something about it soon. Word of mouth is a massive killer and words are already starting to spread about the 09 "issues"

#59 ·
I spoke with the dealer yesterday and the new CCT from Yamaha will ship to them in mid-June. The service dude told me to call back in a few weeks and schedule the change out while I'm still under warranty.

I believe he said the ship release date from Yamaha for the new part is June 9. He knew exactly what I was talking about and filled in the blanks before I even asked all the questions.

#63 ·
i called yamaha of texas. waiting on the main parts/service guy to call me back. The guy i got on the phone was an idiot and looked up my VIN "theres no recall on it" "no there isnt. its a request only fix. Wheres Kane i've been dealing with him about this for months now"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.