Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2012 R1 WGP : Can anyone make sense of this Backfiring/ Starting issue, i am LOST !

15K views 183 replies 20 participants last post by  greenstreak9205 
#1 ·
so a few weeks ago i had left for vacation and i put in fuel stabilizer (red) honestly i put more than i should have and left for vacation. when i got back and tried to start it the issue came up... i googled and searched and noticed people had similar issues but not exact symptoms..

lately i have had a much harder time starting my bike it takes a while and some playing with the throttle to get it fired up... today i took a video it took me a while to start and it and it fired 2 huge fireballs and backfired before it finally started..i DO have YES (yamaha extended service) but its sooooo cold i have no way to bring my bike to the dealer right now and i honestly dont trust them unless i absolutely have to (yes i know this may be one of those times) but id like to try to figure it out on my own with the help of you guys...:shake

im thinking possibly the spark plugs fouled from the fuel stabilizer being overfilled. but it dosnt make sense for that to happen from 1 time. then i thought it was the battery :dunno nope got a brand new shorai battery ..:shake

at this point i feel like im in a bitch fight trying to figure out this issue :sissy:..

can anyone help me out and tell me what to diagnose or do to stop this from happening again its mind boggling knowing i did not install any mods nor did i play with my power commander lately... makes no sense to me...

id genuinely appreciate if someone can help from beg to end to fix this issue and i am willing to pay someone to save me a trip to the dealership... i will paypal (1) person (whoever helps most to figure this out) money for your brainstorming and troubles..

thanks for reading my essay guys and if you can PM me :secret: to try and help me from beginning to end... i will pay..

thanks again...:stpd::iamwithst:stpd::iamwithst:iamwithst

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.