Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Yamaha R1 2012 throttle problem

17K views 102 replies 13 participants last post by  YamahaPower 
#1 ·
Hi guys , I have a concern with my r1 2012 , between 1.5krpm to 6k rpm .

I have jerking throttle , like the bike is missing gas , and this happen through all gear...

I have look if I didn't have a kinked fuel line, everything is fine .
Than I though it might be my k&n filter so I put back my OEM one , the problem still ..

Than I look for my tps sensor in diagnostic mode and the left and right tps are all fine everything is in spec.

So what left ? I though maybe it could be my spark plugs but I only have 11000 km ( 5000 miles)

Or can it be a bad injector ?

This problem only occur at low rpm , over 6k rpm and WOT everything is fine ...

I have talked to a Yamaha mecanian and he think it could be my flashtune map but I dont think so , Im using TAD map and as I read everyone is having good result..

Thank you for your help . Carl

See less See more
#35 ·
ive done the throttle body sync.im gonna try a reflash tomrrow amd see what happens

#40 ·
Don't put a fuel map on top of my image...that will result in bad things. If you want to load a PCV fuel map, then you will have to load it on top of one of the F-T unrestricted images.

#52 ·
mine did the same thing on the same cylinder. i had what looked like a casting flaw or something in the vac port

#49 ·
:iamwithst

#60 ·
gonna try to test it out today and let you know. any progress on your front?

#62 ·
my tps is giving me funny readings all of a sudden.

#63 ·
Are your ground lugs lose?...That could cause the ECU to do funny things?

#64 ·
we checked all grounds saturday. idk why all this started all of a sudden

#66 ·
I was having the same issues for 2 weeks. Did routine scheduled maintenance including plugs, air filter, oil change, and problem still there. I replace the fuel line after all that and the problem immediately went away. Bike runs like a champ now! (Don't forget to bleed the line after replacing. And don't wait until you're already late for work to remember that)

Attachments

#67 · (Edited)
Well my problem isn't solved , I got the bike tuned with a bazzaz and the issues is still there..

My rpm is still fluctuating when I maintain a steady throttle.

I would like to know , since I tuned my bike with a bazzaz does it matter if I flash my bike to stock to be able to use diagnostic mode? Will I loose my tune ? I will disable the immobilizer and test the tps again..

Thank

#68 · (Edited)
Diagnostic mode is unaffected with a flash. You can use it as you once did. Just a jittery rpm in neutral is normal. There is no load on the engine, and where you happen to be holding it is probably between two cells in the intuition and fuel maps. Under nodal riding conditions that does not happen.

I think you are just hyper sensitive now...

Oh and do not reflash to stock as it will junk your tune, especially if you do not have the EXACT image that is in there now with no changes to put back in when you are done.

#70 ·
Because you flagged it with a US base image set to EU wiring harness. So you need to pull the plug on the imobilizer, as is described in the FAQ...if you had used an EU base image you would not have that problem...or at least others have not...

Just pull the imobilizer, and diagnostic mode will/should work...

#72 ·
An EU ECU image or EU PCV map in the ECU image?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.