Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Yamaha R1 2012 throttle problem

17K views 102 replies 13 participants last post by  YamahaPower 
#1 ·
Hi guys , I have a concern with my r1 2012 , between 1.5krpm to 6k rpm .

I have jerking throttle , like the bike is missing gas , and this happen through all gear...

I have look if I didn't have a kinked fuel line, everything is fine .
Than I though it might be my k&n filter so I put back my OEM one , the problem still ..

Than I look for my tps sensor in diagnostic mode and the left and right tps are all fine everything is in spec.

So what left ? I though maybe it could be my spark plugs but I only have 11000 km ( 5000 miles)

Or can it be a bad injector ?

This problem only occur at low rpm , over 6k rpm and WOT everything is fine ...

I have talked to a Yamaha mecanian and he think it could be my flashtune map but I dont think so , Im using TAD map and as I read everyone is having good result..

Thank you for your help . Carl

See less See more
#3 ·
I reflashed it back to stock it still do the same , and no check engine , I will look back again at the fuel line and try to find out the problem .

I have installed driven block off plates recently ,maybe it could be a bad installation causing this type of problem ? If so I should had a code ? But none right now . .. Thank for fast reply

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#13 · (Edited)
R1 09, TwoBros slipons, m4 y-pipe, everything else is stock. Worked fine without any issues for some time.

I've recently started experiencing the similar issue... having some kind of jerking and stuttering in low throttle 3-7K RPM. Sounds like missfires or overly lean condition. It happens in all gears, but really noticable in 1-3, feels less in A mode and worse in B mode as it is easier\harder to get into that throttle position in A and B modes. It takes some time to crank before it starts in the morning. No problems at full throttle or 20-30%..

I've checked:
- all the sensors available in "diag" mode,
- air filter,
- coils,
- changed spark plugs,
- cleaned primary injectors, fuel pump and its filter,
- did the "never kink again" fuel line mod,
- even tried riding with disconnected 02 sensor))

My thoughts for now are:
- RPM dependance may be related to primary\secondary injectors activity..
- It seems to be some kind of mechanical problem that is not seen by ecu or sensors.

I was thinking of buying PC-V to tune out that issue, but tuning a vehicle with some kind of undiagnosed malfunction doesnt seem to be right to me.

Looking for solution too...

#14 ·
So let me chime in here since the op is using an image that I have touched... do you have the O2 sensor installed? Do you have it disabled in the image? What version of the image are you using? EU or US bike?

#16 · (Edited)
Yes do the fuel line. Do you still have the OEM O2 sensor? Could be a fueling issue... what kind of exhaust are you running?

#23 · (Edited)
My problem exist for the most of time when I am riding, but sometimes it goes away for a few hours.. Yesterday I've been riding for the whole day just fine, the bike felt smooth in all rpm band, but later that day started experincing that jerking in low rpm\load.

Does your problem exist every time you ride, or does it occasionally go away and the bike rides smooth as it should without jerking?

#21 ·
Probably just the fueling difference between the 3/4 system and the graces full low mount.....:dunno

#24 ·
I started having this same exact problem 3 days ago! i sync'd the throttle bodies and all this started then. if i roll into it slowly and gradually then its fine but if i open at any moderate speed below 5-6k rpm then it acts the same way. i have a generic flash with the o2 disabled w/ a PCV and the proper map loaded for my set up. I have checked everything i can (i work for a yamaha dealer) here and im going to reflash tomrrow. idle is erratic and will die more often than not and is really hard to get started again once it dies.

Once i do get up to speed past 6k RPMS then it runs like normal.

#27 ·
the part number for the fuel pump in our bikes has a supersession to a new number now to....

Reactions: Skowmando
#29 ·
no there hasnet been anything issued i just checked the part number to see if it had changed and it had

#31 ·
fuel stabilizer didnt work for me at all. im finishing up the fuel line mod now.Gonna take her for a spin and see what happens

#32 · (Edited)
Have you guys checked your fly by wire throttle yet? Or ycc-t as Yamaha calls it?
I've seen these fly by wire systems develop a glitch in cars and if your super easy they go fine but sometimes when you get on it there scaling doesn't keep up and they get jumpy!
Just a thought I'd share.

Also lack of fuel would cause the problem to be worse higher your Rpms are..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.